It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminally ill man set to undergo world's first full HEAD transplant by doctor branded "nuts"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Will his brain reject his body? or will his body reject his brain? Either way, his head would just fall off?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I read that article the other day. Apparently he wants to have a team of up to 180 or so doctors to take turns so they don't get tired. I wonder if he will have more willing victims ehhh patients to work on if his first patient dies either in surgery or shortly after. I can't see him getting far. My guess is this whole operation will get shut down before it even happens. But then again, it's China, so who knows.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

I read that article the other day. Apparently he wants to have a team of up to 180 or so doctors to take turns so they don't get tired. I wonder if he will have more willing victims ehhh patients to work on if his first patient dies either in surgery or shortly after. I can't see him getting far. My guess is this whole operation will get shut down before it even happens. But then again, it's China, so who knows.

That's what I'm thinking. With it being China, he's claiming they have people waiting in the wings to sign up for the surgery, so my guess is, China WILL let him do it, and continue to do so until he's successful so China can claim a win, politically, as Cannavaro was pointing out. He was VERY smart to go to them with this, in this manner. You have to admit. And knowing China and all the political prisoners they use for organ donation against their will, there will be a steady supply of victims who will "volunteer" their bodies. Any wagers? Of course, we'll all find out about it after the fact, China will deny, Cannavaro will claim he had no knowledge, then that "Dr. Frankenstein" label really WILL stick! Especially if he's caught using political prisoners who did not volunteer.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

LOL. Sounds like it will turn into one ugly mess of a headache. Literally. I'm definitely against animal cruelty, but my guess is that he will probably experimenting with animals until then and if he succeeds that will somewhat give him more credibility. However, until then, it seems that he is chasing the fame to become the first one to have a successful head transplant. I have a feeling we will be hearing more of this guy and his crazy ideas as 2017 approches.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

LOL. Sounds like it will turn into one ugly mess of a headache. Literally. I'm definitely against animal cruelty, but my guess is that he will probably experimenting with animals until then and if he succeeds that will somewhat give him more credibility. However, until then, it seems that he is chasing the fame to become the first one to have a successful head transplant. I have a feeling we will be hearing more of this guy and his crazy ideas as 2017 approches.

Sadly, this does not surprise me in the least. The article made mention of him doing experimental surgery right now in Turin, Italy. Although, it DID surprise me when he said the Catholic Church had no problem with a surgery of this kind. But, to each their own, I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It seems like he would be paralyzed. Otherwise paralyzed people would be having a similar operation. I actually hope he's successful. What a breakthrough it would be. I think he should practice on some more monkeys.
edit on 23-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
It seems like he would be paralyzed. Otherwise paralyzed people would be having a similar operation. I actually hope he's successful. What a breakthrough it would be. I think he should practice on some more monkeys.

Truthfully I don't know how I feel about practicing on more animals. I understand the appeal, but morally, I'm against it. To me it feels wrong, especially with something like this knowing this poor animal is just going to suffer and die needlessly.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah, I thought about that too. I hate when they use animals for experiments, especially dumb ones like testing shampoo and toothpaste in the eyes. But I know if I had a loved one that could be helped because of prior animal experimentation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I believe they did practice on baboons for heart transplants and there are lot of organ transplants today and although I feel sad for the pain of the animal I would be happy for mankind. Not only do you need immunosuppressant's, but the guy would have to start on antibiotics right away. I haven't looked at the link yet but do you know when he's going to attempt this operation.

Another point, the operation would have to be completed I would think within 30 hours. So 180 doctors would be way too many unless they're planning on switching off every 3 hours, two at a time which seems too frequent

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Yeah, I thought about that too. I hate when they use animals for experiments, especially dumb ones like testing shampoo and toothpaste in the eyes. But I know if I had a loved one that could be helped because of prior animal experimentation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I believe they did practice on baboons for heart transplants and there are lot of organ transplants today and although I feel sad for the pain of the animal I would be happy for mankind. Not only do you need immunosuppressant's, but the guy would have to start on antibiotics right away. I haven't looked at the link yet but do you know when he's going to attempt this operation.

Another point, the operation would have to be completed I would think within 30 hours. So 180 doctors would be way too many unless they're planning on switching off every 3 hours, two at a time which seems too frequent

I believe 2017 is when they're going to attempt the surgery. Unless something delays it. (Or they change their mind and speed up the date.) Edit: I would guess the 180 doctors because maybe 3-5 for each specialty, for example, cardiology, lymphatic, orthopedic, etc...
edit on 4/23/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join