It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Arkansas bill would let bosses force employees to friend them on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is one of those states where your employer can already fire you for any reason, at any time. Bet most of ya'll don't even know that.

Ask a local before assuming everyone has been "paid off".

More crime, poverty and under the table meth deals than you can imagine have been plaguing this state for longer than you have any clue about. The good people here are pretty fed up and sick and tired of it and they're fighting back. Taking a stand on certain issues.

We aren't all idiots and know our ground a bit better than you might.

Plus, you know....only true idiots use Facebook and post that kid of stupidity.

edit on 4/20/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We can only imagine what somebody might say on social media about an employer right after they get fired !!

Double edged swords are dangerous when both sides are sharp.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'd sign up on one of the less known social media sites and send a private message to all my real friends on facebook letting them know what was happening and why I would soon be canceling my facebook account encouraging them to come onto the other site if they wanted to continue to keep in touch with me in this manner. Then I would post a message on my facebook telling all that I would soon be canceling my account and telling them why. Then I would "friend" my boss. Then I would cancel my account and start using the site I would recommended to my friends.
And believe me when I say that I would not be kind to the law that made if possible for an employer to make me do this when I explained my reasons for dropping facebook!
Of course I don't do much at all with facebook anyways and most of my "friends" are more like friends I had in HS along with some I have no idea who they are. I have other ways to communicate with my friends so it wouldn't bother me if no one followed me to the new site anyways.
What can I say the more the country looks like it's becoming a police state the more I want to drop out of the facebook community anyways.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Where I work, a girl was home sick. She posted on Facebook during the day and got in trouble when she came back. Their rationale was if she was that sick to miss work, she shouldn't be on Facebook.

She told them to stick the job and quit.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because corporations own congress and business has their ear, their vote and possibly their souls.

I think it may be unconstitutional, but I'm not a scholar on that. Anyone else?

...Considering the NSA has carte blanche to look at anyone's online activity they wish to AND there was a disheartneing lack of outrage, pitchforks, and torches when that fact was publicised a couple of years back, I don't think Constitutionality means Jack-itshay to anyone in DC, the courts, or in corporate America anymore. Companies are simply taking their cues from the feds these days.

Orwell was certainly onto something.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmm. Sounds like something that would happen in Russia. This is beyond ridiculous. Private is private. One must adhere to the rules of the workplace while in the workplace. Some may also have contractual agreements on their conduct away from the workplace. That's what got Charlie Sheen fired. However there is nothing that says that one should open their digital media persona to an employer. Don't these people have unions?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This should be flat out illegal unless you work in militarily/Intelligence related jobes.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
This should be flat out illegal unless you work in militarily/Intelligence related jobes.

Ohhh, any government job. Imagine how that would work out. Barrack Obama mandated by law to accept the friend requests and allow review of private accounts by any of his 320 million employers.

ETA: Imagine the glorious chaos that this could lead to. If there was any pressing matter going on in the country, such as the morning of the State of the Union Address. Suddenly, "It says I'm most like Ralph Wiggum. Take the "Which Simpsons Character Are You" Quiz" pops onto Obama's feed. He immediately gets 47 million Likes, 200 million dislikes, and 70 million "Don't you have something you should be working on, like the SOTU Adress?" replies.

Chaos and egg faces! Beautiful, glorious chaos and egg covered faces!

edit on 21-4-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on Tue May 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join