It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[video] Nasa astronauts take a GoPro on a spacewalk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: wmd_2008
I don't know.
Wouldn't you like to know?
How hard would it be to turn the camera around?

Well simply as it's a movie camera and unless you set up a manual exposure for a few seconds all you will see is the blackness of space, of course if the shutter is open for a few seconds you have the problem of movement.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Well simply as it's a movie camera and unless you set up a manual exposure for a few seconds all you will see is the blackness of space, of course if the shutter is open for a few seconds you have the problem of movement.

But that still does not answer "How hard would it be to turn the camera around? " so we could see.

But that is for another thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I never realized a video could be so epic and yet so boring at the same time...very interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But that still does not answer "How hard would it be to turn the camera around? " so we could see.

But that is for another thread.

I think we should be a little bit grateful that the video even exists in the public domain. Bare in mind mate, that they had a mission to do. In space. So I doubt they have time to have a glance about, I'm guessing time is pretty crucial up there.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
I never realized a video could be so epic and yet so boring at the same time...very interesting.

hahahaha. honestly thought the same

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

That was a major reason why public support for the Apollo missions dried-up so quickly. Yes, we were getting LIVE COLOR TELEVISION FROM THE MOON...

...of two guys doing field geology for 6 hours at a time. People complained when golf tournements were getting pre-empted by Apollo coverage.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008
I don't know.
Wouldn't you like to know?
How hard would it be to turn the camera around?

Well let's see them take the Sony A7S out there next time, as it can view the stars in real time. Then turn around and lets take a look at what can be seen. The Moon should show up with the GoPro though, and Venus I'd think.
And I doubt the GoPro would need a special casing for space, the conditions out there aren't as harsh as we are lead to believe. Just leave one out there for a few days and see if it suffers or dies, they are cheap enough , by NASA standards, to use in a destruction test.

(post by wmd_2008 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting that they had the GoPro looking directly at the Sun for quite a while in the EVA video, but from what I see on the 'Net, more than a few seconds exposure with the Sun high in the sky and the sensor will be damaged. I'd think the supposed extra intensity of the Sun up there would have really permanently burned some pixels.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
Well let's see them take the Sony A7S out there next time, as it can view the stars in real time.

Only with the very high ISO setting. It would completely everexpose the sunlit (or even earth-lit) objects, and the camera will immediately try to compensate.

And I doubt the GoPro would need a special casing for space, the conditions out there aren't as harsh as we are lead to believe.

In the vacuum of space, lubrication in-between the moving parts evaporates. Cameras need to be protected from that, as well as from being heated by direct sunlight.

Just leave one out there for a few days and see if it suffers or dies, they are cheap enough , by NASA standards, to use in a destruction test.

We already have the HD video test on the ISS, I'm sure you have watched the live stream.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Only with the very high ISO setting. It would completely everexpose the sunlit (or even earth-lit) objects, and the camera will immediately try to compensate.

GaryN want's the camera facing away from the Earth/Sun so it could be done you would use manual exposure, remember that camera has filmed real time Milky Way video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join