It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hot Button Issues That Divide Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Personally I think people should be allowed to bear arms as long as there is something in place that shows they are competent to do so. And I think abortions should be a on a case by case basis and up to the individual who is having the abortion, its not my business or anybody but those who it effects. I can probably list other things but for the most part those two issues are kind of duh none issues which should have been solved and moved on from centuries ago. And of all the issues out there there is likely a long list of things which will effect me or others more so then those.

The day they start actually tackling real issues may be the day there will be any real change, but that day is likely not going to come any time soon. Most of Washington and politics is there to keep things going as they are because that is what makes things happen for them, so basically the higher a chance that there is something or individuals out there that can change things. The farther they will be kept from it all, the whole system does not have check and balances to change things, it for the most part has checks and balances to keep things as they are, and to keep those individuals far away from it, because it makes some people and groups and even corps very very wealthy and they have a vested interest in things not changing and staying the way it is. ie going there way. And that right there is politics in a nutshell.

So ya for the most part all these issues a bit of common sense could solve them in a minute. And its likely that if anything comes out of any of those camps its going to be non issues to keep the populous running in circles. The times were really issues are tackled and solved are few and far between.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My opinion on abortion is it is morally wrong (I'm not religious) but its gonna happen anyways let it be legal so it can be regulated by medical professionals. I'm really independent but love to argue with both Liberals and Conservatives depending on my mood that day. One time I asked a conservative "so you don't believe in abortion but you don't support welfare or food stamps either. So what should a woman do if she can't afford a Child?"" His response "Poor people shouldn't f---" Then I said party of freedom indeed.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

youtu.be...

It is from/for the UK, but can be applied anywhere.

And this is exactly what we should know about "party" and "vote".
Also, his song "vote for me" is damn good.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Gun rights are a no brainer for me, criminals will almost always have guns so might as well get one too. If they are out right banned they'll still get around, just look at drugs. With abortion though, a women has the right to choose for herself, but I believe she's also choosing for another life.

All the same though, I try to vote for people who will be the less corrupt. Integrity is a major factor when voting for a lot of people I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't think we even have gun rights anymore.

We have gun privileges.

We have to obtain permission from the central authority before we can bear arms.

So guns for everyone?

Illegals, Felons, rapists? etc?

You're going off the deep end here, trying to stir up trouble. I think anyone with an IQ higher than a potato knows what he means when he says this.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I myself see only one issue dividing us really.

MONEY

How to make it, how much is taken from us, how the ticks spend it, how much is wasted, the list is endless.

Abortion, though I see it as a right, should not be funded by the government. That is the opinion of many and though some argue the rightness/wrongness of abortion, few can give a valid argument as to how and why it has become a tertiary contraceptive in America due to government funding.

Gun control means many things to everyone. "center mass" to some and "no guns" to others. Most intelligent people would allow for a background check but at the same time are adamantly against a national registry (which is what a background check is right now). We face a collapse and it will be easier to control if "they" know where all the guns are. At the same time during a collapse we will only have ourselves to depend on. Again it boils down to "money".

We allowed our manufacturing base to be destroyed through "free trade". Some blame the unions for wanting $60 an hour to sweep floors and others blame the companies for wanting higher profit margins. Regardless, the jobs and factories are gone. So too is the "money".

Our middle class was created and empowered by the above jobs and they too fell by the wayside. With the closing of the factories we assume it means closing of smelters, refineries, stamping plants, and assembly yards as a given. What we hardly ever take into consideration is the secondary and tertiary jobs that are made possible due to these workers. Stores, restaurants, hospitals, schools, bars, dry cleaners, again the list is endless. Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of jobs lost due to a "handful" of plant closings. A world of strife created for want of "money".

The current political landscape echoes with hate for the "1%". What are they "1%" of? Yes, again it's "money". We have almost come to the point that we want to eat the rich. Honestly though, who can blame the American public for feeling that way? Clinton was "dead broke" because she only had a few tens on millions in the bank. Romney says "let their parents pay for college like my parents did". The ticks are so out of touch with the citizens they are not even in another country, it's like they are from another world. All made possible with "money".

I've ranted too long and I doubt I've made much sense
I don't hate money. Far from it. I enjoy the little I'm allowed to have now and then. I just think most problems are controlled in some form or fashion by those "greenbacks".

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: muse7

Oh, illegals?

They don't obey the law anyway.

laws are only for people who obey them.

I like you

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The only reason there are such things as hot button issues are exactly to divide into two sides.

If there were any allowed grey area's then that would give validity to a 3rd party system. (Or more)

And we cant have that now can we.
edit on 7-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join