It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynard Skynard Drummer dies in car crash.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bob Burns

Ok it's not the biggest loss we have had this year but these were a great band and he was a good drummer.

For those that think they do not know this band this may make you realise that you do.

They did a lot more but this is there second most popular song and theres some good drumming here.

Rolling Stone

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
R.I.P BOB.
Another good'un passes by.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

Im actually a bit confused right now as I'm unsure If he was the drummer on freebird and Sweet home Alabama or not?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Those guys have some serious transportation issues.

Are there even any original members left or were they on Tracy Morgan's bus?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I don't know who Tracy morgan is but 3 of them died in a plane crash in the 70's

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah, he played on both.
All the best
B. V. Ha reply to: nonspecific

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

From your source.

struck a mailbox and a tree with the front of the vehicle. Read more: www.rollingstone.com... Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

That's a strange coincidence you are familiar with the meaning behind this song aren't you? I'll give you a hint, " Oaktree you're in my way".

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're right , I already though they were all dead in road accidents. Anyway, there stage sound was always very good, to me that makes the difference, I've heard The Stones and the Who live amongst others and they were dire.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sad news

Rock Legends Cruise 2 fans were treated to history being made as original Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Bob Burns sitting in the Artimus Pyle Band playing "Sweet Home Alabama"

Rock on Bob.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Lol I was just about to say the same thing.

If I was a member of the band I would be walking everywhere now.

Sad news though, Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of my favorite bands.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have to say Abe that I find your supposed humour in not just this but other thread in very poor taste.

Take this as a gentle warning and take it as you may.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

tracy morgan was on SNL for while and then that show 30 rock with tina fey.....his tour bus was hit by a guy who fell asleep while driving a big walmart delivery van...horrible accident, tracy's comedian friend died in the bus..and tracy was very badly injured.

sad that the drummer died

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

tracy morgan was on SNL for while and then that show 30 rock with tina fey.....his tour bus was hit by a guy who fell asleep while driving a big walmart delivery van...horrible accident, tracy's comedian friend died in the bus..and tracy was very badly injured.

sad that the drummer died

Yes thank you I googled it. I found Abe's post in very poor taste and not for the first time unfortunatley.

Great band great drummer, sad loss.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Damn man,that's sad news..Lynard Skynard is one of my favorite bands..Nothin like opening a bottle of Jim beam,and taking shots with Skynard playing in the background..Loved Bob Burns workin the mca drum track.That's one of my fave Skynard tunes.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sad news. He was a fairly low key kinda guy. He would sign an autograph if you really wanted one on the condition that you didn't make a fuss about it and out him when he was in public. And that you didn't talk a about the plane crash as it always brought him down. He did like discussing music and bands in general. I never asked him his thoughts on 38 Special as I didn't want to open any wounds there.

Yeah saw him a few times back in the early 90's. Never saw him play though.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join