It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponized Drones Coming to Your Neighborhood.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Indigent

I don't like the idea of taking the person out of enforcement.

Law enforcement has lots of grey area that a person has to use judgement to asses.
Drones can't do that. Nor not follow orders they don't agree with.

I am by far not LEO's # 1 fan, but would still rather see men and women doing the job not drones.

I totally agree. All we need is a killer drone with buggy software making decisions.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I want one of these for home protection...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

I miss Mr. Carlin, thanks for the dose of reality

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Remember this?

Predator drone helps convict North Dakota farmer in first case of its kind

In the first-ever case of a U.S. citizen being convicted and sentenced to prison based in part on evidence gathered by a drone, Lakota, N.D., farmer Rodney Brossart got a three-year sentence for his role in an armed standoff with police that began after he was accused of stealing his neighbors' stray cattle in 2011.

They called it a brave new world of law enforcement officials. Go figure. This will easily evolve into what your OP is putting forth. When officers deem a situation too hostile, they'll call in air support to neutralize the target while claiming it prevents lives from being put at risk. Talk about unfair advantage.

The case could prove significant, because Brossart's attorney tried unsuccessfully to have the terrorizing charges related to his standoff with police dropped because evidence was gathered by the drone without a search warrant specifically allowing for it.

The lesson is, this guy's an idiot and that if you don't cooperate with a search warrant, you may have drones sent to monitor your every move until they can catch you in an illegal act. You aren't even likely to have known you've been caught until they come in guns blazing.

Link

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: jude11

Imagine what technology 100 years from now will bring.

Kind of scary to think about where this could all lead.

I'm only concerned with today. Not 100 years in the future.

NOW is when we write the future.

JUDE!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Remember this?

Predator drone helps convict North Dakota farmer in first case of its kind

In the first-ever case of a U.S. citizen being convicted and sentenced to prison based in part on evidence gathered by a drone, Lakota, N.D., farmer Rodney Brossart got a three-year sentence for his role in an armed standoff with police that began after he was accused of stealing his neighbors' stray cattle in 2011.

They called it a brave new world of law enforcement officials. Go figure. This will easily evolve into what your OP is putting forth. When officers deem a situation too hostile, they'll call in air support to neutralize the target while claiming it prevents lives from being put at risk. Talk about unfair advantage.

The case could prove significant, because Brossart's attorney tried unsuccessfully to have the terrorizing charges related to his standoff with police dropped because evidence was gathered by the drone without a search warrant specifically allowing for it.

The lesson is, this guy's an idiot and that if you don't cooperate with a search warrant, you may have drones sent to monitor your every move until they can catch you in an illegal act. You aren't even likely to have known you've been caught until they come in guns blazing.

Link

Just the soft start my friend.

Next...

JUDE!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

So we're graduating from no knock warrants to no house Hellfires.
Can't wait for the cops to rain down hell on a suspected criminal only to find out that they had the wrong address...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No need to shoot them out of the sky. If people would just get tech smart!

Scan the band, then transmit your favorite music over that frequency and watch the drones dance! Really, what do you have to worry about, the F.C.C.?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Everybody here has heard me complain about drones for years. First they're only for surveillance, next it's non-lethal weapons and finally you-know-how-it-ends. Yet we sit here like deer in the headlights waiting for the disaster we know is coming.

Not that we have any say in this other than our right to protest, pepper sprayed, beaten and arrested.

Armed drones overhead are a gun to the head of every single person living below.
I find that unacceptable and I pray you do too.

We are such a hopeful and forgiving people to not use our 2nd Amendment rights to their full measure.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
I want one of these for home protection...

Just sell your soul to the devil and become part of the .0001%.
Then you get to play with entire armies of these fun toys.
Take over real countries!
Blow real ship up! Kill living, breathing human beings!
Get total obedience and control over the filthy masses of wretched humanity!

Best part is you can control them from the comfort of your living room couch.
No messy blood to ruin your golf shoes.
No stench of death to spoil your 4 star dining.
No sounds of screaming babies newly orphaned courtesy of Raytheon.

If those were your toys wouldn't you want to use them?
Be honest now.....

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Oh come on, i bet if you people were around 1920 you would be complaining of the pesky cops getting cars... Technology advance and pigs advance with it, do the evolution too and start developing home made jamming devices and instead of complain thanks the cops for that free drone + gun

If Iran can do it, any teenager with access to radioshack can

Radioshack is a memory. There are zones where radios are useless. The radio market did become strangled on many sides. Neopolice are cutting communication to the non police/public. Tech giants are buying abandoned bandwidths.
Repeat: Police have severed public access to all police chatter monitoring in broad midwestern areas.
They use encrypted digital, which means eventually you will be subject to prosecution subject to laws just for hearing them, or having data which would allow for this. A lot to think on, and a huge step for 'them'.

Certainly drones have a tracking device, erm, ''particles' which must be dismantled. The trouble is that I do not really want to play this game. And just think of all that electricity that will be utilized just to keep stuff that's heavier and heavier with ordnance up in the air. So that's where it's supposed to go. All that solar energy and it's taxed raincoat turned to weapons. Hmmm.

Any yahoo could assemble these. Probably they will turn the sky into a fine mesh grid of mind snapping signals and identification reconnaissance. Yawn. The possibilities are endless. Should they be?

It helps if you recall that Mr Wang owns all airspace in the Chiang May province between 1,500 and 15 feet.

# 410
edit on 5-4-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

edit on 5-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Everybody here has heard me complain about drones for years. First they're only for surveillance, next it's non-lethal weapons and finally you-know-how-it-ends. Yet we sit here like deer in the headlights waiting for the disaster we know is coming.

Not that we have any say in this other than our right to protest, pepper sprayed, beaten and arrested.

Armed drones overhead are a gun to the head of every single person living below.
I find that unacceptable and I pray you do too.

We are such a hopeful and forgiving people to not use our 2nd Amendment rights to their full measure.

I agree with you and I remember a few conversations in threads a couple years back. A few of us called it but not many were listening.

Jude11

top topics

<< 1   >>

join