It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frenergy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Something spinning around something is usually a good way to generate electricity, like wind blowing a turbine, or water spining a giant wheel or cog.

Same way is how a generator makes electricty.

It is using natural energy and converting that to power.

There are many things that spin. The moon rotates and spins round the earth. The earth orbits the sun.

On a more smaller scale. Every car on the planet has the potential to contribute to the national grid or just power their own devices? If a generator (with rechargable) battery is fitted into a car, the spin on the wheels (all four) could be used to generate electricty (converted from kinetic energy powered by petrol/diesel). Then when you got back home hook up the generator to your house to transer the power you generated to your houses, battery or the grid. This is what an alternator does but can there be more than this?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rkingpin
Every car on the planet has the potential to contribute to the national grid or just power their own devices? If a generator (with rechargable) battery is fitted into a car, the spin on the wheels (all four) could be used to generate electricty (converted from kinetic energy powered by petrol/diesel). Then when you got back home hook up the generator to your house to transer the power you generated to your houses, battery or the grid.

How do you charge the battery back up in the vehicle after you have drained it (assuming there was a worthwhile surplus from driving)?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rkingpin

Conservation of energy.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They make electric drive cars that make energy during braking or going down hills to help recharge the batteries. The problem with gaining energy from the wheels under power is that you increase the load. If you were to increase overburden it is a different story, but so far noone has been able to figure out a way in the car setting.

Now, as you drive, an energy field builds up on the car which helps to deflect the air around it. That could be a source but the problem is that reducing this field would increase drag. So possibly passing air through body tubes might help to create an internal energy barrior that could be tapped for energy. I don't have any way of testing that though. As energy passes through the tube, a current might be able to be created utilizing a zinc/copper relationship. Copper can convert energy easily either way. Then you might experience a reduction as the copper oxidizes, so you would need a cleaning system and the impact on the air going through it might be a problem. If all cars did this, copper ions would be lost and the pollution generated might be a problem if done on such a large scale.

These are just ideas, I studied how copper can convert one type of energy frequency to another and am playing with this idea. It is always good to have an open mind OP. I like your thinking but it has already been thought of by those designing these things. But if you can find a way to make this work that they did not think of, your ideas may help these people. Imagination is directly tied to creativity and creativity is tied to advancements. Maybe someday you might find the answer, just not today. Don't get discouraged, just get interested and study their research they have already done and someday maybe you will be working in this field of energy conversion.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Your idea with a car is basically just adding a more high-capacity battery for the alternator to charge. At first I though this was silly because it's what our cars already do but why not? Why don't we pack our cars full of lightweight batteries to store surplus energy to then off-load onto our home grids?

It's really not a bad idea, especially when we're trying to develop paper-thin energy storage. I guess we sort of already do this with our devices (smartphones, iPods, ect) in our cars.

When I was growing up, we had full solar. We had panels that stored electricity on big yacht batteries which powered everything in the house. I would have been nice if we could have plugged in our car's extra battery to transfer all that extra juice each day.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Free energy is not a feature of our universe at least

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Why don't we pack our cars full of lightweight batteries to store surplus energy to then off-load onto our home grids?
Because:

1. There are no such batteries even if there was a surplus, and
2. There isn't a surplus

Gasoline operated cars do use perhaps 4 times the energy needed to propel them, but that's not a surplus. The other 75% are in losses, mostly in the form of excess heat, and a little bit in the form of sound (road noise from the tires). Electric motors seem more efficient but they probably aren't if you look at the overall cycle of how the electricity is generated, which in the US a large amount is from coal and that process of generating electricity has a lot of losses.

There are cars that recover energy from braking already as rickymouse said. That's about the best we can do directly related to the OP idea. For many of us who don't check our tire pressure often, merely checking and adjusting the tire pressure to the recommended amount can help fuel efficiency.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Conservation of energy.

Exactly. I'll expound on this point if you don't mind.

A car's battery is charged by the alternator. An alternator is electric generator that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. In the case of an alternator in a car, the mechanical energy to turn the rotor comes from the engine. The gasoline engine is itself a machine for converting chemical energy into mechanical energy (combustion pushing the piston).

