It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK
Makes me laugh seeing a Christian owning a gun, I mean I can really see Jesus walking down the street withan AK47 if he ever comes back.

How are you able to tell a Christian from any other religion when you see them?

And seriously.....your point of view is that we in the US carry AK's around with us? Now that would just be incredibly heavy and awkward to get in and out of my car with.

It is exactly this point of view that baffles me.......

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe
Books don't kill people.

Being prepared is a weak excuse when in reality you will never need to use it.

It's like saying I should be allowed to have an RPG, you know just in case.

Except that I have had to use it.

But hey...let's all take the advice of someone that has no guns, and never had to use one......

Oh....and guns don't kill people either....do me a favor and set on on the coffee table and see how long it takes jump off the table and kill....kinda like a book...it requires HUMAN interaction....
edit on 4/21/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Oh....and guns don't kill people either....do me a favor and set on on the coffee table and see how long it takes jump off the table and kill....kinda like a book...it requires HUMAN interaction....

But they do facilitate the action.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

And there is the problem. "You feel like a mother"...nothing but narcissism and a superiority complex dripping from your words here.

And you chime in about ignoring your response, yet continue to banter on.

You truly have no clue as to what the Founding Father's stance was in society being armed and personally responsible for themselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Who said guns running rampant in the streets are the solution? Who is "they"?
please provide your source for this very bold statement.

If someone did indeed say this, they neither know about firearms nor do they have any right to speak for those who do. I do not have a firearm nor am I interested in owning one. But, I respect others rights to find safety in having one. This is an ugly world getting uglier. People should feel safe in their own homes and communities.

Would I take up a firearm in defense of imminent threat to my life...you bet!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And you are right...your "opinions" are rejected because they are based on falsehoods, lies and feel-good notions.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: butcherguy

Ahh you must be one of the 10% lol

Did you read the thread?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But they do facilitate the action.

As does any object that could be used to kill. Bat, car, knife, hammer, etc....

What people seem to have the disconnect with is that it is PEOPLE that kill.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Last time i checked you couldnt shoot a school full of children with a bat.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The one you mistitled in an attempt to sway judgement? Yes i did.

Did you watch the video?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The one you mistitled in an attempt to sway judgement? Yes i did.

Did you watch the video?

Long ago, and it is to be found in not only one thread.
So I knew exactly what you are talking about when you mentioned the 10%, it was a clever thing for the pseudo comedian to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I agree to a point. The reason laws do little to prevent crimes, is because the person committing these crimes aren't punished in the first place.

If armed robbery gets you a 20 year sentence, you should serve 20 years. ALL of them. Period. I'm sure folks wont continue to commit repeat felonies if they are subject to the harsh penalties that the crime carries in the first place. Not enforcing existing laws to their MAXIMUM extent is why people think they'll get away being repeat offenders. They aren't held accountable for their actions. My Dad always said that you don't appreciate something until you buy it yourself. Same thing with criminals, they wont respect any laws if they're not held accountable for breaking laws in the first place.

My friend Shamrock on this site is a LEO, he's told multiple stories of arresting people, multiple times, for committing serious crimes that have very harsh penalties, only to get probation or a short jail stints and are out doing misdeeds in no time at all. It pains me that he has to deal with folks who should be in prison, serving time for their crimes, yet here he is having to arrest said criminal again, knowing nothing will be done.

Again, until our laws are enforced to their MAXIMUM extent, nothing will change. I really wish the anti firearm folks would hop on the enforcement of existing laws bandwagon. Our voices would be much louder if we joined together in this debate and things might just change for the better. Both sides have their faults, I'll say that, but if we want meaningful change, we need to join together and DEMAND people are held accountable for their crimes!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

:

OMG thats awesome lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Last time I checked my gun is still on my side and hasn't jumped out to kill anyone on it's own either....whats your point?

Mine is that it requires HUMAN interaction to kill.....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Do you have a link to school full of children that were shot with a gun?
Don't bother with Columbine of Sandy Hook. They weren't full and there very small numbers compared with the numbers that were not shot.
edit on bu302015-04-21T10:07:28-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 21 Apr 2015 10:07:28 -050010u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Don't bother with Columbine of Sandy Hook. They weren't full and there very small numbers compared with the numbers that were not shot.

Ahh well then i guess that makes it all ok then lol

edit on 21-4-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Ahh well then i guess that makes it all ok then lol

Did I say that and then give a chuckle about it???
Hmmm??

No, I was just pointing out your use of hyperbole.... Schools full of children... yeah, that happens, right???
edit on bu302015-04-21T10:11:04-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 21 Apr 2015 10:11:04 -050010u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Makes me laugh seeing a Christian owning a gun, I mean I can really see Jesus walking down the street withan AK47 if he ever comes back.

How are you able to tell a Christian from any other religion when you see them?

And seriously.....your point of view is that we in the US carry AK's around with us? Now that would just be incredibly heavy and awkward to get in and out of my car with.

It is exactly this point of view that baffles me.......

I haven't even a clue what an ak47 looks like, the only other gun I know by name is an uzi.

there are plenty of people in the us who proudly state they are Christian whilst defending the right to bear arms.

Christ would be anti gun, seems faith wains depending on the issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I was laughing at the ridiculousness of your logic.

What in your view is the acceptable number of children that can get shot in a school then?

edit on 21-4-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join