It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Lawmakers want to ban Palcohol.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Michigan lawmakers want to ban the sale of Palcohol. What's next? Alcohol itself? How about banning powdered laundry detergent because surely if you snort enough of it, you will die.

I don't really think we need these lawmakers to "protect" us with their laws. They are not our parents. It isn't any of their business what I drink and if I want to mix up a powdered drink cocktail I should be allowed.

What do you think?

Source

LANSING, MI -- Legislators in two chambers and on both sides of the political aisle are looking to stop the sale of powdered alcohol, known as 'Palcohol,' in Michigan.

In the Senate, Sen. Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge, has introduced SB 0240, which also bans the sale, use and possession of powdered alcohol. He has 23 co-sponsors from both sides of the aisle, which represents a majority of the 38-member Senate.

Jones said he'd seen many young people die of alcohol poisoning in his time as a sheriff, and thinks these types of deaths would increase if powdered alcohol were allowed to be sold in Michigan.

"This product is marketing flavors that appeal to kids, like 'lemon drop,' and young children might not be able to distinguish between a powdered alcohol packet and one for Kool-Aid," Jones said. "I am also concerned that someone could be victimized by a predator who slips this product into the person's drink - greatly increasing its alcohol content

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Several states have already banned it is expected most states will follow.

Freeze dried alcohol concentrate, what could possible go wrong?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm all for States' rights, if the people in Michigan really want it to be legal they will pressure their lawmakers to make it legal.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I agree with you. We have ENOUGH laws. They believe it is their purpose to legislate everything in our lives because us sheeple don't know any better.

As far as Palcohol, it is not as dangerous as the liquid form.

The fact they feel we need protection from it is due to their ignorance about it.

Or maybe they just see it as another way to control us.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think they should ban it. It would be hard to regulate and it could be dangerous.

We can buy booze and alcohol here, it is not like we need to have it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

It is not 'freeze dried alcohol', it is alcohol that is absorbed in a medium. Alcohol is a liquid, you can not 'freeze dry' it

Watch the video I posted above.

And some worry about it being snorted. It would take about a 1/2 cup of palcohol to equal about 1 mixed drink. Try snorting a 1/2 cup of anything. I would rather just do a shot.

It is far more effective to just DRINK the alcohol. And as far as being easier to sneak in, it would be far easier to sneak in a high proof liquid.

It is amazing the myths being spouted about this stuff.

As far as being 'concentrated' alcohol, that is another myth. 90 proof vodka is FAR more concentrated than palcohol.

edit on 4 1 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thanks for the video, had not seen that.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Your welcome

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

that video is junk. You need someone to tell you its bad before they explain it?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

States have free reign to control those substances. The failure of the 18th Amendment was it was Federal and not an individual state. As per the 10th Amendment, that which isn't given to the Federal Government in terms of control/authority, is retained by the States and the People respectively.
edit on 1-4-2015 by ownbestenemy because: Fat fingered the 8 with a 9. Fixed

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

that video is junk. You need someone to tell you its bad before they explain it?

What? I really have no idea what you are saying? What was 'junk' about the video?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The Palcohol that will be released is not snortable to start with. You would have to snort an ounce to get a little buzz if you don't bleed to death first. Bunch of junk

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

watch a few pro-palcohol videos before you decide please

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I think we are on the same side here. I agree with what you say.

Maybe you miss understood what I was saying, I'm not sure.

The guy in the video agrees with what you say. Did you watch the whole thing? That was the point of it, pointing out that the whole thing about snorting and such is ridiculous.

Maybe you just saw the girl, which he used as an example of ignorance on the subject.
I am not against palcohol

edit on 4 1 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes we do agree, yet I would not post that video because of the first impression. There are better videos to produce the effect of what you are trying to influence

ETA: if someone were to only watch half of the video they may be influenced to make a prejudice decision
edit on 1-4-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: anton74

It is not 'freeze dried alcohol', it is alcohol that is absorbed in a medium. Alcohol is a liquid, you can not 'freeze dry' it

Watch the video I posted above.

And some worry about it being snorted. It would take about a 1/2 cup of palcohol to equal about 1 mixed drink. Try snorting a 1/2 cup of anything. I would rather just do a shot.

It is far more effective to just DRINK the alcohol. And as far as being easier to sneak in, it would be far easier to sneak in a high proof liquid.

It is amazing the myths being spouted about this stuff.

As far as being 'concentrated' alcohol, that is another myth. 90 proof vodka is FAR more concentrated than palcohol.

I'm aware of that and I'm also aware of the fact that this gimmick has been around since the 1970's. If there is a way to misuse this product or abuse it, some college students will find it.

It seems they have added some fillers to prevent snorting.

If I can get my hands on some I'll find out about ways to misuse in the name of science.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I know its funny no? They seem to ban all these substances all the time. Yet that has never stooped them from entering the state or markets so that even school kids have access to them, the only thing the war on drugs has ever done is just drive up prices and profits for the sellers and distributors.

I really dont know what to say other then its a lose lose situation, other for those making money off these sort of things. So even if all states ban it, that does not necessarily mean it wont be around anymore. But if people are stupid enough to be taking some of this stuff, well never underestimate the power of human stupidity, its more powerful then any drug, and I also think its transmitted by air from person to person, definitely a viral contingent.

top topics

join