It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACON! Need I Say More? Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe 4 You - Plus, Share Your Recipes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Filled mushrooms with bacon wrapping, best out of barbeque.
Fill mushrooms with different cheeses.. blue cheese, pepper cream cheese, chevre .. even feta ( feta needs another cheese to go with.. or replace cheese with fried minced meat and onion slices )
Can´t go wrong.. delicious

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I usually make my own breads homemade and that always slices up a bit thicker.

I will definitely keep your advice in mind on purchasing bacon.. This time I purchased Wright brand bacon, and it was very good. I will also experiment with some of the store brands as well.. (although I am not sure if Wright brand is national or store.. but it was nice looking bacon anyway.. )

Thank you so much for your recipes and your advice!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

That looks really good! And we are definitely cheese lovers in this house!
Thank you!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the recipe, looks absolutely delicious! Love bacon and cheese!

Didn't even know the forum had a food section, must check it out! no need to use the rest of the Internet, all you need is here on ats!!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Try bacon wrapped bacon dipped in bacon fat stuffed with bacon and garnished with bacon salt then covered with a hot bacon gravy (sauce) over grilled crispy bacon slices and a prawn (shrimp).

Bally. Australia.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I dunno... do you think the prawn might be overdoing it a bit?

edit on 1-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aurvandil

Didn't even know the forum had a food section, must check it out! no need to use the rest of the Internet, all you need is here on ats!!

Yep, BTS is a fun part of ATS, with a food and cooking section, art section and even a pet section (and much much more!).. This is a really cool site, and there is a little bit of everything!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I just want to remind you that bacon is probably one of the LEAST healthy foods, if you're eating a normal diet that includes many carbohydrates. Bacon is high in saturated fat, cholesterol, nitrates and sodium. See link below.

But in the meantime, these are delicious!

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 pound bacon
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups chili sauce
• 2 8-oz cans water chestnuts
• Toothpicks

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a sauce pan, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili sauce, and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Cut bacon into thirds. Wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut and secure with a toothpick.
Arrange the wraps on parchment (for easier clean-up) in a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, drain grease from dish and remove parchment.
Dip wraps in chili sauce and return to dish.
Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes.

9 Unfortunate Truths about Bacon

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This'll gross you out....but we use that recipe and add chicken liver to it before baking it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Very nice recipe!

I do know that bacon is not the healthiest food out there! I recently cut down on carbs because I was gaining a bit of weight so I started counting carbs and cutting a lot of my carbs out..

well, this made me downright sick.. I was dizzy to the point of loosing my balance and falling, I felt weak and all out of sorts.. someone who was also cutting carbs, suggested that yes I cut carbs, but I wasn't replacing those carbs with enough fats to keep my energy levels up.. (which they could be quite right on that, I lost 10 pounds in the first week I did it - which is too too much)

So I am going back to cutting out a few carbs, but going to try replacing them somewhat with some fattier foods here and there and see how that works.. I had completely stopped because it was making me so sick..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sorry I missed this thread at first OB (I can be a bit thick) and out this in the avatar thread as well.

Cabbage and bacon

I'm half Irish remember, we love cabbage and bacon I kid you not.

Take the god given gift that is bacon I use a hell of a lot more than my granny did) and cut it into little cube type things (lardons)

Chop the hell out of an onion, and whack them both in a pan and fry them off for about 5 minutes.

Bash the crap out of some garlic and add that after then carry on chief for another couple of minutes.

Whilst heaven is waiting cut the cabbage so it's sorta shredded and when ready add it to the pan, stir that baby occasionally for about ten minutes. Add freshly milled pepper to taste and check to see if it needs salt.

Excellent thread S&F

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

As for missing the thread... no problem, just glad you showed up at any time! Thank you very much for your contribution! My husband is scotch and irish, like most people in this area, so there is no shortage of proper Irish meal ingredients at the stores in this area!

As a beside, I swear though, we need a blog with you sharing recipes and their directions! It would be a hit for sure with all your whacking and whatnot going on! Heck, I would read it just for fun!

Thanks again for the recipe!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I just write what I do OB

Be glad we aren't allowed to swear on ATS LOL. Got some great ideas fro recipes from this thread though, brilliant idea

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Sorry I missed this thread at first OB (I can be a bit thick) and out this in the avatar thread as well.

Cabbage and bacon

I'm half Irish remember, we love cabbage and bacon I kid you not.

Take the god given gift that is bacon I use a hell of a lot more than my granny did) and cut it into little cube type things (lardons)

Chop the hell out of an onion, and whack them both in a pan and fry them off for about 5 minutes.

Bash the crap out of some garlic and add that after then carry on chief for another couple of minutes.

Whilst heaven is waiting cut the cabbage so it's sorta shredded and when ready add it to the pan, stir that baby occasionally for about ten minutes. Add freshly milled pepper to taste and check to see if it needs salt.

Excellent thread S&F

Cody

Bubble and Squeak

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hi Beez

Yeah that's my dad's favourite breakfast, we just take all the left over vegetables from the Sunday roast, add cooked bacon and fry that baby up.

I can't stand the stuff

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

heck that sounds just so cute you almost HAVE to make it!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Ah, you beat me to the good ol' fashioned Irish bacon and cabbage recipe... I also add a bit of chicken stock to mine to soften up the cabbage and add a little extra zing of flavour to it.

My favourite way of eating it is on top of a mound of garlic mashed potatoes.

Bacon tip of the week:

Never toss out your bacon grease !

After cooking your bacon in a frying pan or whatever, drain the grease into a small mason jar, allow it to cool a bit, put on the lid and toss it into the fridge. Use it to replace butter or oil for the next time you're frying up something. I use most of my bacon grease when I'm frying up homemade hashbrowns... it adds amazing flavour to the fried spuds !

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am a garlic lover for certain! and I am doing this saving my bacon grease.. although I haven't yet had the opportunity to try it in my fried potatoes..

As a side note.. I love making white gravy and homemade biscuits and fried potatoes with onions thrown in for sweetness..

yummy! next time I make the fried potatoes I will be using the bacon grease!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It's a great way to save a few bucks too... less butter/oil usage.

But you just can't beat the flavour it adds to fried spuds.

The great thing about bacon is it's versatility. You can chop it up, fry it, and add it into anything and everything... no need to just eat it in strips.

I like chopping up bacon, onions, and garlic, frying it all in a pan, toss in a bunch of veggies (the veggies will sop up all the yummy bacon grease), and then toss in some cooked rice with whatever seasonings you like and voila ! One pan stir fry meal. Or instead of rice, just serve it on top of pasta.

Any and every dish you made before, now you can try adding some freshly fried up bacon pieces to add a little extra 'something something' to it !

edit on 1-5-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

this works with either pinto beans or black beans....but to make refried beans just like Abuelita does, start with a healthy dose of bacon grease. Dig deep into that container and get some of the chunky parts in there, too...the little brown bits. Use a potato masher, and once the grease is getting hot you put in your beans. Don't use canned...make your own and use the leftovers the next day.

Just keep mashing and mashing, mixing and stirring until you reduce the liquid down and you have the right consistency. Add salt to your liking...maybe some cheddar or colby cheese.

That is the only way to make refried beans. Any other way is how the gringos do it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join