It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Symbol of the Eagle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There have been many threads reflecting the symbology of the eagle throughout history and its place in the cryptic and conspiracies. However, I have never seen a discussion taking the eagle to the common position it is presented in most imagery and idolatry.

I will open with this hypothesis…

The eagle in its representation with the breasts to the front and head positioned facing to the eagle’s right is a symbol to the “god” ENLIL. Further, the representation to the same with dual heads facing right and left represent the brothers ENLIL and ENKI. Finally, representations of just the left facing head are considered in conflict to the belief ENLIL is the superior and that the conflict between the brothers and the creation of ADAM still exist.

Throughout history we see the representation of the eagle as I have described. I am not saying you cannot find the contrary but when it comes to dealing with governmental agencies around the world to include national, international governments and militaries this is how you see the eagle represented.

The Scottish Rite and various European entities recognize the dual heads. The US military is reflected by the right facing head the US seal and various other agencies.

While this may very well be much ado about nothing and could be placed in any number of forums, it may very well be something.

To understand the story of ENLI, ENKI and, their conflict I have included the following links

ENLIL
oracc.museum.upenn.edu...
ENKI
oracc.museum.upenn.edu...
Conflict
www.halexandria.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

After following your first link I read this...

...a translation of Enlil's name as "Lord ghost" makes little sense in the context of his mythological attestations. The interpretation of líl as "wind" is apparently a secondary development of the first millennium BCE (Tinney 1996: 129), which has led to an interpretation of Enlil's name as "Lord Wind" or "Lord Air" (e.g., Jacobsen 1989). This interpretation has led some scholars to reconstruct a vertically ordered cosmology that consisted of the gods An (heavens), Enlil (atmosphere), and Enki (earth), but this remains very problematic. Other scholars make reference to Enlil as the "Lord of the Air"...

This bring to mind a passage in the New Testament where Paul said
Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2

Maybe this is a reference to the older myth, namely that Enlil is Lord of Air.
Also sounds like "Holy Ghost" - interesting, no?

edit on 14-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

BOOM!!! Nice work. So, are we seeing the circumstantial evidence to those PTB and their rule on earth. More over as we have gone through time is this how they are identified to the masses. Isn't ENKI the one advocating for humanity and this is being stymied by those very PTB?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The united states great seal eagle holds an olive branch in one talon and arrows in the other.

The head points toward the olive branch signifying a preference for peace yet readiness for war.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Can that be inferred for all the other uses? Corporate, military, international.....? I understand heraldry and its application. I also understand all symbols have multiple meanings and uses. However, there is always a unilateral meaning or derivation.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes it's basically another way of saying (good and evil). Ra was not good and evil he is just light. But his Son Horus is part man from just my own version of things.. He has both sides.

The Sun and the moon. This is left and right facing eagles. This is Right and Left Eye. The Eagle facing to the right is the all seeing eye. The Eagle is Spirit.. 33 in your picture is being LIGHT. Enlightened. 33 vertabrae in the Spine.. Jesus, 33.. Horus is Jesus.. The Rising Sun.

Horus was an ancient a sky god whose eyes were said to be the sun and the moon. However, he soon became strongly associated with the sun (and the sun god Ra as Ra-Horakhty ("Ra, who is Horus of the two horizons") while Thoth was associated with the moon. An ancient myth describes a battle between Horus and Set in which Horus´ right eye was torn out and Set lost his testicles! Thoth magically restored Horus´ eye, at which point it was given the name "Wadjet" ("whole" or "healthy"). In this myth it is specifically stated that it is Horus´ left eye which has been torn out, so the myth relates to the waxing and waning of the moon during which the moon appears to have been torn out of the sky before being restored once every lunar month.

Linky

The representations can get a little muddy, but it's basically about Spirit.
Right is Light, Left is Dark.. Right is seeing all. Left is taking it all in.
Darkness and Light together. This is our world.

edit on 14-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There are many variants for different departments and agencies.

Some maintain the eagle with specialized symbolism such as the DOD and NSA.

edit on 14-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

First Committee

The first committee consisted of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams. While they were three of the five primary authors of the Declaration of Independence, they had little experience in heraldry and sought the help of Pierre Eugene du Simitiere, an artist living in Philadelphia who would later also design the state seals of Delaware and New Jersey and start a museum of the Revolutionary War. Each of these men proposed a design for the seal.

