It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Dream] Nuclear Winter, Entheogen's and Time-Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

I have heard reference to entheogens (which have been used ritually for thousands of years) as being a type of spiritual time travel by a few people. I think Timothy Leary and others like William Burroughs talked about that. The former was a well-established psychedelic master, the latter tried to get into it a little and helped by mentioning it, but was not necessarily enlightened.

Nevertheless, he did have this to say about an experience he had with an entheogen:

Yage is space time travel. The room seems to shake and vibrate with motion. . . . a place where the unknown past and the emergent future meet in a vibrating soundless hum. Larval entities waiting for a live one

The overall premise reminded me of a book I happened across last summer called 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin. It was not a shamanic take on a world-ending disaster related to crazy weapons, but more of a dark thriller type. My online friend, Jonathan Zap, also wrote a book called 'Parallel Journeys' which is entirely based on time travel, mind parasites, mutants and the Apocalypse. I believe he is in editing process with that right now.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I did expect to encounter Tim Leary on this thread, I am not very familiar with his works but I am aware of him. I probably should have read some of his works when they were first recommended to me many moons ago.

This Parallel Journys sounds interesting, post on the thread when it becomes available, I'd appreciate it.
edit on 6-5-2015 by ItVibrates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
I started reading Dune when I was about 10 or 11 but didnt "get it" and put the book down never to finish it. The Gom Jabbar (spelling??) didnt sit right with 10-11 year old me...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well I suppose if the future is a story you tell yourself, then technically you can write a better ending for it. But if entheogens worked on changing the future then a whole planet would have been changed by now, because we got a pretty high and out populations out there doing that already. Since it has not happened yet, then that means it does and did not work.

But for the most part the outlook on your future is depended on your mental outlook in regards to your environment and surroundings. Any change in those 3 would result in a change in them all. Not science, merely obvious. And it would be much easier said then done and much harder then writing a book on the subject.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
Well the idea was to go backward in time, but you do raise a valid point that if entheogens could induce time-travel, then we would be seeing evidence of that. Which was kind of the point to this thread: to find if there is any evidence that supports the premise.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
Well the idea was to go backward in time, but you do raise a valid point that if entheogens could induce time-travel, then we would be seeing evidence of that. Which was kind of the point to this thread: to find if there is any evidence that supports the premise.

Actually I see no reason for anyone to assume they would notice time travel. If I am right about how time works it would only change in the perspective of the person changing spots in time, everyone else would have time traveled to where the time traveler travels before he ever got there.. Life would have always been this way.. Some times people can remember time distortions.. Something about how memory works.. It changes with reality.. Time is no separate thing as space.. Sometimes I can tell people thinking time and space are separate ideas that think time travle would take place within the same space, at an older time.. So that someone appears in a machine and knocks out hitler.. It's more like you are just in a new spot with a new history that has now always been your history. There is a reason so many famous people talk about dreaming..

You see in the matrix no one (everyday people within the matrix) could notice when the matrix changed (time travel).. Only those who were actors in the game. Those who were also changing reality could notice the shift and it's only noticed through things like dejavu, or memory distortions. Temporal illusions as it were.. You seee it's time/space, not time... It's all one fabric. It all changes together. In LOST when time starts moving around because certain humans have their name written in the book of life they are not allowed to die... So time starts splitting out into multiple lines after nukes come into earth. Only a few people in LOST can notice time travel. One was Michael Faraday. He studied quantum mechanics.. He found out the Island (Earth/Matrix) was in a sort of electromagnetic anomaly.. That we were sort of like quarantined.. There is only one angle you can go at to get out of the matrix..

The present moment is the moment that connects with all moments. I know my past was changed. Things can only change based sort of on what is actually probable to happen. So I didn't just switch time lines into being a King.. I am still me. You can only lean over too much, until your imagination of what can be, can be, and you still have to act it all out as well.. Another way of saying that is Time or possibilities are limited by Karma/Dharma.

You see I tried to end the game early. I did learn a few things. I tested the guy who some people call god. Well you see at first I thought it's who it was, until I made the connection this guy was named baal..

Those god dudes...
Always trying to steal my thunder.
That is where they get the power after all.

