It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we always see bodies/figures during sleep deprivation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You have a point, I remember working night shift when I was young , and thinking this is great, I have all day off and can work the night away . Money for jam, but after about thirty eight hours without sleep, I began to see little green men playing on top of my machine , in fact the observed reality was beginning to appear like it was a dream. I kid you not. It got me wondering if sleep is a reality lock of some sort . It seems that if you don't actually loose consciousness for a small period of time you really start to loose it. Its a strange sort of thing and not very conducive to survival of the species, considering most of the time humans have been around they have been part of the food chain.

Then when trying to induce OOBES, and in the rare occasions when you actually, make it and are indeed somewhere else, the next day is, like you are suffering from lack of sleep. So I concluded that its the body that needs the sleep, not the mind, as it will observe whatever reality that its in. Then the sleep deprivation, was causing glitches in the normal perception of reality, then perhaps the unconsciousness of deep sleep, is the mind just maintaining the body, so it can function . If you have a body , that's where consciousness resides, but where is consciousness, when the lights are on and nobody's home? As in sleep, trauma, death etc. As far as survival goes the natural human environment, is not conducive to long term survival. So maybe because consciousness can dwell in another place, that's the survival plan, and always was.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

We are not part of the food chain. We never were.

We act like virus, we don't belong to earths nature. Its like someone drop us on earth.

You can read similar patterns with species taken from Asia and drop in Africa. They die or conquer and make huge problems to ecosystem. Just like humans did.

But this theme is for new topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No I really did 2 times 12 days was my limit .. I pushed to see how far I could go .. there it was ..a reply to: Argyll

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

However I wondered, why does it form into a body/figure?

Your mind has a tendency to normalize data into recognisable objects and patterns to try make sense of things under stress.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree with that, but doesn't it also work that we normalize to not see things? Imagine looking at something and there is something hidden your eye doesn't catch and then pops out at you and startles you? "Omg I didn't know that was there!"

The other perspective is you see the optical illusion first, then your eyes figure out what you're looking at. There could be things hidden in our reality that we don't normally see. If we look hard enough, or have our minds stressed enough we might be able to encounter this unknown.

Think of quantum physics, the possibility for you to have sleep deprivation right now exists in a parallel dimension with those hallucinations of shadow people existing at that time. So currently that could be right around you, even if it is the middle of the day and you're wide awake.

They're always there.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Id see if you were suffering from anxiety..
Anxiety

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I agree it is a weird thing that happens, when i was sleep deprived I kept thinking I was seeing a body figure out of the corner of my eye but it was always somethings else.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I recently experienced sleep deprivation and when I started hallucinating and seeing bodies form in front of my eyes, it dawned upon me, why does this happen?

The way the hallucination works is that any light or shadow in your room forms into a body/figure, if you have been up for over 24 hours and are awake staring around the room, at night. In the day time during sleep deprivation you may see little black spots and feel really jittery. During my recent experience my hallucinations never formed into anything extreme or remotely dramatic because I would just re-adjust my eyes and focus.

However I wondered, why does it form into a body/figure? Isn't that interesting? Then if you let the hallucination take it's course and not try and focus your eyes, the shadows will undoubtedly form into bodies/figures, spark fear, and who knows what next.

Why does our mind hallucinate specifically bodies/figures when we have not had any sleep? Do these things exist all the time and we only experience them when we are in a state of sleep deprivation? Or is the simplest explanation that during sleep deprivation our mind always defaults to thinking it's looking at bodies/figures but really its just the light/shadow casted from, i.e. the window?

Why are bodies/figures the default hallucination during sleep deprivation?

It happened to me, at the end of SERE training. Hadn't really slept in many days. Hallucinated and saw bodies hanging from trees and once a large giant face peering at me over a hill.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What you’re saying is so true.

As a kid I ran away from home and didn’t sleep for 5 days.

On the 5th day I sat down in a field on a rock to rest and started seeing figures on the ground turn into human figurines.

It looked like people sitting on a bench

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Heck I stay awake for 24 hours at least once a week.

Got kids or skipped that one?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Anyone sleep deprived in Mid-Wales seen The Hooded Monk? Why do stories of The Hooded Monk corroborate?
edit on 3 5 2015 by Kester because: upper case

edit on 3 5 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
In my early twenties i wanted to see how long i could stay awake .. 12 days was the longest . I never saw shadow people . I remember shadows would move around a little bit .

totaly agree, i done three days and remember seeing shadows in my peripheral vision move, put it down to how the light would change in the room as i moved my head and my brain percieved it.
But the biggest thing that blew me out was when i used to do a lot of driving, 24 hours 48 hours sometimes 6 hours before a break in my early twenties and at night as you came over a rise and the high beam lights would light up the expanse of the area infront of you the pieces of the darkness seemed to scatter to the sides of the road, looked like large shreads of blackness. really wierd sensation that was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join