It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stella Artois "Buy A Lady A Drink" Campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The women don't fetch all that water for themselves but for their families. It's just a slogan trying to be cute; don't worry, men will still get their water without lifting a finger.

These programs focus on helping women because experience has shown that women will spend any additional time or money on their family, while men will spend additional time or money on themselves.

A Japanese friend told me the bathing system in Japan: The woman draws a bath, then the man bathes, then the children in order of sex and age bathe in the same water, then the woman finally gets to bathe in her family's dirty bath water, and she also gets to clean it out.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To all of you wonderful people calling my rant "stupid" I will just say that in my opinion this could have been marketed in more positive way. I am all for helping my fellow human beings, but I get turned off when people use divisive marketing like helping "negroes" go to college or making the third world problem of lack of fresh water a women's issue. I will donate to help humans, people and those in need, but spare me the divisive terminology.

We can agree to disagree or you can just disagree. Frankly, I don't give a crap anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes a beer company using a pun is so divisive...

Thought we were not suppose to get so easily offended by words and just suck it up.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No that's only when we're offended, not the other way around.
edit on 23/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes a beer company using a pun is so divisive...

Thought we were not suppose to get so easily offended by words and just suck it up.

Why not just market it as fresh water for the people of Africa? Would that really be so terrible?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It is marketed as that though.
Look at anything past the campaign name and you can see it is for all people.

People buy ladies drinks in a bar, it is a beer company doing this, woman in those countries usually go get the water...

What is so terrible about the name.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Can't see the page, it's blocked off by a pop up.

I'm more offended by the buy a lady a drink , as if we ladies need our drinks bought!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join