The upshot is to generate more electrical energy to charge more batteries the engine would need to burn more gasoline. It would be more efficient to just burn the gasoline in an electrical generator designed to do this task as efficiently as possible. In either case, the energy that is converted to electricity originates with the chemical energy in gasoline.

There is recoverable waste energy from cars and it's being recovered in some instances like with regenerative braking systems. Here's a good website for understanding where the energy from gasoline ends up going:

Energy.gov - Where the Energy Goes: Gasoline Vehicles

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Cuervo
Why don't we pack our cars full of lightweight batteries to store surplus energy to then off-load onto our home grids?
Because:

1. There are no such batteries even if there was a surplus, and
2. There isn't a surplus

Gasoline operated cars do use perhaps 4 times the energy needed to propel them, but that's not a surplus. The other 75% are in losses, mostly in the form of excess heat, and a little bit in the form of sound (road noise from the tires). Electric motors seem more efficient but they probably aren't if you look at the overall cycle of how the electricity is generated, which in the US a large amount is from coal and that process of generating electricity has a lot of losses.

There are cars that recover energy from braking already as rickymouse said. That's about the best we can do directly related to the OP idea. For many of us who don't check our tire pressure often, merely checking and adjusting the tire pressure to the recommended amount can help fuel efficiency.

But... it already does exactly that. An alternator does exactly what you say it can't do. The only difference would be putting more batteries in the car. If there wasn't a surplus, you wouldn't be able to start your car in the morning.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
if we think of car driving at 70mph down a long road like a fast flowing river, think of both as a natural flowing process.

With the river we can place a wheel/turbine in the river the flow will then turn the river, the river will still flow and if well designed the flow of the river will not slow too much.

Same with the car, the car is already spinning the wheels, its like a natural flow, we then just place a generator on each of the axels (drive shaft) of each wheel, it will not cause much friction to really make a noticeable difference. So now we are using the "natural" revolution of the wheel to generate/convert energy which is otherwise just lost as sound or something. Would this not work surely it would. You can power a light bulb by riding a cycle hooked up to a generator.

Yes its about having good batteries too. But yes smartphones have small batteries can can power a phone for a full day. if you had a briefcase full of these batteries, one trip to work and back could fully charge all these up and then you would have like a few months of "FREE" energy to charge your phone with.. Its not free energy of course as you paid for the petrol to generate it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The upshot is to generate more electrical energy to charge more batteries the engine would need to burn more gasoline. It would be more efficient to just burn the gasoline in an electrical generator designed to do this task as efficiently as possible.

That makes more sense. It's not that it can't be done; it's just not really worth it.

I do miss my gas generator.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Good idea, bad logic.

If you put additional dynamos on a car it would sap from the power Gasoline provides. You would spend more money on Gas.

Instead try utilizing the power of nature. Look for a spot on a roof to plant a windmill or if theres a stream nearby. You can tap it for small addition to power.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Conservation of energy.

That law has been broken in experiments ... I am a novice in this field ... more an idiot ... but only yesterday I watched a show that showed "The Conservation of Energy" broken

www.richplanet.net...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a
That law has been broken in experiments ...

There are no experiments that show that law being broken.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Free energy is not a feature of our universe at least

The Sun is free

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The Sun is free

The sun is finite.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you follow the link ?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Did you follow the link ?

I did, and there were no experiments listed that I could see, only claims of 2 to 1 energy ratios.

I also find it sadly pathetic that I guy claiming to have an overunity device has the below links on his website:

Help Richplanet.net
    Sponsor or Donate
    Richplanet Products
    Browse our Shop[

You have free energy and you need people to donate or sell merchandise to pay the bills?

edit on 29-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes of course as is the Earth ... maybe my lack of knowledge is a stumbling block ... But if it says that energy is always what it is ... then the Universe has worked out a pretty good way to expand that energy ... not being awkward ... just curious ...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes of course as is the Earth ... maybe my lack of knowledge is a stumbling block ... But if it says that energy is always what it is ... then the Universe has worked out a pretty good way to expand that energy ... not being awkward ... just curious ...

And what happens when you factor in entropy to your equations?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join