It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD Returns to Cheyenne, Warns of EMP Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: rickymouse

The chances of an EMP attack is actually pretty good. A few missiles way up high or a satelite that drops down over the US and blows up could knock out a lot of power. I think the US government would do this to us if the Economy crashed badly then blame it on someone else. If we can't communicate with each other, we can't organize.

Oh sorry, I guess I should stick to the subject about some other nuclear state like NK doing this to us.

Shades of the series Jericho. Two US factions fighting and Texas standing on the sidelines ;-) If you haven't seen it, stream it!

Cheers - Dave

Loved that series. When it started suggesting that the government was behind the attacks the series got pulled.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: rickymouse

The chances of an EMP attack is actually pretty good. A few missiles way up high or a satelite that drops down over the US and blows up could knock out a lot of power. I think the US government would do this to us if the Economy crashed badly then blame it on someone else. If we can't communicate with each other, we can't organize.

Oh sorry, I guess I should stick to the subject about some other nuclear state like NK doing this to us.

Shades of the series Jericho. Two US factions fighting and Texas standing on the sidelines ;-) If you haven't seen it, stream it!

Cheers - Dave

Loved that series. When it started suggesting that the government was behind the attacks the series got pulled.

I thought that was the premise the whole time, that the Utah bunch were the ones who had the 23 nukes (mason magic number if I remember right) and nuked 22 US cities (22 characters in the hebrew alphabet). The one agent left, had the last nuke. They wanted to deliver it to Texas, the only state that was still operational, to prove that the asshat in Utah did the dirty deed. That final scene was great lol. Wish the series had of gone on longer.

But it wouldn't surprise me if rouge elements within the US shadow government were willing to nuke a large percentage of the US in order to force their person vision. Of course it wouldn't surprise me in Canada either, especially since the 28kg (about 61 lbs) of nuclear materials went missing from one of the reactor sites back in the late 80's and that was only found out due to nuclear audit. It was on Maurice Strong's watch (waves at Maurice, I wonder if he still hates external affairs lol).

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

There is no comparable effort under way in Washington to protect civilian electronic infrastructure, even though a prolonged nationwide blackout could result in chaos and death on a massive scale, according to findings of a national EMP Commission authorized by Congress.

Why protect civilians when an EMP attack would set the nation back to a 'Wild West' era level of existence (literally) for decades, making the subjugation of said people a piece of cake compared to how it is now?

The EMP commission was held years ago and it was found that $500 billion was too expensive to ensure the on-going stability of the the U.S. society. That is to say, it was deemed that $600 billion (disclosed) dollars per annum for the military-industrial complex is a far better investment.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MagmaCumsLoudly

The EMP commission was held years ago and it was found that $500 billion was too expensive to ensure the on-going stability of the the U.S. society.
No. That was not the finding of the commission.
www.empcommission.org...

That is to say, it was deemed that $600 billion (disclosed) dollars per annum for the military-industrial complex is a far better investment.
Lets spend on that money on domestic stuff. Hell, let's give everyone a government job! National security, who needs it?

edit on 5/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The cold war is being stoked again, so why not return to burrowing into mountains?

Good luck with that, Russian and Chinese targeting systems have improved somewhat in the interim.

An EMP attack doesn't require precision/GPS targeting systems as it can affect a very wide area as big as the state of Texas or even beyond.

Even if it misses its detonation coordinates by over 10 miles, it can still achieve its objective. 1960's technology is more than enough to mount a successful EMP attack based on nukes.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

1960's technology is more than enough to mount a successful EMP attack based on nukes.

A "successful" EMP attack has never been 'launched, so it isn't a 'given'. Besides, why announce to the enemy you are coming, just blow everything up with nukes in the first place.

Nukes are made to destroy the enemy, not turn off the power.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the great post! Great information here.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage I swear you lower my anxiety better then Zanax. Thank you.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One of the things I never hear discussed about an EMP attack from radical factions is the response to the attack. Do you really think that any country who is a worldwide player with nukes would leave themselves open for invasion after being crippled from an EMP? Whether or not an EMP came from Russia, China, US or any other nuke nation, any country crippled would launch EMPs worldwide to even out the playing field. If you become crippled than cripple everyone else and it goes back to even.

In an EMP attack on one country, the whole world will be at war. Not only the destruction worldwide due to a total breakdown of modern life will occur, (3rd world countries will be effected the least) but each country will finally have the ability of total control over every part of a person's life through rebuilding society. Many will parish and become helpless. Those who try to rebuild society with self governing and freedom in mind will be easy to spot and be eliminated. Countries all over the world have underground cities and military technology to withstand an EMP attack and the social chaos that would follow.

After the dust settles,they will come out of the holes in the ground and restore order. They will really be creating a totally controlled society with little if no opposition. Population will be drastically reduced, the old, sick and disabled will be eliminated not being useful to the new agenda, and resources will be exhausted leaving almost everyone desperate and in need. The basic rule of survival will make most submissive to anything for food and water. And guess who will have and control the remaining resources.

An EMP attack would be horrible for the citizens of the world but a celebration to those who control the world.

So I ask these questions, out of all the things that can change the world, is it going to be natural or man made?
And if one country gets EMP'd, will they all?

Maybe this is the reason they are moving back to the mountain following worldwide plans as others are moving into their mountains waiting for the kickoff to the world's biggest game ever.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think most of the stuff hurt would be consumer level electronics. Grid level stuff I'd suspect has some redundancy.

The major switching or transformer stations likely have parallel sets, one kept offline and ready to be switched through if the other unit takes lightning damage or needs service. At least that should be the case in areas where business demands a high uptime. Smaller step-down transformers (neighborhood level) are even made to be switched out pretty quick, I've seen guys unbolt one, slide it off and slide in a new one in under half an hour. (Looked too simple the way that turnaround time on the job was.) Since grid level transformers and inter-connects are pretty robust, it's current spiking as induced in the mains that would kill them. I'd suspect the casing on ones not hooked up should provide some level of shielding and they'd remain undamaged. Also some server farms and phone switching stations still reside in buildings that are relics of the cold-war, thus they have faraday cages built around them.

Not to discount that it would seriously suck to lose a lot of electronics (and some are vital, banking or medical stuff) in an EMP, but I'd suspect having the power for AC/Refridgeration and lighting would be restored in the amount of time of a larger regional storm event. Getting everything else back in order would be the real PITA, and I'm sure everybody here would hate to lose all the stuff on their computers.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
An EMP would not only mess with the grid, it would be a big problem for com-sat, nav-sat and anything that has some informations to send through the layer of ions preventing communication from SAT to ground/planes.

And even if the signals come through, you still would have to worrie about GPS signal time correction if the antennas get damaged you will get a unstoppable drift because you can not correct the clocks, this has to be done by hand from earth.
US Military will pull commercial satelite resources more and more because their own birds are degenerating. Yes -some-
are EMP hardened but there is still radiation...

Even if your grid is unaffected ATMs, CardTerminals at shops, are probably all dead/overloaded... Can´t fire GPS guided bombs, can´t relay information to battlegroups on the field...
A single EMP in the atmosphere anywhere near populated areas would mess up things worldwide. It would even damage the enemies infrastructure and blind him on one eye...
edit on 6-7-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join