Now because time lines shift.. Certain people can be found and stopped. If say I notice a particular movie title change or maybe someone remembers something from a particularly dangerous line.. This would be picked up when I talk about it online.

As purely a numbers game there are too many people out there who are starting to talk about these things.. I wouldn't want to have to force the entire world down particular paths that may or may not succeed in the Black Sun.. God that would make me tired..

I think your DNA may even be your address in the unified field. It's the anchor. The Pine Cone IS the Time Machine. Time travel has always been here. You know all it takes to travel as fast as light? Just weigh nothing.. Be enlightened.. ZZiiiiIIINNNGGG! haha. You have a heavy heart? I mean if your heart even weighs as much as a feather..

You know this link as a basis for the idea of entheogens as a tool..
The Doors of Perception

Huxley who also wrote "the Perrenial philosophy." and "A Brave New World."

He was catching on to the exact purpose of how one could use brain chemistry... The Doors to perception.. Our brain or something acting as a reducing valve.. So we focus in small areas of what is life, mostly focusing on one time and one space.. So in that book, he uses chemicals to turn off the reducing valve switch..

Linked above, speaking about "doors to perception."

The title was taken from William Blake's poem The Marriage of Heaven and Hell:

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I make long posts and just in case people skip over parts or get lost in the noise..

When Time travel happens and the past or future are both changed, it changes everything down the line.. So my name has always been KnightLight.. There was never a movie called Jupiter Rising.. I always was deaf in my left ear.. Everyone remembers and knows these things as always being the case..

You can almost be sure the way this works.. It would likely NEVER have a chance to be noticed without the internet.
It's funny even seeing my own posts be different.. But I also have the new memory of the new line because it actually changed my past, so now I remember writing the edited posts, but still there I can hold the old memory where I typed the other post..

I am not sure why I can notice both lines.. Sometimes one is a little bit behind the other.. This is when you can tell the future.. Of course future predictions are based on the original time line, so unless they are very similar lines, the new one being slightly slower.. You get dejavu, and can tell others, what happens next in time, but you could be wrong because you are remembering the other line.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

but this happened in a dream so it might be ok), but the idea that entheogens can facilitate time travel had to originate somewhere; so where?.

I dont recall reading about this phenomenon, but no ideas are original, so I figured ...

the time line in your 'normal reality' gets distorted with imbibing in those NO-NO items...

the cognitive Matrix is rendered useless without a time sequence that is consistant with your living awareness of self

so in a few-steps removed... your dreamt nuclear winter and relocation-in-time... is a logical progression and not a revelation of a occult, secret philosopher's stone of time travel

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It would be quite noticeable but only to the observer outside of it looking in, once they step in though. That's a whole different story.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight
Not necessarily. You give people to much credit. For instance they could have been friends and known you for years and yet never know that you visit this site or that your deaf in your left ear, and they may have never watched Jupiter Rising. Really what would be the difference then but to you and you alone, and even in that you will not be able to do anything about it if your caught up in it all.

I mean if you go to the future? Well how are you going to live, what if you go so far that the currency in your pocket is useless, or what if you step out of your time-machine some 1000 years from now and catch a new cold virus which has had 1000 years to adapt and change but your immune system has not? You would literally be killed by the common cold even though you can travel through time. Now how is that for irony?

There are literally infinite little things like that which would even if you could time travel physically make time travel not very desirable at all. Or how about going to the past. Now tell me how you would fare if you stepped out into any past age? Not very good right, unless you bring something which can make you food from scratch even eating some of the food of ages past will make you sick and nauseous and take you a while till your body gets used to it, especially if your have been consuming a steady diet of processed foods. Or you can step out of your time machine into the wild west and get shot for looking and dressing funny, or by a rattlesnake.

Really the possibilities are endless, and they are also endless that whichever time and age you step into will find a way to displace you as you do not belong there. But what is time but a mental construct anyways.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

We are not talking about the same thing.
If I were to guess a way to say this simply.
I am not talking about vertical time travel.
I am talking about shifting Fate.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm going to leave this link here, I think I'll need it at a later date. I'm nowhere at the stage to be searching receptors yet--if I even get to that point. Its a database that links drugs to the receptors they activate... I think? I only just found it.
pdsp.med.unc.edu...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join