It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell us about your kit ATS Rock out with your tech out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So reminded me of this;

Worst part? I saw the film.

*puts on his dark tanning oil*

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
3 old VHS shoulder mounted camcorders

I had almost forgotten completely about those.

nostalgia overload, looks like a helmet.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am typing from this:

hackaday.io...
6 video cards, different OS out of each

And am working on this:

hackaday.io...
Runs SteamOS, Win7 (or 8), and Android KitKat.

Plus a ton of off the shelf stuff, switches, HP DL360, IBM Bladecenter, phones, etc

I'm trying to get the Gaming Console to market, sign up at Hackaday and give it a Skull if you think it's cool. I'm also trying to get to GameCon in Galveston Texas this summer with a few systems for gamers to bang on. While you're there check out all the other cool projects.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Server: Quad socket (Tyan) Opteron 6320 (8 core) 32 core total, 32GB EEC Reg, 4TB
Main system: i5 3450, 16GB, 3TB storage, 250GB SSD, Radeon R9 280x

Oculus Rift

Nexus 7 tablet

Asus tablet

Nexus 4 phone

Samsung Galaxy S5 phone (for work)
80Mb/20Mb fibre

802.11ac router with 4 802.11ac repeaters

Dell colour laser

Canon 915 colour inkjet

Canon scanner

2 laptops, one Samsung, one HP, both core i3 with 8GB RAM

42" Monitor, 24" Monitor with 144hz, 17" on the server.

2 Gigabit 8 port switches, 1 x 48 Port Gigabit switch

Snapgear (McAfee) hardware firewall / VPN

Nikon D3200 DSLR

Various point and shoot cameras

JVC camcorder

3 old VHS shoulder mounted camcorders

Atari VCS2600

Burns Brian May red special guitar and VOX AC30 amp.

It appears you are living my life woogle.

Please pm me to arrange swop, I will let you keep one of the laptops.

Regards,

Nonspecific.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My wonderful Kindle Fire v1 and the 99 buck Walmart Straight Talk phone...

Now what...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Here's one of the beasties, this is the larger one......weighs a ton with the battery on (and the VHS in lol)

ETA: Yes, I had to get the Oculus Rift and VCS2600 in the shot (chuckles)
edit on 3/4/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A mid spec gaming desktop -
AMD X4 3.2ghz, 8GB @ 1600mhz, GTX-550ti.
Display is a BENQ GL2440 @ 1080p.
Logitech G-19s & G9x laser.

Lenovo Ideapad. Hasn't been booted in a year or 2, needs a battery.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, & a basic Nokia stereo bluetooth headset BH-503.

Play music at home through a 500W Sony Muteki GTK-X1BT. It's loud & pretty.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a robot

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I'm a bit like Purp - I too have a computer, it sits on a desk and has a keyboard.

I swapped it for a couple of walking sticks. The first was hawthorn, cut from a previously flailed bush (Massey Ferguson, about 10 years ago. The regrowth is uncharacteristically straight in these circumstances) at a wood i used to work in and cut (over-long) with a folding saw that i bought from Lidl for a fiver. I seasoned it for 2 years, laying flat under the bed so it would remain straight, and provide a nice home for spiders while annoying the mrs. It was debarked with a Number 9 Opinel, or Mora Craftline, i forget which, and then sanded with 80, 120 and 180 grit before being soaked in warm water to bring out the grain again, and sanded once more with 120 and 180 grit. The process was repeated and them i went to 240, 300 and 400 grit before doing the soaking procedure again with these higher grits, and repeated 3 more times before hitting the wire wool and soaking again. When finally oiled, it looked indecently gorgeous and felt like glass.

The other stick was a bit more complex, but i think i have made my point

Oh, my phone is a mobile one. The Mrs gave it to me as she was so embarrassed by my previous one which was supposedly inadequate as it could still make calls and send messages in-spite of the dents and peeling paint.

I have a telly too, one of those new-fangled ones with a remote control, though for the life of me i cant work out how to make it drive around the living room and do doughnuts.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hot stuff, eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Hot stuff, eh?

Is that the one with 2800fsb and 432mh side repeating grd's?

Nice kit man.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

You have an armed robot. That looks pretty cool. What sort of brain? An arduino?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

To be honest I could not afford some of my kit if I had not built it myself from salvaged parts purchased on ebay. The backscatter device for instance. Made from parts cobbled together not purchased from a manufacturer. I was in the prototype fabrication business for many years. Now I mostly fabricate by outsourcing.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

my laptop spec is

Windows 8.1 64-bit
AMD A4-6210 APU with
AMD Radeon R3 graphics
8.0GB RAM

it's all technobabble to me.

oh and my xbox is a lowly 360. i want an xbox 1 gtaV bundle.
edit on R2015th2015-04-04T14:08:24-05:0020150pm934 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What a setup! I would like to know what software(s) you use for monitoring all of that equipment. I would also like to know what plugin(s) you use for your web browser(s). The reason is obviously to sport that much tech, you must be an intelligent individual. Perhaps sharing some of that info could improve the browsing experience for your fellow ATS members? Nice thread, thank you for sharing it.

I don't have a lot with regards to tech. Portable or at home. I have one personal computer, and I don't even own a smartphone as of yet. I actually only have 1 app that I am interested in with regards to a smart phone, and that's called Think Dirty. I asked them the other day to release a Windows or Linux compatible version, and haven't heard from them yet. I may be required to get a "smart" phone in the near future, but I will put it off as long as I can!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The thing is that I think Moore's law has almost gotten exhausted for current methods of using silicon. I can't wait until we start seeing the new graphene chips that I've been hearing about. That will be akin from the move from unicore cpu's to multicore. Also, because of the heat dissipation of grahpene, imagine the overclocking that those setups will allow, if the firmware will allow custom clocks... I will be waiting about 5 years to upgrade, because that's when I think we will start seeing that tech hit the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

You have an armed robot. That looks pretty cool. What sort of brain? An arduino?

Ah, that was just a pose. It works but obviously its a little top heavy so I don't usually have a gun on it. Its a work in progress for sure. I used Phidgets for this one. Its a single board with 6 usb ports and sensing inputs running Linux...but all the code is run from my Windows laptop. I can run code right on it but haven't gotten to it yet. I have lots of plans but its a tedious project. I have a couple of distance sensors, a GPS, an accelerometer, a little router, video camera, a servo controller for steering and the pan and tilt camera mount, a motor controller to run the front and back motors. Currently, I am working on a charging station and I have some solar panels that I will probably use at some point. I spend most of my time trying to figure out how to get everything squeezed in that little space without burning down my house.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I used Phidgets for this one. Its a single board with 6 usb ports and sensing inputs running Linux.

Thanks for the resource, I had not shopped these folks as yet. I see a few things I want already. I am really into 3D printing and between my friends and I we can build what ever we can't source.

I remember the old days 10 years or so ago. When we wanted to build a prototype board we were masking with an iron and etching and plating by hand in make shift equipment, drilling boards with a Dremel press. We use that stuff on occasion but drilling and etching PC boards is work better done by robots.

I failed to mention our CNC machines but I do not keep them at home, they stay in the shop.

<< 1   >>

join