It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Dog ATTACKS perps face AFTER surrender as shown on Cop's body Cam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
When I first looked at this, my thought went to WTF??!! Then I quickly realized a guy was being attacked by a police dog, in his own home, sitting on his sofa, hands in the air. Yes, his hand's were clearly in the air and you can hear the Police Officer's speak something German and the dog then goes directly toward the perp, biting his face!

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
Police body camera was filming arrest in Utah when dog attacked suspect
Cops were called when Martin Lee Hoogveldt, 33, burned a Christmas tree in his backyard
After police entered his home he surrendered, but dog still attacked
Video shows the handler struggling to get it to let go of Hoogveldt's face

A Utah man is suing the local police force after one of its dogs attacked him during an arrest, after he had put his hands up and surrendered.

Martin Lee Hoogveldt, 33, had already given himself up after armed police entered his home in response to a disturbing-the-peace complaint in 2013, but the dog still jumped at him,clamping its jaws around his face.

The dog handler's body camera captured the horrific attack, and can be seen struggling to get the dog, a German shepherd called Pyro, to let go of Hoogveldt's face.

Source

Perhaps the news source is sketchy? The video is VERY compelling. (If someone can embed it, that would be great. I haven't learned that skill yet.)

What is going on in the world?

Perhaps THIS is part of the reason:

In a outrageous bid to capitalize on the Freddie Gray anti-police hysteria, race-baiter Al Sharpton is now pushing the idea of using “civil rights” laws to outlaw local police departments and create a “nationalized” police force.

And the idea reportedly is being taken seriously by the Obama cabal.

LINK: Al Sharpton for Nationalized Police Force

The desire to Federalize law enforcement is what seems to be the underlying root of all this brutality. United Police State of America anyone?

edit on 1430539118Friday31Fri, 01 May 2015 22:58:38 -0500pmFriday58101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Just watched that on the Alex Jones show,apparently the guy had to let the dog attack him as if he defended himself the Police were threatening to kill him according to Jones.

+7 more 
posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No warrant? - check
Illegal entry? - check
Loosing dog without threat? - check
Abusing prisoner after injury? - check
Insulting prisoner after injury? - check

All of the above for what was basically a nuisance call over a trash fire? - check

Complete abuse of authority and force.

Another average day for police state USA.
The color matters not who they choose to victimize.
Eta: Do not mistake the above statements for a blanket condemnation of all law enforcement.
You have good cops and bad cops and some worse than bad.
Unfortunately the bad ones have not only the tools but the ability to do truly grave harm as in this case.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
And the police dog gets to live.

Had this been your dog and it looked in a police officers direction it'd be pushing up daisies.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Or anyone's direction. The dog would be dead from sudden lead poisoning syndrome.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

The police made the guy let the dog attack him or the police would kill the guy?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We are all victims of government take over and over and over....

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Blame the handler and the trainer.
The dog only follows their commands.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Blame the handler and the trainer.
The dog only follows their commands.

I am.

However I think the double standard is there, in that you can't defend yourself against a police dog, unless you have a death-wish.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES

If someone can embed it, that would be great. I haven't learned that skill yet.)

Here you go. Same diff.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

WTF are they bringing in a dog for is my question?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Man that guy was hurt badly for not following all of the cops commands.....wow thats overkill for a guy who who burnt a tree in a barrel in his own backyard....
edit on 1-5-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Really?

Burning a tree in your own back yard should result in a call to the fire department and a fine, at most.

Not getting your face ripped apart by an animal and then having your bloody face smeared across your own floor at gunpoint.

I have to admit, I would be interested in hearing more about a nationalized police force at this point.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thanks, Snarl. Owe you one!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Wtf did I just watch...
That man was sitting there with his hands up so you send the dog?

I wouldn't listen to cops either after that with that attack dog ready to pounce again, I would want my hands to defend my self if it came at me again.

He then gets beat and tazed.
Holy jebus.

What does Al have to do with this?
edit on stFri, 01 May 2015 23:23:27 -0500America/Chicago520152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I want to hear nothing Al Sharton has to say.

A Nationalized Police Force is the height of government take over. They have taken , and taken.....we have little left in the rights we hold as citizens of this country.

Nationalizing the LEOs would likely cause national civil unrest.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Seems to be two threads in one?

Anyway, why am I not surprised that Sharpton suddenly has the idea that an Obama established federal police force is a good idea, and that Obama is listening to it "seriously?" Provided the source is accurate.

Have to wonder if Sharpton would bang that drum with a Republican in office....

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The command the handler gave the dog was "foss" which is the command to attack. My uncle was a K9 handler for the sheriffs department, and he explained the dog commands. So basically, the cop told the dog to attack the guy. Seated on his sofa.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So I am not crazy that there was another thread!?

I think it is an over step that he is taking it seriously when al just said it today.

And is our point that a repub would never be for a federal law enforcement agency?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Mr. Sharpton wants to take law enforcement officers and make them Federal law enforcement...so these fine, caring officers who made a dog chew on a man's face, would then answer to Al Sharpton, errr, I mean Mr. Obama.

You want MORE of this kind of police brutality?

All Sharpton makes sure he is involved in everything black EXCEPT black on black violence and black on white violence. He looses his voice when those crimes are committed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join