It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could Eye contact in dreams signify?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can only remember 2-3 times where I had eye contact with another being in a dream. The impact when it happened was significant to remember it, and helped me notice that eye contact happens very rarely.

So what could eye contact signify?

What I have been thinking is that it could be that the being had an important message for me to remember. Or it could be that it wasn't a figment of my own mind, but the presence of an outside influence.

I have had many conversations with many beings in my dreams, but only a few times was there dirct eye contact.

I'm slightly puzzled.

Input welcome

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: scratchmane

Perhaps you are at a critical point in your life where some "external force/party" is helping you to discover a vision for your direction/your future that you hadn't previously seen?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So you also see the eye contact as something significant? I know it is of course context sensitive.

Thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

dreams have a very personal meaning, varying from one person to the other. I think only you can answer your question.
Maybe you should ask yourself what is the meaning of everything you see everyday, and what is the general dream try to tell you about your desires from life

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What I have been thinking is that it could be that the being had an important message for me to remember.

Which waaas… can you remember it?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vArchon

dreams have a very personal meaning, varying from one person to the other. I think only you can answer your question.
Maybe you should ask yourself what is the meaning of everything you see everyday, and what is the general dream try to tell you about your desires from life

Yes I agree with this, yet, as Jung talked about there are archetypes, like the sea is often the subconscious and so on. Just wondering if there is anything particular about eye contact.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I can remember the first time it happened, however not the second time, I do have a hazy recollection that nothing substantial was communicated the second time. which, among other things, is why I am curiuos about the eye contct thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scratchmane
I can only remember 2-3 times where I had eye contact with another being in a dream. The impact when it happened was significant to remember it, and helped me notice that eye contact happens very rarely.

So what could eye contact signify?

What I have been thinking is that it could be that the being had an important message for me to remember. Or it could be that it wasn't a figment of my own mind, but the presence of an outside influence.

I have had many conversations with many beings in my dreams, but only a few times was there dirct eye contact.

I'm slightly puzzled.

Input welcome

when i make eye contact in dreams, i will suddenly see my previous dreamself through the eyes of my new dream self
having exchanged places/POV with them.
if you're ever lucid try to locate the lightsource/sun of the dreaming, or if it's night, focus on a star, and will yourself to go there.

ZOOOOOM!!!!
edit on 10-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: spellling

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I remember several dreams with eye contact happening, and in each case that it happened, I felt the person was an enemy. I also remember that shock of sorts when the eye contact happens. Like a sudden awareness and then the dream is lucid and I watch the person and that person knows that I now know that he is my enemy, and the entity isn't happy about that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Okay, then who or what did you make eye contact with? Or where were you in the dream, what was happening up to that point?

By the way I think thats whats important, too. Eye contact is the meaning of life. Everything else isn't sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting observation. I don't ever recall looking into anyone's eyes before in a dream. I suppose it is almost as rare as seeing yourself in a mirror. I've heard that one doesnt quite happen often as well. I'm a lucid dreamer so I may have to try to look someone in the eye when I dream.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well your eyes and what you see with them represent your mind and perspective on life. To make eye contact would then mean two perspectives are in accordance with each other and that you are interested in each other's thoughts.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It could be something as simple as an attempt (by your own consciousness, or an external one) to trigger lucidity in your dreams.

Do you have lucid dreams? I've often noticed that giving my attention to some kind of 'rare occurance' seems to be my subconscious's way of alerting me to the fact that I'm dreaming, cuing a lucid experience.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teratoma
It could be something as simple as an attempt (by your own consciousness, or an external one) to trigger lucidity in your dreams.

Do you have lucid dreams? I've often noticed that giving my attention to some kind of 'rare occurance' seems to be my subconscious's way of alerting me to the fact that I'm dreaming, cuing a lucid experience.

Well it's many years since I had those experiences, but at the time I had many lucid dreams, so as I see it, your suggestion, wasn't the case.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Eye contact is the meaning of life. Everything else isn't sure.

Could you explain that further?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianoasis
Well your eyes and what you see with them represent your mind and perspective on life. To make eye contact would then mean two perspectives are in accordance with each other and that you are interested in each other's thoughts.

This is the correct answer (post by pianoasis). ^^^ Your subconscious is telling you that you "see eye to eye" with this individual in some way or on some subject. You'll have to look at more of the dream details to determine what exactly, since you didn't reveal further details of the dream - such as where the dream took place and how the other person was connected to you etc...
edit on 30-4-2015 by starborn because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2015 by starborn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join