It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S-300 killers and mission trucks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

here is a cool video about UAS,JSF,LCCM and jamming of the not so near future(now?). i have seen some videos on the S-300 and S-400 SAM systems and they seem to have a VERY robust defensive system. It's interesting they think swarms of low cost/low warhead weight will over come these systems and there jamming capabilities.

it will be interesting to see if Russia or China employs nuclear sam like when we(the US) deployed the Nike Zeus to deal with swarms of cheap hard to target LCCM's and stealthy platforms.

heres hoping they don't think that will be a better idea then RADAR and jamming.
edit on 3-5-2015 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Very good find. Thanks.
I do believe that the LCCM swarm strategy can be a very effective neutralizing technique for SAM batteries, especially with the telemetry and targeting data from the drone vanguard. It's is the same principle as attrition in aNY engagement. It will overwhelm the air defenses and cause them to expend their battery of missiles to address the incoming LCCM swarm, and with enough of them, there won't be any left to attack the fighter or mission truck. Performed correctly, it is a devastating tactic.
As for the radar jamming issues, Russia, the US, China, and several European nations are constantly swapping positions for the best systems. It's like the smartphone wars. Someone will come out with the biggest and best thing, but it doesn't retain that title for too long. And precision digital radar systems are getting harder to jam almost daily.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

As for deploying their own version of the Zeus Nike sky scorchers, I certainly hope not. But, unless it was an all-out fight until the utter annihilation of the other side, I seriously doubt any of the Big 5 would ever launch a first strike. Everyone knows what comes after that.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If you have a dozen targets coming at you, any number of which can be armed you have to react. That almost forces them to expend their missiles, opening the door for Weasels to kick it down.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Don't forget Iran

5 batches of S-300 PMU-2 and rumors of many more S-300 PMU-4 (S-400) systems .

plus possible deal of T-50ES for Iran . wink again .

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't remember what the Russians called a device that used normal RDX to pump some kind of strategic EMP warhead that could fit on there more advanced SAM systems. I wonder how shielded the 'cheap'/bargain ACM's are and if a EM weapon would be useful against them. with the push to unite portable solid state lasers and current aircraft and other anti-air assets i wonder if they will start coating the weapons/aircraft with some sort of reflective or ablative coating or tile like the shuttles have.

I heard threw the grape vine that we are using a cruse missile that is basically like the F-117's partner or EA-18 but allot smaller and allot cheeper and it comes with a bomb built into it

i have a feeling that we might see a air breathing high altitude replacement for the nighthawks shadow that will help guide and control a swarm of various types of unmanned aerial platforms acting as a reconnaissance/com link/laser/bda EW master piece. something with big wings and related to a dragon

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
On topic , performing ECM can be countered by ECCM .

Other countries are sitting all day long and are not waiting for future to see if USAF succeeds in jamming them .

Good luck in jamming these :

www.ausairpower.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(radar)

en.wikipedia.org...

he radar is also equipped with ECCM to survive in a e-warfare environment.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

It is capable of detecting multiple targets within its range and determine their parameters, tracking them even through surface clutter and ECM jamming

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

I wouldn't put much stock in the T-50. It's over budget and under performing. Russia has cut the initial buy to 12, India has cut their buy and is unhappy with the aircraft as it stands. There are rumors they may cut it completely.
edit on 5/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The UAV swarm includes UAVs armed with PGMs, or warheads built into the UAV itself. You have to kill every one of them to be sure. You're going to expend a lot of missiles to do that.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I wouldn't put much stock in the T-50. It's over budget and under performing. Russia has cut the initial buy to 12, India has cut their buy and is unhappy with the aircraft as it stands. There are rumors they may cut it completely.

Well , i have not heard those rumors and as you said they're just rumors . F-22 had also a lot of problems when it started its job . (oxygen system failure) , if there is any issue , it can be fixed .

either way , here is an interesting pic by sokhoi which shows their willingness to sell SU-50 to Iran :

www.mashreghnews.ir...

The UAV swarm includes UAVs armed with PGMs, or warheads built into the UAV itself. You have to kill every one of them to be sure. You're going to expend a lot of missiles to do that.
well you gotta spend a hell lot of money in case of a war . thats pretty normal .

Iran's navy also uses the same tactics to counter other's in case of a war : increasing costs of war

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Rumors?

m.csmonitor.com...

medium.com...

thediplomat.com...

medium.com...

It's fact, not rumor. It's well documented. The only rumor is whether India cuts it completely.

As for sales to Iran they also have mockups of it flying for Pakistan, Malaysia, South Korea, and many others.

It has nothing to do with cost. It has to do with time. The UAVs aren't going to be the only thing in the area. Once the battery crew has to reload, the real threats come in and attack. If they ignore the UAVs then the UAVs deal with the battery and the end result is the same.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I have not had time to read every ones links here, but does Iran have costal or platform RADAR rigs? do they have ANY early warning RADAR, or is it just what the individual SAM batteries can muster and stitch together?

Did Russia or maybe a in-house AWACS flying for Iran? I wonder if Russia lets them in on SAT imaging and early RADAR warning systems if they really thought Iran was going to get it(all run by Russian personal)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They have at least 4-5 AWACS based on the AN-140. They may have more but it's known at least that many were built. An AWACS based on the Il-76 crashed in 2009 during practice for a military parade. There are conflicting reports on cause but the pilot reported two engines on fire, and the radar dome came off before the crash damaging the tail section.

As for coastal radars, they have a number of radars to monitor the area along with artillery and missile systems.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Last ditch measures that never seemed to take off like it was anticipated..
Metal Storm

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Last ditch measures that never seemed to take off like it was anticipated..
Metal Storm

Actually..... the electric ignition device used by metal storm is going to be used by other systems in the future.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
With all the hype that went with it for quite a while I have no doubt it fell to the dark side.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
a reply to: yuppa
With all the hype that went with it for quite a while I have no doubt it fell to the dark side.

You can never have enough DAKKA!!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The AN-140 reminds me of the P-3 with its turbo props. It has what seems to be a high ceiling 25000feet is respectable for a prop aircraft. I wonder if the RADAR is Russian made and manned i know that sea port in Crimea was a Russia port. I bet with the new sam systems coming and the nuclear power stations the Iranian government is more then happy to take ANY Russian personnel they can get.

Didn't some one up high like Dmitry Medvedev said if Iran was attacked it would be like attacking Moscow ? Any tid bits or links ii can look at to help me find Russia's non nuclear EMP device, it claimed to have the highest non-pulsed EMP emissions. i remember people claiming some wing mounted pod was able to mess with some US destroyer at sea, i would bet $ to doughnuts it was a test of that 'conventional' emp bomb.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

No, the system that supposedly (but didn't) mess with the Donald Cook is similar to the system used on the F-16. It's a self contained self defense system. It's upgraded with new processors developed in Russia, but it's still not on par with the US systems. Not quite yet.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ohh well its a good thing i ate my last doughnut

do you know what EMP device I'm talking about. It has the casing of a normal bomb but uses high explosives to compress something to create a VERY high i think in the 22000 teslas of magnetic impulse, I'm sure its all very classified but i would love to get a basic idea of how such a device would work

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join