Franklin chose an allegorical scene from Exodus, described in his notes as "Moses standing on the Shore, and extending his Hand over the Sea, thereby causing the same to overwhelm Pharaoh who is sitting in an open Chariot, a Crown on his Head and a Sword in his Hand. Rays from a Pillar of Fire in the Clouds reaching to Moses, to express that he acts by Command of the Deity." Motto, "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Jefferson suggested a depiction of the Children of Israel in the wilderness, led by a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night for the front of the seal; and Hengest and Horsa, the two brothers who were the legendary leaders of the first Anglo-Saxon settlers in Britain, for the reverse side of the seal. Adams chose a painting known as the "Judgment of Hercules" where the young Hercules must choose to travel either on the flowery path of self-indulgence or the rugged, more difficult, uphill path of duty to others and honor to himself.

Interpretation of the first committee's seal proposal, made by Benson Lossing in 1856.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

What if however, it is actually suppose to be the other way though; left is light and right is dark? Whereby we are being led to believe contrary to the truth a la conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Final Design

Thomson's report to Congress, which was accepted and is still the law today. On June 13, 1782, the Congress turned to its Secretary Charles Thomson, and provided all material submitted by the first three committees. Thomson was 53 years old, and had been a Latin master at a Philadelphia academy. Thomson took elements from all three previous committees, coming up with a new design which provided the basis for the final seal.

On September 15, 1789, the United States Congress ordered "that the seal heretofore used by the United States in Congress assembled, shall be, and hereby is declared to be, the seal of the United States."

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54

What if however, it is actually suppose to be the other way though; left is light and right is dark? Whereby we are being led to believe contrary to the truth a la conspiracy?

It really doesn't matter, what they say is right or left..

You are what matters. Don't follow them..

Do you Follow?

I get it though. I have been confused for years about which dude.. "God or the Devil." Which of these dudes should I fight for.

It has no bearing anymore. I know enough now. I'm a being of both Dark and Light. If you want freedom from Karma, go with the devil dude in the bible. The one who saves humans from God.. I forget but that's enlil right?

If you want to Learn and grow through pain.. Well go the other way.

Their names don't matter.. The Kingdom is within.

YOU are the Eagle.

If you want to escape Earth. I would follow those who make conspiracies happen. Maybe that's all you need to know. Maybe I have grown to understand the point of this matrix. And yet maybe they know better than me, but I have chosen where I will be. They are not evil.. They are trying to create a Grand humanity master of his own universe place.

You should also know they say the original God.. The one in the first part of the bible.. He is dead.. Occultists say "God is dead."
But his Son Horus, he's the new testament one. He is the Jesus character. Know that this is my side. The other guy the Devil, or Set, or Thoth.. HArd to tell, but in any case.. He want's you to be Free. Ultimate free will. No Rain.

It's a little hard to know, if the Bible was edited to have everything in reverse or not, so don't hinge on the names.. Just the path you want to take. Ultimate freedom from Earth, and Karma.. A New Wheel of Dharma. Or stay with the Dreamweaver.

The Story is basically thus.. We are created by Gods.. Then the Gods go is this moral? They are imperfect beings with free will.. We have set them up to fail.. One guy (the most high Lord) decides let's kill them all. The Other guy is like whoa let's not do that.. But after this, the guy who says lets not do that it turns out he is forming a rebellion.. To take over most High Lord. First guy then goes, hmm well if humanity lives, I better make a plan to give them growth through free will.. The other guy would have you in your own universe not yet perfected.. Not yet intelligent enough to not be tricked into his bidding...

So you can see there isn't really a good side. And I choose to side with the guy who almost killed us all, and seems to kill most of us time and again.. IT would be even more perfect if they are both playing this game on purpose. Hehehehe...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sorry but the eagle replaced the serpent in the zodiac, and they were ultimately replaced by Scorpio the scorpion.
In other words, the US should replace all of it's Eagle designs with a scorpion. And before you start arguing, there are plenty of obscure zodiac signs out there from ancient civilizations.

Proverbs 91:13
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

In days past it would have read:
You will tread on the lion and the Eagle;
you will trample the great lion and the Eagle.

Now it should read:
You will tread on the lion and the scorpion;
you will trample the great lion and the scorpion.

Regardless, the Eagle is a doomsday reference, and should be treated as such.

From what I have just shown you, you should be able to piece together how to use the Eagle and the Lion.
The Griffin is a convenient combination of the two to represent the same idea, because when the two become one, doomsday has arrived, provided a simple little mathematical loop has been completed.

And yes, I have solved the doomsday puzzle. And it is truly worth its own thread, but I'm writing a book about it at the moment, so no time. It is quite literally the mother of all conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CAPT PROTON

You seem to be talking about what I am saying.. I'm just not talking about that part of it yet.
The Bible also references the 4 faces.
the cherub, Lion, Bull, Eagle. Or Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, Scorpio

It's the 4 directions, on the wheel of time.

