It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodborne

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

So how do the combat/parry/stat upgrade paths compare to DKS 1? I usually played a STR/VIT/END build, light-ish armor, and either a Halberd or Blk Knight Greatsword (2 handed) with some strong pyromancy on the side, to give you an idea of my playstyle.

Parry is all up to shooting the attacker right before they strike. At the right time, Shoot = Parry = Critical strike with melee weapon.

Combat is basically melee attacks, aside from gun parry's. Each melee weapon comes with 2 "styles". One is a shortened, faster swing version with lesser damage in one hand (right hand), and the other is an extended style with longer reach, and may take up both hands instead of just one.

You can imbue or upgrade each weapon also. 2 different paths to take also, Gems or blood shards. Basically, each are in their own upgrade path, so you can add both into one weapon.

Stats are somewhat chopped down/simplified compared to DKS 2, atleast from how far I have gotten. There's still STR/END/VIT, but it seems like they've mashed some resistances to all in one. If I understand correctly, guns stats are affected by 2 stat sets, Arcane and Bloodtinge. It's either a bit still confusing to me, or it's really mashed together compared to previous Souls games.

ETA - As for armor....there's not a whole lot to choose from. You may pick up a set in the merchant place, or may find a set hidden away in some corner of a level somewhere, but it's not like you'll find a helmet, pair of gauntlets, or chest piece dropped by regular enemies. Armor is pretty scarce compared to the previous Souls games.
edit on 29-3-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Any bugginess/glitches so far? Thats probably the main reason I wait a few months after launch to pick up new titles these days, with VERY few exceptions.

The loading screens are really bad IMO. They take quite awhile. Respawns and also traveling from one bonfire (lamp) to the next. There's supposed to be a patch coming out in a week that should lower them. (and by awhile, I mean atleast a full minute or more at some times)

I've also had a minor enemy glitch into the ground once, I had to just run for awhile to get away from that mess. That should also be addressed in the upcoming patch.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687
The game is pretty much all I expected. So far I beat four bosses, and its pretty engaging, the second boss "Father whatever his name is" though gave me the most problems, eventually I just cheepshoted him, keept going around a square block healing up whenever I got into trouble, it took a while to get used to the faster pace and always moving mechanic in the game, its significantly different then the old Souls shield and turtle mechanics.

And the only reason why it took so long was because I was so used to the blocking shield gameplay of the other games, but in this game its all action and movement at all times, especially when you taking on multiple foes, if your standing still your dead. That and I still have not really gotten used to using your gun weapons, as damage weapons they suck. But in combat they are really useful, you can stun enemies and go for the kill, or just for dodging and escaping when your surrounded by multiple enemies, your going to have to stun a few so they dont surround you and pick them apart. Once you start using the guns and get used to the concept of then, even though they suck as damage weapons, it makes things more easier and it makes the game flow.

The only thing so far is that it seems the Souls game had more different types of enemies, anything from huge dragons to WTF is that, and also many more weapons, this game seems to be limited to the more beast or human type of enemies. But it has plenty of OMG WTF is that thing! There are some bizarre creatures in it. And the weapons are more fun and dynamic, you dont have as much loot or weapons like the other games, but those you do have can be used in a lot more ways.

I am at the point in the game were I got killed by a tall hobo type shrouded enemy which carries a bag. I though I would get the restart checkpoint like always, but I got carried in its bad to a whole new area and now I keep spawning there till I find my way out. That and I found a few secret areas, in one part somebody gave me some stone which I have yet to find a use for it, but I heard if you have it and get taken by that giant invisible enemy which you run into sometimes, and if you survive it have higher health when it grabs and supposed to kill you, with the stone in your possession, its supposed to warps you to a new location. I have yet to try it, but when i get out of that dungeon area will try it.

But ya so far. I think out of all the Fromsoftware Soul games, this game is the best and because of the increased movement its more fun to play then the others. I have yet to try the PvP side of it other then the computer characters, but I know its going to be crazy fast action when your facing other real people in this game who are not predictable like the computer controlled ones.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I am at the point in the game were I got killed by a tall hobo type shrouded enemy which carries a bag. I though I would get the restart checkpoint like always, but I got carried in its bad to a whole new area and now I keep spawning there till I find my way out.

I think I just got to that place. Do you keep respawning in basically a jail cell? I think the place is called Unseen Village or something like that. That shroud thing with the body bag killed me a few times already while trying to find my way out. Finally found a lamp after getting killed a few times, and took a break after.

Could be a different place though, as I have only killed 3 bosses so far.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ya that's the place. Its easy to exist as the lamp is not far off, but if you keep going you run into a boss, big electric one if you seen it before darkbeast parl I think. The guy killed me off a bunch of times before I decided to come back and tangle with him when I level up a bit.

Another thing though I learned. You know the insight you get from beating bosses or you can pick up madmans insight from dead characters you run into, I just noticed this yesterday after a bit and checked up on it and yup. They have this mechanic in the game that the higher your insight the harder and weirder the game gets, at one insight you can talk to the doll and level up, at 10 insight you can talk to the messengers in the fountain in the hunters dream and buy things from them even armor from hunter foes you defeated.

But I think when you reach 15 insight or higher the enemies get a bit harder and have different attack patterns. The guys with the bags in unseen village started doing all these magic attacks on me once I got higher insight, they never did that before. Eventually I went online to check it out and some have said once you have a whole lot of insight new enemies appear and old enemies have different weapons, there was even talk of some Cthulhu like phantoms appearing over the churches and buildings when you reach a certain number of insight.

Basically its what its called "madmans insight" The more you have the more mad or crazy the game appears to you and also harder.

