It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Leaders Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

daft question.

How about we vote for a leader, aka Cameron, Milliband, Clegg, Wood, Sturgeon, Farrage etc etc rather than this Constituency BS, how about we count all the votes and say ........ hey, you got the most votes Mr / Mrs whoever .......... you're in, do us proud cos we voted for you

Or ........ perhaps we could count the votes say for a Constituency of 5,000000 people and say ......... licks finger ...... one

Then count the votes for two rural constituencies consisting of 3000 people ........... licks finger ... two

Man United 1 ...... Newcastle United 2 ................ haha ......... winner

British Politics at its best, i'm pretty sure everyone would be cancelling their subscription to sky sports if it worked that way

Yet we live with it, go figure

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

daft question.

How about we vote for a leader, aka Cameron, Milliband, Clegg, Wood, Sturgeon, Farrage etc etc rather than this Constituency BS, how about we count all the votes and say ........ hey, you got the most votes Mr / Mrs whoever .......... you're in, do us proud cos we voted for you

Or ........ perhaps we could count the votes say for a Constituency of 5,000000 people and say ......... licks finger ...... one

Then count the votes for two rural constituencies consisting of 3000 people ........... licks finger ... two

British Politics at its best, i'm pretty sure everyone would be cancelling their subscription to sky sports if it worked that way

Yet we live with it, go figure

Replying to your own question and calling it daft...That's a new one, even for ATS..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

hehe, someone has to be first

Respect my friend

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

replying to myself again

I Fkn hate politics ........ you may have worked that one out though, taarraa

Not in a Cilla Black accent ................ in a Geordie accent .............. dont want to get us both mixed up, although i did like Cilla
edit on 2015-04-04T11:24:31-05:002015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 11:24:31 -0500bSaturday2404America/Chicago1511 by corblimeyguvnor because: cilla black

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

British Politics may be crazy, but not so crazy as Man U 1 .... Newcastle 2.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Representation on a seat by seat basis usually ensures that the party with the most seats gets into office.

Now, this isn't the best policy, but it really does make the most sense. Giving the ruling Prime Minister the authority in Parliament to pass laws just makes good common sense.

What doesn't make sense is the US system, where they have elections half way through a President's term, and usually end up taking away their power to pass bills in The House from the sitting President. Then the public get upset that despite them being the ones who took that power away, the President can't get anything done.

Keeping Parliament in place with the ruling Prime Minister for the whole term makes so much more sense.

That being said, I really wish that the media would stop reporting national polls. National polls don't make one iota of difference in a seat by seat election.

It's the same in the United States, they keep reporting on national polls in an election, when it's not a national vote, it's a state by state vote for the Electoral College, which THEN selects the President.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: CJCrawley

It was better in 2010 with the three leaders but I would have also included Farage as he keeps them on their toes!

Like it or not, Farage is the leader of a party that will get a huge percentage of the vote in May. Farage deserves to be included, no matter the ridiculousness of his ideas for the country.

If UKIP gets elected, the United Kingdom deserves what it gets for putting such asinine fools in charge. If I were an immigrant after such an occurrence, I'd be bailing immediately.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: CJCrawley

It was better in 2010 with the three leaders but I would have also included Farage as he keeps them on their toes!

Like it or not, Farage is the leader of a party that will get a huge percentage of the vote in May. Farage deserves to be included, no matter the ridiculousness of his ideas for the country.

If UKIP gets elected, the United Kingdom deserves what it gets for putting such asinine fools in charge. If I were an immigrant after such an occurrence, I'd be bailing immediately.

If Farage gets elected i can see Powel's Rivers of Blood speech come true.but back to the real world..The Racist Bigots wont get anywhere near enough votes, Christ they dont have one UK Member of Parliament yet.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yes they do....... Douglas Carswell
edit on 5.4.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Erm, amazingly, they've got two.......Carswell and Mark Reckless. Both are typical politician c*cks.

And I'm sorry for the childish use of the word c*cks.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I Sit corrected.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

It wouldn't just be immigrants who bail, it'd be anyone with a braincell. The party can't get a single figure right and blame everything from the weather and nhs on gays and immigrants while completely making up stats and poicy on the spot.

Anyone with sense would be looking to flee the inevitable chaos, though as they're going to lose the only seats they have this isn't a realistic scenario.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

It wouldn't just be immigrants who bail, it'd be anyone with a braincell. The party can't get a single figure right and blame everything from the weather and nhs on gays and immigrants while completely making up stats and poicy on the spot.

Anyone with sense would be looking to flee the inevitable chaos, though as they're going to lose the only seats they have this isn't a realistic scenario.

Yeah, Turns out his Racist rant about stats on HIV Immigrants was a tad over egged as well, by double. More Farage BS

Anyone who votes for this balloon needs their medication upped. Seriously Upped.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Can't stand UKIP but have to concede they've done a great job of capitalising on all the division and misplaced resentment the tories have stirred up. I also think that Farage did a pretty good job of keeping the bureaucrats on their toes in Brussels instead of being a grovelling sycophant so as an opposition leader he may not be so bad, as PM though; jeez it would be an absolute nightmare. I would definitely make moves to leave the country if that ever happened.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Farage is so much a pain in the arse, a pilot having enough of his BS on what was a 10 minute flight, decided, #### this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join