It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE to receive 2 additional C-17s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In what is probably the last order of the type, the UAE has ordered two additional C-17s. That brings their total to 8. A total of 279 C-17s were produced, with several being built as "white tails", or aircraft with no orders to back them. Boeing built them with the hopes that a customer would step up and purchase them. In November of last year, there were four white tails left.

The United Arab Emirates underpinned its position as a key importer of western weapons as it ended a $5 billion week- long buying spree with a deal for two more military transport planes from Boeing Co.

The deal with Boeing, valued at 2.3 billion U.A.E. dirhams ($630 million), was among the largest announced during the International Defence Exhibition and Conference that unfolded this week in Abu Dhabi.

The military announced a total of 33 deals valued at 18.3 billion U.A.E dirhams at the event. The government made good on its commitment to make the arms expo more lucrative than one two years ago when around AED14 billion in deals were agreed.

www.nasdaq.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
By my reckoning that leaves at least 5 whitetails left to sell. I wonder who will snap up the last ones? I dont think I have heard any definitive order from Canberra yet and although they asked for pricing on at least 2 and possibly 4. I suspect the just run Federal election put the brakes on a decision so we may see some announcement soon. No idea where they think the money is coming from though.

Even if the whitetails are sold, if a buyer stepped forward and was a close ally I suspect they would be allowed to purchase a handful from the last USAF delivery slots. For some years now the orders have been tacked on by D.C. to keep the line running with the Air Force essentially saying they dont really need them. I wonder if or how many are parked in storage at DM?

LEE.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

There are four left. There were ten total. Four were sold prior to these two. Then these two.

new topics

join