It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: No Regrets About Lying To American People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Do you really think Harry fell off some exercise equipment at home? He was pretty messed up. I think someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well of course he has no regrets .. after all politicians make their living lying to people .. the only thing theyd regret is having to tell the truth ... which will never happen as politicians are incapable of telling the truth about anything ..
edit on 1/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I hope whoever gave him round 1 comes back for round 2.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He is one selfish ####### . Come on, how he can be proud of himself?
It's rather sad that there are people like him in so high places.
I'm sure he is one of many...others just don't dare to admit it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They really don't care what we think. Bureaucrats like him will never admit to fault. I find it highly disrespectful that people like Harry Reid can get involved in scandals and then fail to apologize or take any sort of responsibility. They think it's all cool.

REALLY gets my blood boiling. Just got a great idea randomly though - tell everyone in Congress that they are going on a "retreat", but they don't know where. Get them liquored up on the flight over. Then we dump them at the starting line of the Running of the Bulls. Voila.

Boy, what I would PAY to see that

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Apparently, a rule actually exists which says that anything the majority leader says from the podium on the Senate floor, is immune to legal prosecution for slander. Reid often took advantage of this loophole to slander many.

When the founders included the “Speech or Debate” clause in the U.S. Constitution, they wanted to protect members of Congress from the whims of any outside tyrant who might abuse the power of his office to harass, control or destroy his political enemies.

Today, in this putrid era of Senate history, we realize it was a gross oversight that the founders did not extend such protections to ordinary private citizens from members of Congress. Even in their deep cynicism about the human nature of politicians, the founders apparently never dreamed that a man like Majority Leader Harry Reid would one day control the U.S. Senate.

The specific purpose of Article 1, Section 6, of the Constitution was to ensure that lawmakers could carry out their duties in Congress without being delayed, arrested or jailed on trumped-up charges by political enemies.

Further, “for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.”

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 1-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It is not a lie if you say something you believe to be true. Reid had every reason to believe that Romney did not need to pay income tax, since most of his income comes from non-taxable investments. Why should he regret telling the public something he believed to be true?

Oh, wait! You know he did not say "I do not regret lying to the American people." What does that make you for implying that he did?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

As I've previously stated regarding Hillary and her disregard for law, why would he regret? His desires far outweigh the desires of the common people. It's this way with 99% (if not all) politicians past and present. They'll do whatever is necessary to ensure their interests are looked after, even if this means lying or otherwise screwing over those they supposedly work for (the people).

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is not a lie if you say something you believe to be true. Reid had every reason to believe that Romney did not need to pay income tax, since most of his income comes from non-taxable investments. Why should he regret telling the public something he believed to be true?

Oh, wait! You know he did not say "I do not regret lying to the American people." What does that make you for implying that he did?

I suppose that makes me someone reporting what Reid said on CNN.
...But thanks for your enthusiastic defense of Harry Reid.
edit on 1-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: edit

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No surprise.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DJW001

I suppose that makes me someone reporting what Reid said on CNN.
...But thanks for your enthusiastic defense of Harry Reid.

I am not defending Harry Reid, I am attacking the hypocrisy of lying about what he said. What Reid said about Romney turned out to not to be true, but it didn't matter since Romney turned it to his advantage. Reid pointed out that Romney lost anyway.

Why is your source deliberately misrepresenting what Reid said?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Reid's words and responses speak for themselves...he chose them. You're entitled to you own interpretation of the CNN story, as am I.
In that, we both apparently share Voltaire's sentiments.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Govt is the issue. Has little to do with the R or D. It is Progressives...It is people that want to control others.

It is the Federal Govt that lies, and people within it that lie with no recourse in punishing actions.

Reid is a turd of the highest order. His corruption has made him and his son millions, all on the tax payer dime.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So you know personally he thought it to be true??

And this is all info Reid gathered from the IRS "legally" right.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
I would like to thank whoever gave Harry Reid that first class a$$ whipping. I would like to think there was a little of that whipping from all of us in that beating. Exercise equipment mishap, yeah right ha ha.
Yeah there's no doubt that he lied about how he received his injuries. That was clearly an azzkicking. What a POS.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Harry Reid has to be one of the biggest turds to ever exist in D.C, and that is saying a lot. Never in my life have I witnessed such a gutless weasel and pathetic excuse for a Man. His recent battered face was obviously the result of his shady dealings, and now the dunce doesn't want to end up in some canal deceased. Good riddance you puke bag. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation
I agree! We as a nation should be outraged that someone would attack an American lawmaker like that, but as dishonest and corrupt as they all have become we cheer on the attacker. It speaks volume to what has become of this great nation.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
I agree!

With what, you never mentioned exactly what you agreed with me about?

We as a nation should be outraged that someone would attack an American lawmaker like that, but as dishonest and corrupt as they all have become we cheer on the attacker.

Who was cheering the attacker on, you? Not that I lost any sleep over what happened to him, to be perfectly honest with you. Oh your poor little bleeding liberal heart.....

It speaks volume to what has become of this great nation.

Yeah well what has become of this Nation is an entire different discussion, and a long one at that because it's almost reaching the bottom of the poop barrel thanks to liars like Harry Reid. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

WH WON’T CONDEMN HARRY REID FOR DEFENDING ROMNEY TAX CLAIM

Wednesday at the White House press briefing, press secretary Josh Earnest refused Fox News Channel correspondent James Rosen’s attempts to get the administration to condemn Minority Leader Harry Reid (R-NV) for defending his election attacks on then presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

On the Senate floor in 2012, Reid claimed that Mitt Romney paid no taxes for 10 years.

In an interview this week, when CNN’s Dana Bash asked Reid if he had any regrets about that remark, Reid said, “Well, they can call it whatever they want. Um…Romney didn’t win, did he?”

When Rosen, who noted this week President Barack Obama called on everyone to elevate their political discourse at a memorial for the late Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA), asked if he would condemn the remarks and Reid’s defense this week of those remarks, Earnest declined because he said the comments were “three years old.”

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ironic that James Rosen would be the one to call Obama out on the carpet and prove the White House is biased.

P-E-R-F-E-C-T

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join