It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest aircraft looking for investors to give it liftoff ("top secret all over it")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Guardian

Very interesting that it was picked up by the US military, however I feel this could be something good for green aviation! Does anyone have more information about what the military was trying to achieve with this? The potential for serviellance is of course huge with an aircraft that can fly for two weeks according to the report. Battlefield use I assume.....according to the article it had "top secret all over it" ( warning might be sensational!)

earthtone

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If that thing flys 100mph, like the article says, I will eat my shorts.
Is this one related to the one that was damaged in the building roof collapse recently?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thought the name was familiar..Iron Maiden frontman has an impressive aeronautical resume already but yes the airship path has been on the fringe technologically wise.Long loiter times are the only thing they are ideal for..

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Thought the name was familiar..Iron Maiden frontman has an impressive aeronautical resume already but yes the airship path has been on the fringe technologically wise.Long loiter times are the only thing they are ideal for..

Think luxury cruiseline .. using the skies rather than waves.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: earthtone

This is cool.

What I noticed that is not was the fact that the US military spent 90 million on something that was sitting in a shed in England and then sold it back to the original owners for 300 thousand including intellectual property rights once the original need for it changed shortly after purchase.

But it is cool. I hope they build fleets of them.

edit on 3 30 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Seen something on this a couple years ago.
Remember them saying it can haul impressive tonnage in cargo into undeveloped areas, think disaster relief and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It matters little, if the design has been around for a while. Many, if not, most ideas, are rarely monetized at the time of creation, or by the creators.

top topics

join