Dont know if that is true. But for those who are complaining the game is to hard. Well if you keep it at the lowest insight the game is easier. Which makes sense because you have to spend one insight to summon help from another player, so technically they made it to were people who always have trouble and use help from playing co-op and summon people the game will be easier for them as it takes one insight to summon anybody and they will always have lower insight, as compared to those who solo the game.

Which that only means I am screwed, I generally try to solo the game and only once in a while use the summon mechanic on boss fights. But in all its a fun game, the most tense game in the series so far, its more akin to a horror game/lovecraftian mythos type of thing then the Souls games ever were, and a lot more bloody for sure.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I had to read up on the insight to. I had no clue what it meant. I'll be trying to keep it low for my first playthough (at 14 now). As for the next playthrough, I think I'll max it out just to see how weird things get.

Also had to check up on the area we're in to. Have been stuck there awhile now. Those sack dudes are pretty tough for me. I knew there had to be another route, since it seemed like I was wayyyyy under leveled for that area.

I do like how hard these games are though, and have never summoned anyone to help me....yet. Never summoned an NPC in Dark Souls 2 either.

ETA - Also really diggin how this is more horror style than previous Souls game. I do love my sword and shield combat from DS 2, along with the enemies that were in that game, but this is equally as good IMO.
edit on 30-3-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Bloodborne, is a damn good, game, I am a demon souls vet, I could not get into dark souls to well, but bloodborne is worth the price tag..

If your over the age of 35, you remember the arcades it is simular to an arcade in challenge, and is very rewarding, to be honest, I think it is the best ps4 game to date...

Pick it up next time your at the mall etc, or wait for it to drop in price, but here or there it is a solid video game, in a saturated and watered down video game market...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

If your over the age of 35, you remember the arcades it is simular to an arcade in challenge, and is very rewarding, to be honest, I think it is the best ps4 game to date...

Agreed, it's the best ps4 game out there, and one of the few games released in the past few years that's actually worth the $60 price tag.

I finally went into my first chalice dungeon today, and it was a neat addition to the Souls series. Plenty more to open up to. 3 bosses, 2 of which were simple, then the last (the giant fire dog) which killed me like 5 times. The blood echo rewards in this dungeon seemed very minimal though. Only like 1,000 for each boss.

I just decided to do the dungeon since Im still kind of stuck on where to go after the 3rd boss/sack man capture thing. I thought I knew a way, but maybe not.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have not played it that much recently because of work. Those bag guys are pretty though as once they do there power up turn all red move they can one shot you, but other then that there pretty easy to deal with. Though now I got to another area the nightmare frontier. I have not gone far into it, it a bit harder then the other areas, but mostly because the bell maiden shows up and keeps summoning people to attack you in the area at random, you dont even have to use the bell she just shows up in the area.

I just started doing the chalice dungeons, the whole concept of them is actually pretty cool. In general they seem to be shorter then the game areas but have more encounters with boss types, some of them are pretty challenging, and you can generally find different versions of weapons in the chalice dungeons.

I have not really got as far as I would like to, but some it seems people online are already on new game plus and beyond. Generally these games have more secrets you can open up in your second playthrough, though I heard the difficulty increases a whole lot as well. And another thing. OH ya its got the whole Chutulu mythos theme going on, you even fight so called "Great Ones" bosses. There are five of them in the game I read, there sort of like super bosses, so far I only encountered one of them, or two of them if you count the giant spider thing which kills you and teleports you to the nightmare frontier.

So far the game seems a bit shorter then the other soul games, but I have not got that far yet, and the game does not disappoint like all the other games which were pretty much duds, so I really cant complain.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The most challenging part of the game is actually the chalice dungeons, you'll also find high tier rewards you can't find in the main game. Sure the weapons were mentioned but you get the best blood gems, best runes etc, the difficulty skyrockets with the more of them you do.

I suggest to new players not to go into NG+ hastily, I've learned that once you think you've got the game mechanics down then you're in trouble with the new game, which is great because I didn't want to feel like I've mastered the game. Sure I guess if you could do it but prepared for a kick in the pants.... (again)...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I found my way out of the place I was stuck in during my earlier post, and it seems we have taken different paths. I ended up going the route that leads to the Vicar boss, and then after that I went to kill the Witch boss.

After watching a few other twitch streams, it seems like many people branch out in different directions where we were last at. Some guy made it to the castle without getting thrown in that bag and taken to the Unseen Village.

My playthrough has pretty much been put on hold for the past day or so to, also because of work and also another game came out (Dungeon Keeper 3) and I've been waiting even longer for that game.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5
I heard they amped the new game+ mechanic. There was even something online I was reading were the development team were having a hard time beating the game on new game+. But it was always like that in these games, I am not even sure what cap it was but in the Souls game you get to new game +++++++ or something, so much so that even if you were level 500 and had all the best gear it was still a pain to deal with the normal enemies.

I know this because for the original Dark Souls there was a glitch which lets you get unlimited souls. I did it on one charter after I got bored of the game. I forgot what level you cap out at, but it think it was around 600 or so. And even with my charter being maxed out on all the stats, on the new game+++ the enemies can still one shot you.

But ya! I hope this game has more surprises in store for me, its one of the draws of these sort of games. There is always something more to it, even after you have beaten the game.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think you can just go pretty much anywere and there is no set path. Other then the key story plots but you can do those at your leisure for the most part. I know that after the unseen village and after you kill the Darkbeast Parl boss, you end up back in Old Yahrnam.

Which is what I should have done to begin with, because I heard that if you go that path you can talk to the hunter on top of that tower who warns you not to go into Old Yahrnam and starts machine gunning you though out the whole level when you go through the main door. I heard there is a way to not have to fight him and talk to him, thats probably the way since your not going through the main door. Its just something to do in new game+ I suppose. Dont know if he gives you anything new or what, but its something to keep in mind and try on the next play through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join