It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Considering Orbital Laser to Fight Pollution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The idea has actually been around for a LONG time, Asimov proposed it back in '41. Popular Science ran articles about how such systems would look back in the late 70's and early 80's, using geostationary solar power collectors in space beaming the energy back to Earth via microwaves/lasers.

The only reason this hasn't happened is the robber barons in control of the energy sector wouldn't get their massive profit margins off such a system they way they can with coal.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I doubt an orbital laser is the best way to fight pollution, I think nanotech and biotech may be better.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You may want to learn the difference between desert and dessert before you go calling other people retards.

As far as the OP...we (the human race, not China) definitely need to do something to get cleaner energy. If that works and is efficient/cost effective enough and not dangerous, I'm all for it.

:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I doubt an orbital laser is the best way to fight pollution, I think nanotech and biotech may be better.

How's that? Treat you for lung disease at very high cost?

The best way to fight pollution is to stop polluting. But in China, like other places, that gets in the way of powerful people's extremely large paychecks.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Maybe China should consider stopping the destruction of the ground and sky they live and walk on. They put money above all else including freedom and safety. They are a corporate oligarchy in reality not communist.

They put stories out like this to keep the people believing in them all the while laughing behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think an orbital laser could very well be used for defence purposes as well as sabotoge.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Is there any defence against an orbital laser?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19188951]eisegesis[/postI'd love to see how they're going to launch deploy that bad boy.

They won't launch the whole thing at once. No launch vehicle has that capacity yet. What they will do his launch it in stages and then assemble it in space. It's the same way the ISS was constructed.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Vdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg

originally posted by: [post=19188951]eisegesis[/postI'd love to see how they're going to launch deploy that bad boy.

They won't launch the whole thing at once. No launch vehicle has that capacity yet. What they will do his launch it in stages and then assemble it in space. It's the same way the ISS was constructed.

I am wondering if there will be multiple lasers deployed into space by China?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Like the "PEACEFUL" ICBM tech they got from Clinton who transferred tech for their space program( An unprosecuted act of treason),a FOOL would only believe they wouldn't try to take the high ground, although I think we covertly HAVE that anyway.
AND before my slower progressive family attenpt to say they should MATCH us with parity I REMIND you we haven't tried to destroy other nations with it...its an ACE in the hole as a defense beyond MAD. If such tech exists.
If the US threw ALL of it's technical might into a fight in a fully declared war, I do believe the world would be shocked and terrified by what we could actually do.
edit on 29-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A stealth nuke would be effective.
I doubt they would get that far and it would be monitored I'm sure.
Can you IMAGINE an orbital SEAL mission to sabotage a large orbital industrial system?
I would wonder at their ability to create ANY advanced weapon on their own outside of aquisition from espiange or theving anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

A stealth nuke would be effective.
I doubt they would get that far and it would be monitored I'm sure.
Can you IMAGINE an orbital SEAL mission to sabotage a large orbital industrial system?
I would wonder at their ability to create ANY advanced weapon on their own outside of aquisition from espiange or theving anyway.

LOL an orbital seal mission really? Do you know how impossibly silly that would be?

More like a group of micro stealth satellites that destroy other satellites essential areas on command.
edit on 29-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If they actually construct it and it proves to be hostile,a way to damage it might be called upon so the culprit can't be Identified,but you might be correct however, the Airforce would no doubt have the personel for that.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
SO i wonder if this laser would be able to destroy space junk too?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
First time I visited China in 97 I was claustrophobic from the pollution.
I could look directly at the sun without squinting and never once saw a sky.

Anything that works! But I get Doctor Evil vibe from China's "Frickin Laser Beam" plans.

I have a buddy who came back and said the air pollution was like nothing he has ever seen, and he travels the world for a living. They have to do something to fix it soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join