It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball throwing machines for dogs.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hi all

Thought i'd put this here as there are so many dog owners here......my girlfriend has two little dogs, a Jack Russel and a Jack Russell/Chiwawa cross (hyper as hell when there is a ball around)....

Anyway my girlfriend lives on her own, but is not always well, certainly not well enough to constantly throw a ball up and down the garden or lounge all day. Maybe for a little why but the dogs just want more and more lol.

So we were looking into ball throwing machines, either shop bought or DIY versions. Something that the dog could drop the ball into once he's brought it back.

Does anyone here have any recommendatons? Something that uses a regular tennis ball would be ideal, some machines i've noticed have thire own balls, and i bet replacing them would be harder than with a tennis ball.

Thanks for any suggestions.

CX.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

A friend of mine had one of these for his dog. He and his dog both loved it!

Tennis Ball Launcher

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like they have a number of products out there...

iFetch

You could also just rework some sort of spring loaded contraption (I was thinking a clay thrower for shotguns but that might be a bit hard to do repeatedly for her...would be easier to throw it)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sigh~ My dog takes it and makes me run after him playing chasies

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Forget a ball, try an RC Car.
My parents dog will chase my RC Car all over the place for over an hour it wears her out and is much funner then a ball. It wears her out then she will sleep the rest of the day great way for a dog to get exercise.
edit on 16-4-2015 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is why I like cats.

I don't have to buy a machine to make it feel like I'm not a terrible pet owner.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

These will never replace a loving owner saying "good doggy" while scratching Fido behind the ears. Dogs want human interaction.
Tell your gf to invite some children into the yard to play with the dogs. So many who want a pet but can't have one. They'd love the opportunity.
edit on 4172015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Sigh~ My dog takes it and makes me run after him playing chasies
lo

Lol. My son's dog did that. Throw her toy and then chase her around the house to get it back.
She would even lure you in by dropping it near you but close enough to her that she can grab it back if you make a move to get it. Then she'd run away with it again. Fun...for her anyway.
edit on 4172015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

No we just have to deal with " ummm there's a cat hair in my water dish...I'm not drinking that." or "I know you don't want me walking across the dining room table...I don't care"

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
if i threw a ball both my dogs would look at me like I lost my mind- I get that look from them "you threw it, why throw it if you want it so bad you go get it"

new topics

top topics

join