It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a question about the "Promised Land".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Ok. You get the God of Vengeance.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Funny comment considering the Climate Change by man global declaration happening now.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

well, the Spectre is better than the spider.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sorry couldn't resist.

But hey at least the Promised Land isn't Australia and THEIR spiders...

YOU SIR! ARE A MEANY!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Funny comment considering the Climate Change by man global declaration happening now.

Why is that? You made a sweeping statement about how man caused the area to become desert (even though all sources I've checked so far point to the area always having been arid), so I asked you how man changed the climate in the area. If you knew that man changed it, surely you'd know how they did it right? Clearly it isn't the same process causing the man made change today since it didn't happen on a global scale. So what was the process for such a localized climate change that man did?
edit on 30-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Yeah ancient folk in Palestine/Israel is equivalent to modern civilization....

Are people seriously considering this? that the 'chosen people' were able to deforest a lush and green land back in something AD to the arid and baked land it is today? and that it also happened throughout the middle east but not in the west ever since ??

I guess geological and environmental factors don't come into it......

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The promised land is The United States of America. The 13 original colonies. The American Flag of the 13 colonies, 13 stars in a circle + 13 stripes in the flag, the seal etc.

Read this. stevenmcollins.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The only 1 who knows the

And the native Americans were one of the lost tribes of Israel right?......

It's an extremely desperate and tenuous attempt at cultural hijacking.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: The only 1 who knows the

Ok, stop. Just..stop. Right there. No. No no no. America is not mentioned in the Bible, anywhere. America is not the "Promised Land", nor, and I realize this will come as something of a shock, is it super special. While those 13's do have a special significance, believe me, it has very little to do with the Judeo-Christian concept of God. While there may have been some Christian thought from the Founding Fathers ( you know, Washington the Mason, Jefferson the Deist and Franklin the hedonistic possible-Luciferian. You know, Christian.), they were not trying to make America the new Israel.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: The only 1 who knows the
The promised land is The United States of America. The 13 original colonies. The American Flag of the 13 colonies, 13 stars in a circle + 13 stripes in the flag, the seal etc.

Read this. stevenmcollins.com...

Except all evidence points to the Native Americans living here before the Europeans conquered the continent living a MUCH more free and idealized culture. Heck, the American government was partly based off of the Indian nation. The whole federal government that looks after a bunch of independent states thing comes from the Indians. Learn your real history dude. Stop reading white washed history.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When the Israelites first came into the area God told them to destroy the people that were there. These are all the "ites" (Amalakites, Hivites, Jebusites, Amorites, Moabites, Cainanites, etc.) and the Philistines. They didn't do it so God said that he would make the remaining groups a snare onto Israel, to test them; whether they would follow His commandments.

Although milk & Honey is likely a euphemism for prosperity, Israeli cows actually produce more milk (per head) than any other country's.

My belief is the full redemption of the land and its people wont be seen this side of Christ's return.

To me the focus on Israel is beyond a natural explanation.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

OMG!!! Now I'm glad I don't have money to travel. Tiptoes quietly back to her chair...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

I concede to that one!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Terminal1

I'd still prefer it over the desert. Have you ever seen a camel spider?

I have heard tale of it before. I've also heard it can scream which just adds a whole new dynamic of its creepiness... hehe... Imagine one popping out of a closet shelf screaming. May be too much for my heart to bear...

Anyhoo... yea with those critters lurking about amongst all the arid landscape... seems like I'd find a better place to live if I were.. well anyone. Add to the mix always worrying about the other faction of Abraham wanting what you got.

Will it ever be a Promise Land" in that particular spot on Earth?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Sorry couldn't resist.

But hey at least the Promised Land isn't Australia and THEIR spiders...

Give that thing a coily tail an it'd be a facehugger from the Alien movies...

/second

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
When the Israelites first came into the area God told them to destroy the people that were there. These are all the "ites" (Amalakites, Hivites, Jebusites, Amorites, Moabites, Cainanites, etc.) and the Philistines. They didn't do it so God said that he would make the remaining groups a snare onto Israel, to test them; whether they would follow His commandments.

Although milk & Honey is likely a euphemism for prosperity, Israeli cows actually produce more milk (per head) than any other country's.

My belief is the full redemption of the land and its people wont be seen this side of Christ's return.

To me the focus on Israel is beyond a natural explanation.

I tend to agree that Israel eludes peace this side of Jesus, if you believe that sort of thing.

Of course Jesus may decide not to come down till us three kids of Abrahamic beliefs sort things out.

Place has been at war for thousands of years and somehow I get the feeling that it'll be a couple thousand more. I guess that is why I am asking if it ever will be peaceful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join