It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name your poison, ATS Mixed Drink Guide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Indeed. Generally speaking I cannot stand eggnog, alcoholic or otherwise. But the Pennsylvania Dutch is some good stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
two types of sangria. Fresh or fermented.

for 1 litre container. Fresh.

8 ounces of brandy, solera if you can. 6 ounces of triple sec, 4 ounces of simple syrup OR sugar. If you can, make orange simple syrup.

add freshly cut oranges and apples in equal parts, both green and red. Total amount of fruit is a third of container, a third of that amount should be fresh lemon. All diced finely where fruit is still attached to peel. 4 ounces cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. 2 ounces orange juice if you didnt let the fruit sit in orange juice. If you did just scoop with orange juice. Fill the rest with young table wine, preferably from castilla and leon. When serving splash each glass once poured with seven up or club soda if you made it sweat.

for 1 litre container. Fermented.

same except you add 4 ounces of gin, substitute all juice for orange juice, use only crianza rioja wine from tempranillo grape. let sit for for a week in a cold humid place.

-------------------

Tropical /Mexican sangria

Same as fresh. use rose wine. No cranberry juice, use orange juice and pineapple juice, as well as 1 other you wish to add. Mango-use sparingly, if the juice you use is too bitter use only splash once served in glass. Tequila instead of brandy. Instead of 6 ounces of triple sec, use 8 ounces of peach schnapps.

-------------------

Sangria should NEVER use vodka and should NEVER use lemon soda.

For white sangrias use only orange juice instead of all others, 8 ounces of peach schnapps instead of triple sec. Wine = Verdejo /Pinot Grigio or something tart.

edit on 4 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Amaretto sour

Amaretto disaronno- 4 ounces
Lemon lime juice, 2/3 lime juice, add 2 and 1/2 ounces.

Shake with ice. Simples. NEVER use sour mix. Yuck.

Classic margarita. Well, mine.

8 oz tequila, 4 ounce fresh lime juice. (6 to 3 ratio if your glass is smaller.) MAYBE a dash of lemon juice. 2 ounce triple sec. NO SOUR MIX YUCK! If you must, only light splash, never more than 1 1/2 ounce.

Shake it up with ice to the top of mix, pour half of it with whatever ice comes out, the rest only the booze. When salting rim, use lime juice instead of water to wet rim, use sea salt, no fine grain salt. Sugar? Turbinado, always.

I dont care what anyone says, you should always have a little left over you add in as you drink. Like a sip or two more with the ice you left as it melts, its good, really good.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
red wine and orange juice. half and half

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

here are some you may like if you like it simple.

Spanish mixers.

Red wine, coca cola equal parts = calimocho.

glass of sweetened club soda (casera) or just a glass of seven up, heavy splash of red wine = Tinto de verano.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I dont care what anyone says, you should always have a little left over you add in as you drink. Like a sip or two more with the ice you left as it melts, its good, really good.

I took some clients to Saxon & Parole in NYC and we ordered some cocktails. They waiter poured them from these tiny carafes and left the rest in there on top of a bowl of crushed ice for us to top off our drinks a few sips in.

edit on 13-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
The problem in most establishments is they don't know how to make a true martini, if the bar tender asks me what type of vodka I want with my tini I give him the WTF look then order a beer instead.

I am always horrified by that. I have a nice selection of gins and, depending on the season, use those to whip up my favorite adult beverage.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Depends where at .. and mood at time ..

1. Asahi - warm cant stand cold beer ugh ..
2. Laphroag neat
3. drambuie neat
4. cuba libre
5. tequila shots - prefereably off a cute lady ..
6. sake
7. absinthe
8. a fine wine

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join