Eagle is Scorpio, I just didn't want to say that in this thread because it's hard to not confuse people with that.

Alpha and Omega is the same meaning.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is nearly on the same lines as my double eagle discussion thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do have one question though..... The single eagle seems to be used by Masonic entities,
namingly the founders of America. Is it possible that they transitioned from the double
eagle to the single eagle for a specific reason?

Did this change mark a time of transition to where we are seeing the world in a new way?
Or perhaps is there a part that is now hidden again?
May the single eagle have a single focus?

I don't know... but it's odd the complete change from double to single.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

in GOD we trust..
It's the right eagle.. It's the right eye..

I think we were supposed to be creating the new Atlantis in America, but we failed. We are getting closer again now though. Even as the government was taken out of our hands.. Even still..

I could point out so many references to the eagle being the spirit. It's one spirit with many feathers. The feathered serpent is the double headed eagle.. In one way it is... The way the snake flows up the spine and bam caduceus.. The meeting of the Yin/Yang.. I think it's the trinity only in the sense that the third part comes from the 2 parts. The two halves of nothing (big bang).. The third part.. That's the magic. As it's told in the matrix.. It's basically 2 sides of an equation (that all together it = 0 ) and then the anomaly..

The GOD of the bible is only part of the trinity. The Trinity is Ra.. IS RA EL.. Isis Ra and Elohim.. The trinity is a little confusing, but in general it's 2 brothers and a sister. Sometimes it's more like a father and a son, and a "spirit." I suspect it's 3 siblings.. and a Mom mainly. The Mom would be the double eagle. And "God" the right eagle is the younger son of the mother.. (that christians call father.. Though as I am saying this is all muddy muddy muddy..)

It's only after the Sun SETS... That the Sun Rises. Horus is the Rising Sun. Set is the Setting Sun.
Still not the darkest point... But it's all good in the hood..

God in the Bible is not the entire picture. He is either the Sun or the Moon. He is right or left. He is rising or setting.. The trinity.. The whole piece of it? The double eagle is the Yin/Yang... It IS. I AM.

So the point.

YOU
Are the double eagle. Double eagle has freewill.

This is OURS.

Pretty cool.
edit on 5-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Knight, thanks for the reply.
your single proposal of snake = eagle has opened many paths of research .

----------------------------------------------------------
Astrologically, the eagle is the highest aspect of the sign Scorpio; its lower aspect is a serpent. Alchemically, it is the emblem of the element of air and is associated with the process of sublimation, wherein the volatile principal is heated until it “flies up to heaven.”
definition: In psychology, sublimation is a mature type of defense mechanism where socially unacceptable impulses or idealizations are unconsciously transformed into socially acceptable actions or behavior, possibly resulting in a long-term conversion of the initial impulse

Wade and Tavris present a similar view, stating that sublimation is when displacement "serves a higher cultural or socially useful purpose, as in the creation of art or inventions".[2]

In Freudian psychology, displacement (German: Verschiebung, "shift, move") is an unconscious defense mechanism whereby the mind substitutes either a new aim or a new object for goals felt in their original form to be dangerous or unacceptable

Just brainstorming, but is this possibly the reason for rampant political correctness? To force sublimation through displacement? I personally think that it is likely that many individuals identify with Freudian psychology. This is right along the mindset of the powers that be.

---------------------------------------------------
Eagle symbolism across cultures

The Eagle is the universal emblem of the gods of the sky. The cosmic eagle is a symbol of the highest aspirations of the spirit, and its triumph over the carnal nature. This is why the eagle is so often depicted in combat with serpents or bulls, creatures who symbolize earthly desire (bull) or evil (serpents). It is most often a solar symbol, but sometimes it is thunder or lightning. The divine eagle is often a hybrid or transformed man, often a king or hero of great virtue

In Christianity, the divine eagle is the emblem of John the Evangelist

It was the eagle Aquila (Who was once the King Periphas) that retrieved the thunderbolts of Zeus and carried his messages- it is from his name we derive the English word ‘eagle.’

The Aztec sun-god Hiutzilopochtli took the form of an eagle, As the legend goes, the god told the wandering Aztec tribes to search until they found an eagle perched upon a nopal (prickly pear) cactus. Whether or not that eagle was clutching a snake has been a matter of some debate, but the familiar symbolism struck a chord with Mexico’s European settlers, and the iconic image of a serpent-swallowing eagle was adopted as the coat of arms of Mexico.

It is also an eagle who carries the Sumerian king Etana to the heavens seeking after the tree of life. As the story is told in ancient poems, the eagle and serpent lived peaceably until the eagle devoured the serpent’s offspring. In revenge, the great snake hurls the eagle into a great pit, where he languishes until rescued by Etana. The remainder of the story is lost.

