It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - due out in July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For followers of the Harry Potter series of books, the long wait is almost over !

Author JK Rowling has said that the next Harry Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be published on 16 July next year.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It looks as if one poor bugger cops it too ...

She has already indicated that the sixth book will see one of the characters killed but has given no hints as to who is doomed.

I, for one (and KayEm for two
) will definitely be getting this.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can't wait for the next book!!

I wonder if she means that either Hermione or Ron is going to die....I hope not....I was surprised but not in dismay over the last death....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think its one of the Weasly twins that will die. But we will have to wait til July.

I dont get why its finished now, but we have to wait for July for it to be out?? Cant take that long to print it up.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I, for one (and KayEm for two
) will definitely be getting this.

And me for three

I think it's more likely to be Snape who shuffles off the mortal coil actually. I think Voldemort will discover that Snape is working for Dumbledore and 'off' him.

But don't quote me. At least, not unless I'm right.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'll be on those crazies on the midnight line to get this, the wait has been too long.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravenna
[I think it's more likely to be Snape who shuffles off the mortal coil actually. I think Voldemort will discover that Snape is working for Dumbledore and 'off' him.

But don't quote me. At least, not unless I'm right.

Sorry for quoting you so soon. lol. I never thought about Snape - but it makes sense.

Some friends and I have a little dead pool for the next book - my pick was Percy Weasley - snotty little bugger deserves to get whacked.

B.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
oh no not another Hairy Porter book

Sorry but i cant stand magic.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by drunk]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
oh no not another Hairy Porter book

You have LaVey as your avatar and you can't stand magic ?

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I admire Levay for other reasons! but yeah good point:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was thinking Percy also -- But I hope it isn't Hagrad who was my other guess

jm

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The movies ruined the franchise

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ordered mine the day i found out lol

Just hours after the first pre-orders were taken, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is already topping charts.

Not bad!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Mine is on pre-order also

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

You'll like these then:

Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody
Barry Trotter

Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse

Barry Trotter

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I remember seeing this in some magazine....

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So, Harry Potter just got pre-ordered!

Long wait till july....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Heads up...

Author issues warning to fans. Internet 'phishing scam'

AUTHOR JK Rowling has warned Harry Potter fans to watch out for internet fraudsters claiming to sell electronic copies of her latest wizard saga - they are trying to steal bank and credit card details.
In the latest "phishing" scam, fans were asked to hand over their bank details to pay for a supposed copy of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which is to be published on July 16.

"Please, please protect yourselves, your computers and your credit cards and do not autumn for these scams," the writer said after her lawyers succeeded in closing down a fraudulent web site that offered the latest Potter book in electronic form.

Link

Sanc'.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
and do not autumn for these scams

Okay...is this actually a used phrase in the UK...or to I detect a sense of trying to be very witty? lol

I'll have to remember that one....Watch out! Don't autumn into the lake!

[edit on 2/2/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't know about 'phishing', but here is an old link regarding "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

Celebrity tricks

According to anti-virus firm Sophos, Netsky.P was the second most common virus in May, topped only by the infamous Sasser worm.

It now seems to be picking up steam again, with Sophos saying it had spotted thousands of copies of it in the last few days.

Netsky.P, which only affects Microsoft Windows PCs, relies on tricking a computer user into clicking on an infected file.

Virus writers have increasingly used the names of celebrities to try to make people open an e-mail and unleash its malicious payload.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'll be on those crazies on the midnight line to get this, the wait has been too long.

Yep, as will I. I go to a pretty small little Wal-Mart, which has a Super Center nearby, so most people are there instead, hehe...
Last time, I didn't wait too long, and met some interesting people while waiting... I'll be picking up one for my step-daughter too....the real fight will be who reads it first, me or the wife....hehe...

new topics

top topics

join