It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.6 EQ in LA today Friday April 10th, 4:17 p.m. PST

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
Thanks for the prediction. We are expecting the big one so I wouldn't be surprised... The good thing is that I'll be out of work around that time IF it were to happen.

Just a question... have any of your premonitions came true? (on a consistent basis)

See some of earlier replies on here. A few premonitions happened where friends or family were concerned, but I wouldn't classify on a 'consistent' basis, which is why I'm not real concerned about this one happening. The feeling though was vivid and disturbed me enough to want to make note of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Just noticed that.. sorry. Either way, thanks for letting us So. Cal people know

And for the guy who works on the 21st floor.. Maybe you would want to take a break around that time.. in the 1st floor.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just for curiosities sake , I just checked the RSOE EDIS website map . There are more than normal numbers of earthquakes going on it the Cal area. Albeit , for the most part normal low level . But there are more than normal . Strange on the days leading up to and including today they have increased.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Three-dimensional perspective view of the likelihood that each region of California will experience a magnitude 6.7 or larger earthquake in the next 30 years (6.7 matches the magnitude of the 1994 Northridge earthquake, and 30 years is the typical duration of a homeowner mortgage).

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I didn't know Cali was capable of 8.6 in that area. If it did hit that mag, it would be very, very bad because of how the ground is composed.

Oh, well, I had a premonition that I'd be landing that job, too, and it hasn't/didn't happen. I guess there is still time though.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

It looks the San Francisco Bay area is gonna get hit the hardest. Growing up in Los Angeles and having lived through some major EQ kinda prepares you. My kids (9 and 11) haven't quite experienced anything like that yet. I make sure that they are prepared when they finally feel a big EQ. So far the smaller ones have happened at night when they are asleep and don't even feel them. I'm sure a lot of parents of kids around that age feel the same way.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: thorfourwinds

It looks the San Francisco Bay area is gonna get hit the hardest. Growing up in Los Angeles and having lived through some major EQ kinda prepares you. My kids (9 and 11) haven't quite experienced anything like that yet. I make sure that they are prepared when they finally feel a big EQ. So far the smaller ones have happened at night when they are asleep and don't even feel them. I'm sure a lot of parents of kids around that age feel the same way.

It's got to be similar to living through a tornado in the Midwest or a hurricane alone the coast. You drill. You see it on TV. One gets close and you help with the clean up and see what it does firsthand.

Sure there's a first time for everything, but if you've done your work as a parent right, they'll be able to react properly and take precautions as much as possible to give themselves the best chance in those situations.

I know the first time a serious tornado threat came through our area when I was a kid and my parents were out of town, I got myself, my sister and our cats in the basement with most of what we'd need with very little trouble.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Likely won't happen, but just in case, wanted to get it on record here. No scientific source, just a premonition. Luckily, I'm usually wrong, but sometime right on a much smaller, personal scale e.g. have predicted deaths with dates in family.

At least you're willing to be specific. We shall see. A lot of things can shift a timeline.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I will give you props... even though:
-Your predicted time was off (but not by much).
-Your magnitude prediction was off.

Still, there was something.

Someone even made a thread about your thread.
Jude11's Thread

So, if this is a foreshock, maybe you will be right.
Let's wait and see.
edit on bu302015-04-10T15:03:15-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 10 Apr 2015 15:03:15 -05003u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I paid for a full seat when I should only have purchased the edge!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

His predicted time isn't off. It's only 13:12 in Los Angeles as of this post. There's still 3 hours 5 minutes for the big one to hit.

But regardless, I give Unbreakable props for this prediction. So far, since the recent 4.8 and 4.5 that happened an hour ago, he's definitely got my attention. I will be following this closely unlike other predictions.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

His predicted time isn't off. It's only 13:12 in Los Angeles as of this post. There's still 3 hours 5 minutes for the big one to hit.

But regardless, I give Unbreakable props for this prediction. So far, since the recent 4.8 and 4.5 that happened an hour ago, he's definitely got my attention. I will be following this closely unlike other predictions.

That's pretty much what I said. Even if the big one doesn't come (I hope it doesn't) at his predicted time, I say he got a hit. Close enough, as it were.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Whoa!

Yeah...let's hope it's not just a precursor. It ain't over til it's over.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Quake Cam-

Quake Cam Link

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Meanwhile.. I hope THIS doesn't happen:

edit on 10-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Eh, California has 4+ EQ's all the time. Pretty much could make a prediction for any day and be right.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Well, there is only one 4+ this week in Cali so far, and that was today...

I agree with others,
I hope it is not a precursor to something bigger.

Cali does have many EQs, but most are in the 2 to 3 range on an average day from what I have seen.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

And this 4.8 was about 150 KM out in the ocean. There was a 4.0 in Baja California 2 days ago that was closer...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Yep, I noticed the distance, although the 4.0 you speak of, I don't see on the USGS tracker, unless it was centered in Mexico.

A little different,but closer.

Like I said, I'm hoping that was not a precursor, but so far, the prediction is not something that has happened, just a spooky kind of shaking off the coast that made everyone stop, watch and go...uh....lets hope thats it.....

And I hope that is all.

I know though, from personal experience, that pinning down exacts is very hard to do when it comes to ESP.
Often times a premonition is more severe than the actual event. I am not sure why that is, but that is how it seems to work.

If Cali has a major EQ in the next few days, I would still consider it a hit just from my understanding of predictions and how they seem to work.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yeah, it was in Mexico, just a few KM from the border. There was a 4.3 right there in the same spot a day or so before that as well.

I agree, if there is a major EQ I would definitely say it was a hit, even if it was off a few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join