It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-37B prepares for launch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That thing fair old whizzes around the planet in L.E.O doesn't it. Anywhere between 200-400 days at around 18,000mph. Certainly makes you wonder what it's up to

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Maybe they are trying to grow mushrooms or something in zero gravity and darkness !

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

I've mentioned before at least some of what it's doing, but it's too mundane and boring so it gets ignored.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Haha, not by me. I'm trying to SEE what you have hinted at. I love a good mystery

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I never ignore what people say, sometimes it just goes right over my head

edit on 1-4-2015 by nelloh62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

They have been messing with a new type of optics. It can only be done in space.

It's not all its been doing, but a big part of the first missions.
edit on 4/1/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

NLO materials ?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
New optics and 3D printing are leading tech along with fusion

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

everything has its place and research is never done. you can always make a better/cheeper rocket. and i don't think the x-37 is about rocket tech. its more about the payload it is testing out.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: MarkJS

Sorry to tell you, but the people who say: "UFOs are US mil" can't go whooping and hollering about this rocket. If indeed (I said 'if') the US really has the kind of space technology to travel 10,000mph and turn at 90° on a dime, then this 'old' rocket technology is a complete waste of tax payer money.

Just sayin'

Good point....however the counterargument that NASA/conventional tech is a "Peoples space programme" which takes the financial hits to pave way for a more purposeful and advanced "Corporate/Military Space Programme" would also be compatible with your above summary.

Make the taxpayer pay for all the costly trial and error research and development, give them chemically propelled tin cans in return, then keep all the good stuff that falls out of it for you and your cronies (Corporations, MIC, Agencies etc).

But this is a military project though, it's not a commercial one?

Those payloads are secret? They could just test optics on the ISS if they were commercial and rented the space?

So if you had secret fast movers why would have another military and a commercial program?

Don't tell me, deep cover :-)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

i forgot what its called but there is a something called a perfect mirror and if you use meta materials you can actually make one. i don't remember all the science behind it but i guess it would be a MAJOR leap in optics to make perfect mirrors and lenses.

i bet they are allot easier to make in space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join