In Vedic mythology, the eagle is Garuda, the serpent-swallower. Garuda is variably the transport of Vishnu or an appearance of the god himself. Garuda often battled the great naga serpent Kaliya

In Norse mythology, the storm-giant Thiassi (storm-bringer) sometimes takes the form of an eagle.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Refutation to the idea that Romans first used the Double Eagle - shows Hitties circa 1600 BC

www.uwlax.edu...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Links that I quoted before, but didn't paste correctly
symboldictionary.net...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.uwlax.edu...

The last one there is the big one,
Plus look at any definition of Sublimation, Psychology is one of them, but the physical definition of sublimation is neat.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Eagle a bird of prey that is fairly common around the world so it would only make sense that it is respected, or even have a certain homage too it. Its possibly the only Bird that has no natural predators, and has dominating presence when its wings are spread and it screams out loud.

It alot like the symbology that goes with Dogs/Wolves in various mythologies, where they are often associated with as being guardians, or creatures of the night, since wolves can be aggressive towards humans as well.

Or the symbology of the serpent, where Snakes are heavily revered, feared, and respected just because its a Snake, and again their are various types of snake across the world, big or small. It not so much a mystical or supernatural view, it just how the animals could relate to them. Or how it believed that Kundalini symbolized with a snake, since in order for a Snake not bite you, you must understand the Snake so you could handle it or hold with your hands and not be victim to it wrath.

Also Snake Charmer are believed to originated from India, much like Yoga practices, as to there being no Eagle God in Egyptian, its Ra whose a hawk or falcon.

Or like Anzu, being an eagle and a lion, two heavily respected animals, where Anzu believed to have caused storms with just a flap of his wings. Zeus, the King of Olympus, is often attributed with a giant Eagle as well, and also is King of his domain or realm in Greek mythology.

And the symbol of an Eagle catching a snake may have a certain superstition of victory to it, but I have no real clue for since that may have came "Troy".
edit on 9-5-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The double headed eagle looks to the right and to the left. Right is for good, left is for bad. Right - peace, left - war. The single headed eagle of the US only looks to his right to suggest he is for peace and for the good. The word Dexter means of the right and the word Sinister means of the left. So the US eagle is a Dexter. This symbolism is used in movies a lot. Thor calls his hammer with his right hand. Odin lost his right eye. The Winter Soldier has a metal left arm. The Governor from Walking Dead lost his left eye, and Mearle lost his left hand. The book of Zechariah touches on this somewhat but it is a little different.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting that the eagle can indeed be represented by a snake, but then at the same time seems to be at battle with it. This exact tale explained above about the eagle and the snake can be found on the Mexican flag.
The snake can be a symbol for good and evil which would translate to the 2 heads, also touched above. Several meanings come to play though. For example in Byzantium it meant having power over both secular and religious matters and I think this is the most significant explanation to this day: it's an indication of how much power your empire has (regardless of any extra occult meanings I don't know about).

As you know these stories can be found in all ancient religions, in one form or another, rewritten sure but the core idea is the same. I like to use ancient Roman and Greek traditions because they are well-documented and seem to have a big influence on today's world.
en.wikipedia.org... just one example. I chose this one because this deity also adorns the US Capitol.

who is skygod numero uno?
en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
also depicted as an eagle.
Who put the eagle at the centre of Roman symbolism? en.wikipedia.org...
"His life and career were significant in Rome's transformation from Republic to Empire."

So the eagle is a symbol for empires, thanks to the Romans.

Zeus' eagle
www.theoi.com...

Yin Yang? Definitely. Good vs evil, present vs past, old vs new. It all fits. The duality found in every aspect of our lives is nicely represented.

Fun fact: the word eagle is used 33 times in this Wiki article
en.wikipedia.org...
Eagles. Everywhere.

edit for further research: there's definitely also a link between Kronos (Saturn, winged serpent), snake symbolism and the fight for power with Zeus.
So after castrating his father who had expelled all his children to earth, Kronos take the throne and marries his sister but insists that all their children be eaten by him because of a prophecy that one of his children will kick him off his hard-earned throne. After all his mother did command him to castrate his father. Good times.
Alas, Kronos' wife gets pregnant, gives birth in secret and there is Zeus, who expells his awesome dad. Now Zeus? He wasn't any better.
www.theoi.com...
Could the battle between the snake and the eagle refer to this myth?

And finally, here is Khronos in the act of devouring one of his children.
upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on Sat, 09 May 2015 19:56:17 -0500pmk59pmk by raknjak because: improving post, why else

top topics

<<   2 >>

join