It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Department of Defense Visiting my Website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I agree with the poster that said it has to do with your other thread about A-51 and the guy who may have said too much. They might be wanting to pin that down and get an ID on him. You are probably under some sort of surveillance now until they can find out who your friend is.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It could be anything. Most likely it's people running a script that scans a range of IP's on port 80 for web servers, to see if they are exploitable. Perhaps the DOD is scanning to see potential vulnerable web servers.

I used to get it all the time when I ran a web server, I'd check the logs and see known exploits being attempted.

People will also scan for open mail servers also, I was unfortunate enough once to neglect to secure mine once, and someone had spent a weekend sending out countless spam emails... which all would have seemed to originate from my IP.

If you have any open servers on the internet, someone will scan it, without doubt. Doesn't necessarily mean that someone from the DOD has a vested interest in you from your posting on here.

I'd say it was an automated probe.. nothing more. too many people that are valid targets who do not post on here, or on any publicly accessible forums, that they'd be more interested in, I am sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Nochzwei

Well, that sounds unsettling. What else can I look forward to?
Don't let it discourage you, but basically expect the unexpected.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Don't give the DoD too much credit. People have been known to screw around doing non work related stuff on the web while at work.

Spiders from every where are crawling the web. And then there are the people up to mischief where ever data can be submitted in a web page.

What would you expect from the human race.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I agree with the poster that said it has to do with your other thread about A-51 and the guy who may have said too much. They might be wanting to pin that down and get an ID on him. You are probably under some sort of surveillance now until they can find out who your friend is.

Definitely.

The information is plausible and due to the content, I can see why foreign governments would be interested as well.

Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I had the DHS looking at a website of mine a while back. After looking over the page logger, I discovered it was an article I wrote about big foot. I scared me a little and I even posted about it here.

Homeland Security has visited my website! Time to worry?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: MRuss

Seriously... I see they were visiting my little writing website from Alexandria, VA. Why? I'm really confused. There were five separate visits...the most recent just three days ago.

How would they get my name from here? Maybe from FB?

That's a joke right???
They know who I am for sure.

In fact there are these random websites.. They know your family and all of it..

I also imagine they visit EVERY site there is that one can look for.. Not with human eyes of course.

I wrote some messages to them on my facebook, when I noticed someone was trying to search through it. Glad I have nothing to hide for sure.. Used to be into computers and think I could cover tracks, but I gave that up long before I started posting things online. With the NSA now there probably isn't any thing digital at all they aren't in.

A friend of mine was recently hired by the NSA. havn't heard from him since haha.

And don't forget anything written can be coded.. You could be activating spies for all they know.
edit on 6-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Seriously... I see they were visiting my little writing website from Alexandria, VA. Why? I'm really confused. There were five separate visits...the most recent just three days ago.

How would they get my name from here? Maybe from FB?

ask them what they were looking for.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What happens is, soldiers, airmen, marines, and sailors get bored. They've been in their offices for hours, or they are on their lunch break, or something.

They start surfing the internet on a government computer. Lots of facebook.

Eventually they'll stumble onto your site and you get pings from DOD computers.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As I am sure you're aware of. Much of how government systems and services interoperate has been deregulated from the monolithic structure it had been, and starting in 2009, many of them can circumvent the preferred vendor system and select their own vendors.

As you're well aware of - the government has a great deal of bureaucratic red tape regarding effective communications.

My bet is. You're seeing people inside the United States who are looking to source new material. People to hand off business to.

And my bet is. The other countries which may have had this outsourced to them based on cheapest costs are in a tizzy - and wanting to see who - inside the United States - who is going to be acting as competition.

If this is the case, I would suspect you're going to be seeing a LOT of communication from Department Of Defense agencies - and I would also expecting some from NASA as well. The separate military branches (Army/Navy, etc) should have their own needs covered, but since the DOD is a separate oversight agency it can no longer leverage military personnel without contractual obligation and payment exchanging hands for services to the separate branches.

This is part of Obama's reorg for the intelligence and military organizations - to establish accountability for what's going where - and provide a little more oversight on black budget activities than traditionally has been the case.

Don't be alarmed. This means business for you.

And government business to you could keep you busy for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All of these government agencies and search engines have programs called "web crawlers" that basically click every link on every page ever and add them to an index.

EVERYONE STOP It's just an incorrectly configured robots.txt file!

Exclude the user agents of the unwanted crawlers and leave it at that. Or redirect them to a limited version of the real site so you can remain searchable. If Robots.txt does not work (sometimes they bypass it) you can add tricky _javascript to the header that will block unwanted user agents. If they are using user agent spoofing, try blocking by known IP's (probably in your hosting admin panel).

There is no real stopping it besides taking the site down.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
As shared above, the crawlers or spiders, can search too indexing information.

NSA indexing: Especially if you or someone else sent the website address to someone overseas(ie US to Europe or vice vesra) the whole of the data is indexed. And to conclude is why many long time members(funny to see when skeptics also left), after Snowden's revealing, seemingly vanished from conspiracy sites. Just the shear association brings for them to investigate who you are.
edit on 7-4-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join