It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take YOUR Kid Out of School Without Permission? Court Will Take Your Furniture...or Jail Term.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think he must be trolling, I can't believe an ATS member would respond like this to this story.
If that is his honest opinion, then WOW, just WOW.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How does it work. Is there a proper way to do it, like showing the courts your kids still get a good education?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee ummmmmmmmmmm. question for anyone who may know more than me about the US school system. when i was in high school i hated it so much because people made fun of me a lot, so i just wouldn't come in a lot of day never told the school i would be absent or leaving early, well eventually they sent out a truant officer and said i had to go back or i would be expelled. i did not listen and got expelled. i was on the reduced lunch program so i know the gov. was at least subsidizing my meals and other fees partially. however i dont understand why, if they got funding for me physically being there would they then try to expell me. (i did not end up getting expelled because i am awesome....we will leave it at that). but imat a loss as to why so many people are responding like this to this story. they never tried to fine my dad or anything for me not being there (and i missed a LOT more than five days).

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blondegiraffe
a reply to: Annee ummmmmmmmmmm. question for anyone who may know more than me about the US school system. when i was in high school i hated it so much because people made fun of me a lot, so i just wouldn't come in a lot of day never told the school i would be absent or leaving early, well eventually they sent out a truant officer and said i had to go back or i would be expelled. i did not listen and got expelled. i was on the reduced lunch program so i know the gov. was at least subsidizing my meals and other fees partially. however i dont understand why, if they got funding for me physically being there would they then try to expell me. (i did not end up getting expelled because i am awesome....we will leave it at that). but imat a loss as to why so many people are responding like this to this story. they never tried to fine my dad or anything for me not being there (and i missed a LOT more than five days).

Depends on when that was.

The economy is getting tighter. School funding has been slashed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join