It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BACON! Need I Say More? Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe 4 You - Plus, Share Your Recipes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Okay.. So I am new to bacon, and have a bacon loving husband, and I don't know how to cook bacon, or much what I am supposed to do with it! I DO NEED your help as a result.

Today was my first bacon purchase.. And I came across a recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatloaf that I want to try, but have not yet, which I will be sharing with you today.. and I would like any (other) bacon cooking tips and (many different) bacon recipes (for meals that include bacon.. not meatloaf) from you please!

1 pound 93% lean beef
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
½ cup 2% milk
6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound bacon, uncooked

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl combine beef, bread crumbs and milk. Pouring milk directly over bread crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire and steak seasoning. Set aside.

In a small bowl, crack egg and beat it slightly. This helps prevent overworking the meat while combining, resulting in a tougher meatloaf. Add egg to large bowl with meat mixture. Combine well with hands, do not overwork the meat mixture.

Gentle press meatloaf into bowl and divide in half. Place first half into 7x10” baking dish and form into a flat meatloaf Gently press the center in to create a rim around the outside of the meatloaf. Add shredded cheese i nto the center of the meatloaf.

Form remaining half of meatloaf in the bowl into a size similar to the meatloaf in the pan. Set op top and press the sides together to seal in the cheese. Form into a loaf shape about 1½ - 2” tall.

You may notice cracks in the loaf. Run your hands under warm water and then across the meatloaf to smooth the cracks out. Set meatloaf aside.

In a small bowl combine 4 tablespoons ketchup and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Mix well with a fork. Apply glaze evenly all over your meatloaf (except the bottom).

Arrange bacon slices over the top of the meatloaf. Start by wrapping a piece of bacon across the front side and a second piece of bacon across the back side. Arrange remaining bacon over the top. Tuck the ends of the bacon under the meatloaf (this prevents curling).

Place meatloaf in the oven and bake until bacon is crispy, about 1 hour.

Remove from oven. Allow to rest uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

Link

edit on 30-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: no one understood that I would like to get more bacon recipes for a variety of meals and tips on cooking bacon - for the bacon challenged!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We used to get meatloaf at school and I was the only one who seemed to love it. Wasn't weapped in bacon though

You Americans really need to sort your cheese out - what is that stuff?
edit on 30-4-2015 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You can make it an italiano by replacing the mild cheddar with mozzarella or a mozzarella/provolone mixture. Then just replace the ketchup with a little spaghetti sauce of your choice. Also, add diced onion and green or poblano pepper.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: f4andHALFtoads

My husband just loves my meatloaf, its almost our Sunday dinner nearly every week.. although I do skip weeks! I have never wrapped it in bacon before.. and this recipe does sound good!

What do you mean sort out our cheese? I do not understand your meaning... if you could elaborate?
edit on 30-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Do you have any bacon cooking tips or recipes of your own? Not just meatloaf recipes.. I have never made bacon before and was hoping for cooking advice and recipes!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As you know, there's a million meatloaf recipes. This one is in the top 3-4, imo. Alton Brown is a culinary wizard.

Jenny Jones' is also great:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you...

Do you have any bacon recipes? It is bacon I have never cooked before... do you have any recipes to include bacon?

(ie: not meatloaf.. just bacon.. bacon sandwiches, bacon whatever you are supposed to do with bacon in a meal of some kind?)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The best bacon recipe I have is bacon-wrapped hot dogs.

You must get the good, quality all beef franks.

Wrap them in bacon. Oven cook them (@350F) until bacon is crispy.

Cut into medium-sized pieces. Soak in a crock pot filled with BBQ sauce.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

okay cool! I will try that..

Its sounds like something hubby would like!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If you slice the hotdogs lengthwise, but not all the way through, and stuff them with cheese before you bake them, it's like heaven... All you need is a plate and fork. Use a bun if you want...

edit on 4/30/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   

I think you did great with that recipe, lucky husband

The only way to top that is if you serve it with a cold beer

I see you asked for bacon recipes, I got this one, not sure if you like to explore unconventional cuisine. I created this one some time ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: beezzer

If you slice the hotdogs lengthwise, but not all the way through, and stuff them with cheese before you bake them, it's like heaven... All you need is a plate and fork.

Oh dang, even better!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was recently introduced to fried saltines, in bacon grease! I tried it the other night and it was pretty good. I save my grease to get hash browns in, or add in other recipes. Have seen, but not tried, fried bacon, with pancake batter poured over it to make bacon filled pancakes!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That looks like an american 'breakfast sushi' !!!!

mmmmmmmmm bacon *gargle*

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have one son at least, the others probably in tow, that would go to the ends of the earth for such a thing. Will be trying this.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Jalapeno Poppers

This makes one serving of two peppers, but you’ll probably want to increase the recipe,
or risk the family following you around, begging.

Ingredients:
2 fresh jalapeno peppers
1 ½ ounces cream cheese
2 slices bacon

Instructions:
1. Slit your peppers, remove the stems, and scrape out the seeds.
2. Divide the cream cheese into two chunks, and stuff each pepper with one.
3. Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon, covering as completely as you can.
Secure with toothpicks.
4. Wash your hands super-well with soap and water to get the hot pepper off!
5. Now broil or grill till the bacon is cooked. Devour!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I make almond butter (or peanut butter), apple and bacon sandwiches.
OR bananas instead of apples. Use just a small amount of the fruit. Don't overdo it.

This bacon sandwhich recipe is also great!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So im a big fan of bacon with brussel sprouts. Slice about a pound of Brussel Sprouts in half sautee until they are still slightly firm but softening up maybe 5-6 mins over medium high. Chop about 4 strips of bacon up into pieces and add to Brussels. Once fat is rendered add a little salt and pepper to taste and add about a tsp of honey. Cook another minute and voila!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: f4andHALFtoads
We used to get meatloaf at school and I was the only one who seemed to love it. Wasn't weapped in bacon though

You Americans really need to sort your cheese out - what is that stuff?

Im not going to argue with you about the cheese thing. What her recipe calls for is a mild cheddar. Cheddar is a decent cheese for what you use it for: melting on stuff.

The image looks more like velveeta, which isn't even really food (although someone will surely try to give you all manner of sciency sounding stuff to make it sound like its food). Its just a cruel joke that amounts to the government peeing on you and telling you its raining during times of food rations. Now, I guess they sell it by tricking people into thinking its cheese.

But the mild cheddar she has in the recipe would be pretty good. I like mine Longhorn style.

OB: my brussels sprouts recipe:

- trim the ends and split the sprouts. I have no idea how many....how many are you going to eat? I guess i usually do about 30-40 sprouts. But don't be afraid of some of the leaves falling off...throw them on the pan too.
- slice down 1 strip of bacon for about every 10 sprouts, throw it on the pan, too
- toss the whole thing with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- roast in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes (or until the leaves that fell off are crispy, and the sprouts are done)
- drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the sprouts. Not too much...just a little bit on all of them to get a bit of the acid/flavor
- toss with a handful of feta crumbles (while still hot), and serve
edit on 4/30/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh wow! That looks great!

Also will definitely be trying your jalapeno poppers! Sounds like heaven!

To everyone else who posted so far:

I went away for a minute, and came back and so many people had posted! Stars for everyone who posted their recipes, thoughts and ideas! I Thank ALL of you so much, and I will be trying the sandwiches and the pancakes too! Sounds wonderful!

(sorry for making this only one post! Was just easier.. lol.. call me lazy!)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join