It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell us about your kit ATS Rock out with your tech out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was thinking yesterday how much tech I sport on a normal day out doing my thing. I now carry with me on a regular day, 10 CPU cores, 1.5 TB of data storage, 12 GB of RAM between my 3 main devices, 4 high definition cameras, 3 stereo microphones, 6 stereo speakers, 2 GPS/GLONASS receivers, 6 Bluetooth devices, 2 touch screen input devices, high speed mobile data access point, 3 WiFi network devices, 1 x 17.3" display, 1 x 10" display, 1 x 7" display. This is just my mobile tech. Battery and solar charging system power it all.

It was not that long ago that I would have thought that this was way more than the average guy like me could possibly use. I was wrong. I use all of it nearly to its capacity.

My home kit is far more expanded. At the house/office I have an 8 foot diagonal main display, 2 x 42" displays, numerous 19" displays, 1 color laser printer, 2 ink jet MFS printers, 1 black laser printer, 1 x 3D printer. I have lots of other tech/kit but this is the things I use everyday. I also monitor much of the energy spectrum. In Star Trek terms it would be called sensors. I typically monitor from the audio spectrum to the fast neutron spectrum. I do not have the capacity to record all of it but I have alerts in various spectrum of interest and can record data on command.

I also have microscopic data capture down to 1400X and telescopic cameras up to 70X. FLIR, LIDAR, X-ray back-scatter, various chemical sensors, magnetometers, gravity meters, what can I say? I grew up in front of the TV watching Star Trek so I sort of expected these things and obtained them over the years as I could.

Tell us about your kit/tech. What do you use on a regular basis and what use do you put it to?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I have a laptop..

purp..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Come on, you don't also have a cell phone? I also broke down my total CPUs, memory and microphones, and other devices embedded in my main devices. It is something most people do not consider. Like your laptop. It is not just one device. It is a number of devices integrated into one package. Thanks for sharing but you should articulate the total package. Most of us do not think about it because the tech has become ubiquitous.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ty for reply. You are a little more tech savvy than me. Thats all i have is laptop not really sure what cpu is inside it though...

purp..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I got a fender strat , ibanez , 2 esp . All refitted with pickups . I run that in to front of my mesa boogie mark 5 and a eventide eclipse for sound effects. I got a mesa cab clone that i run into my intrument interface / mixer right into my computer for recording .. rocking out with my tech indeed

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Its funny but most people have no idea that their laptop is sporting 2 to 4 CPU cores running at 1.2-2.6 GHz. They have a half terabyte drive or more for storage and 2-8GB of memory on board. Those numbers are the average and it is many fold what they were likely carrying around less than 5 years ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

Nice, thanks for sharing. Most of us have input devices but not everyone has devices for music input.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have a desktop computer that is comprised of a AMD Athlon II x2 245. It has 7Gb of ram with Nvidia GeForce GTX650 graphic card. All this shows up on either a Hanns-G 21" monitor or a 42"Insignia LCD monitor. For fun I have a Printrbot Simple Metal with heated bed 3D printer.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I have a laptop..

purp..

same here. oh and my xbox.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Personally what I'm using right now is the hub of my creative endeavors. I don't have the multiple screens or and endless number of peripherals but there is a lotta power under this hood and I have the tools to keep me occupied when I have the time.

I've made Mods for Elder scrolls games, created and recorded songs using Audacity and other programs, and even tried my hand at creating a game from scratch (with the appropriate tools of course) but they don't test the hardware one bit. This laptop might be a beast ( 2gig VRAM, 8 gig RAM, CPU running @ 2.9) and I could easily turn it into an electronic ensuite, but I also have a guitar and it costs money to maintain.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Surface Pro 3 (core i7 processor, 8MB) with 256 GB on-board solid state memory.

I have it docked at a docking station, and use a separate 24" monitor much of the time while at my desk, but use the surface's monitor when I use it elsewhere. Although, I have a dongle that allows me to also view it through my 55" TV, if I want (but I rarely do).

And an iPhone 5.

edit on 4/3/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have a computer. Everyone in the house has a computer, there are kindles and some other kind of tablet here too. I used to be a computer nerd when computers were expensive, it saved money. Now, who cares, they are cheap and building one saves no money. I now try to save money looking for deals on toilet paper and paper towels.

I don't even have a cell phone anymore, when everyone started getting them I gave mine up. We have one eighteen year old cordless phone that works great in our house and another young cordless phone that is only about ten years old. that The rest of our phones are older than my kids who are in their thirties. I even have two that are older than me that are in use.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My kit has shaving cream, razor, nail clippers, toothbrush and toothpaste.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

I used the term Kit for our Canadian, British, Australian ATSers. They make up I estimate nearly 40% of ATS members. For them Tech and Kit are roughly equivalent in meaning. I also have a shaving kit for travel. I did not break that down since it is pretty common stuff and pre-electronic era for the most part.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I know why you used the term kit I just wanted to give you the business.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Are you kidding? Wow. No Methane sensor????

I am kidding of course. A 1400x microscope at home? Backscatter? That stuff isn't cheap. What's next? A full scale Enterprise bridge setup?

I thought my PTZ webcam network was cool but clearly I need more gear.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Intel i7 4770k cpu
GTX 770 2gb gpu
16gb ram
2tb hdd (don't know the specifics)
Bluray disk drive (bluray is read only, the rest is read and write)

My rig is a beast!

I use it for gaming, video editing, photo editting, music editing/recording/mixing, programming/coding (game development), browsing ATS, and all normal computer stuff!

I have 2 monitors.

Left monitor is 23 inch, right monitor is 21.5 inch (both AOC monitors). M replacing the bigger one soon because it lacks in color.

I have a razor naga (2012 or 13 I think) as a mouse, and a Blackwidow Ultimate as my keyboard. Going to get a Blackwidow chroma soon

My speakers are Harmon Soundsticks (wireless Bluetooth ones). Wow these things sound beautiful. Best speakers ever.

To the left of my 23 inch monitor is my laptop.

i5
8gb ram
1tb hdd
Integrated gpu.

Minus the integrated gpu, I love this laptop. I can play games like Skyrim (very low settings though due to integrated gpu), and do some heavy computing tasks (video editting, programming, etc).

Then next to my laptop is my PS4

My PS4 is connected to my 21.5 inch monitor Wheneve I want to play.

But yeah that's a general explanation of my tech!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

nerd much? one 15 year old dell, with windows xp, ( i know, i got my eye on a hp with windows 7 next), and a tracphone with 90 days and 300 roll over mins.

other than that
shotgun, rifle, and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have a Commodore 64.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Server: Quad socket (Tyan) Opteron 6320 (8 core) 32 core total, 32GB EEC Reg, 4TB
Main system: i5 3450, 16GB, 3TB storage, 250GB SSD, Radeon R9 280x

Oculus Rift

Nexus 7 tablet

Asus tablet

Nexus 4 phone

Samsung Galaxy S5 phone (for work)
80Mb/20Mb fibre

802.11ac router with 4 802.11ac repeaters

Dell colour laser

Canon 915 colour inkjet

Canon scanner

2 laptops, one Samsung, one HP, both core i3 with 8GB RAM

42" Monitor, 24" Monitor with 144hz, 17" on the server.

2 Gigabit 8 port switches, 1 x 48 Port Gigabit switch

Snapgear (McAfee) hardware firewall / VPN

Nikon D3200 DSLR

Various point and shoot cameras

JVC camcorder

3 old VHS shoulder mounted camcorders

Atari VCS2600

Burns Brian May red special guitar and VOX AC30 amp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join