It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Decreasing PAK FA Order

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Russia is also putting alot of emphasis on their AA SAM capabilities.

thesentinel.ca...

They don't really need stealth fighters, they need a solid multirole fighter and both the su-30 and su-35 are great 4++ gen aircrafts.

TBH, I think only the F-22 is superior to them and the F-35 is pure garbage.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jowade

the Russians are broke? pfffft!
here in the US we are so buried we dont even worry about it anymore!
just keep designing, building and spending.
whats billions more when you are already so far past the point of return?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jowade
TBH, I think only the F-22 is superior to them and the F-35 is pure garbage.

Alright...now you've open a can of UGLY! I don't see the F-35 as that bad to be honest, but I'll let everyone else take their shots at you! You better get ready with hard facts cause you'll get challenged on that opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Thing is - the US can borrow whatever they want. Russia can't. Russia's economy is based and oil and gas and the current low prices are hurting them BADLY. Adding to that, Western sanctions are the sudden fall of the ruble puts them in a situation where their credit score is so low, no one will lend them $.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Hehe
... I am doing well on my first day

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The F-35 is much better than is being let on. There are a lot of advantages to it over even the F-22. The RCS is at least as good as the Raptor, the RAM is much more durable and much easier to work with, the sensor integration is head and shoulders above anything else flying. ...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was just reading the coating for the F-35 was adapted to use on the F-22...
www.dailytech.com...

They said is doesn't help the RCS of the F-22, but I'd be surprised if it didn't help it myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It's not going to help the RCS, it's going to help maintenance. The new coating is embedded in the paint itself so it's easier to apply and remove, and is more durable than any other coating ever developed.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

A cost saving measure to be sure zaph. Hey check out the black triangle thread. some posters on page 116 need some education lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Really? REALLY? 12? Twelve? Guffaw, LMFAO!!

Way to go Putin....

Seriously, what happens to the Indian order and the cost increase per unit that this decision will impose??

Will anyone ever order from the Russians again??

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

They're discovering what we did years ago. Stealth is extremely difficult to work with. I expected a cut to their order at some point.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: nwtrucker

They're discovering what we did years ago. Stealth is extremely difficult to work with. I expected a cut to their order at some point.

I was pretty sure aswell but I never thought they'd lower it to 12!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah, this basically relegates it to a tech demonstrator program.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Or they are taking the same approach as the West has with several programs that experienced hiccups; they are lengthening the lead time and buying smaller initial batches or tranches while they evaluate capability and how much money and time it's going to take to fix the gremlins. Their plan to immediately produce a first tranche of 52 (of 150-250 planned) has been cut to 12. That's not exactly unheard of in LRIP, particularly in an ambitious project. A project can go from LRIP to cancellation or to full scale production. Too early to say what direction the T-50 will take.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

And from the things being said this is a lot more than an LRIP cut.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Is is possible that the authorities were oversold a huge amount of BS from the manufacturers & boosters, and when the items actually came through they weren't "all that?"

On the upside, this means that Putin isn't going to be challenging NATO proper, just pushing its way around the former USSR's states.

BTW: the software for the F-35 seems like it would be great for the FB-111 replacement.
edit on 30-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Some of the quotes do, but without seeing the entire context it's hard to say. I think the economy taking a tumble and the fact that the LRIP aircraft are going to be of limited operational value make this a no-brainer. To what extent the kinks are ironed out (or the amount of blood, sweat and tears required to iron them out) and to the extent the economy recovers will dictate where the T-50 ends up.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Russia announced that they will reduce the buy "in the coming years" to one squadron of aircraft. Serial production is still planned for next year, and at the same time they are going to increase Su-35 purchases and production.

PETERSBURG, July 2 - RIA Novosti. Defense Ministry will cut the first purchase party fifth generation fighter T-50, will be purchased only one squadron of the first trial, he told reporters on Thursday in St. Petersburg, Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov.
"Yes, we are reducing the purchase of fighter PAK FA, it will be purchased in the coming years one squadron. At the same time we will increase the purchase of Su-35 fighters, which are cheaper, but their tactical and technical characteristics of a head taller than their foreign counterparts," - Borisov said.

ria.ru...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
More bad news for the program. Russia just spent $800M on a 50 aircraft order for the Su-35S.

m.vedomosti.ru...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join