It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upper 10% vs. Upper Tenth Percent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A lot of well-to-do people wonder, "What's the difference between being in the upper 10% and being in the upper 0.1%?"

Good question, let's take a look!

If you're in the upper 10%, you can go into a nice restaurant and select your own lobster. The chef will prepare your lobster and it will be served to you for dinner.

If you're in the upper 0.1%, you can go to the G20 summit and pick your own koala. The chef will prepare your koala and it will be served to you for dinner.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Then I'm the upper 10%.
I can go to a Red Lobster and order a live lobster to be sacrificed for my over buttered enjoyment.
But really I go for the cheese biscuit.

But. I'll never be the point 0.01%

But if I was. I would form the first G-String 20 summit, and have a wheel of Cheese as the grand prize.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

After being with the daughter of a lobster pot man for a few years lobster has no appeal whatsoever to me. It's a dirt huge see insect which scuttles around the sea bed eating crap that sinks. Plus... it's the most overpriced insect ever - overpriced to the consumer, not within the trade.

Sorry - I seem to have ranted on your joke!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That's okay. Koalas are kind of tough and stringy too.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Interesting fact: If you make 30,000 USD or more per year, you are a part of the top earning 1% of the world. Yeah, billions of people live in poverty that we in western nations could not imagine. Or maybe they are just more resourceful than us.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Interesting fact: If you make 30,000 USD or more per year, you are a part of the top earning 1% of the world. Yeah, billions of people live in poverty that we in western nations could not imagine. Or maybe they are just more resourceful than us.

Wait - this is a statement we need to look at - and advertise.

Many, myself included, talk about the wealth gap - disgusted that 1% are richer than the rest (is it 10%?) anyway - surely with a figure like that then most of us are part of the 1% (insn't it 10%?)? Therefore we have no right to argue and should be putting back into the system????

I've just shocked myself with this link here - tells you what percent of rich you belong to.
edit on 31-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join