It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska State Senator compares Police to isis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Police officers are fired for Facebook posts that are less controversial than what we read everyday on ATS.

www.theblaze.com...

Now, I am all for "free speech," but just as any other public servant he should be held accountable for what he says.

To me this is an outrage, and does nothing to foster a better relationship between LE and the community. I mean Hell, he practically said that he would shoot police officers if he "finds out he is on his way out."

I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The double standard is troubling. Democrats like Chambers and Joe Biden say horrible stuff and are dismissed with "that's just ___ being ___." But if a Republican like Trent Lott or George Allen ('Macaca') says something controversial, he's hounded out of public life.
Also troubling is how little attention the media is giving this. (as opposed to the two above examples.)
Admittedly he is only a state Senator as opposed to a US Senator. I wonder how much coverage this is getting in Nebraska?
edit on 28-3-2015 by works4dhs because: add thoughtful comment

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
The double standard is troubling. Democrats like Chambers and Joe Biden say horrible stuff...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...who said Ernie Chambers was a democrat?? That man is as independent as they come.

I wonder how much coverage this is getting in Nebraska?

It's nearly non-stop. Every time I hear 'Ernie Chambers' in a headline I simply imagine the rest should read 'opened his mouth again.'

For some context for those wondering, the bill at the hearing would allow concealed carry in bars. Ernie asked the question of what would make someone so afraid that they'd want to conceal carry in a bar. The response was along the lines of, 'with the rise of terrorist groups like ISIS...' It was at this point where Ernie interjected saying, basically, that he's more afraid of police than he is of ISIS.

Hyperbole is an argumentative tool that he uses, a lot.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
yr right, I should have said 'leftists', cuz we know the media luv luv luv leftists, whether democrat or independent (Bernie Sanders is another).

I see some dems are backing him on Freedom of Speech grounds. I wonder how many of them would wave that flag if, say, Ted Cruz said he'd carry a gun in the 'hood to get them before they get me.

***Others were uncomfortable with what they saw as piling on Chambers. State Sen. Dave Bloomfield said Chambers has the right to free speech.
“I do not condone what Senator Chambers said,” he said. “Senator Chambers has done a great service to this body for 40 years. Whether you like what he said or not, he has the right to say it.”***
watchdog.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I see some dems are backing him on Freedom of Speech grounds.

***Others were uncomfortable with what they saw as piling on Chambers. State Sen. Dave Bloomfield said Chambers has the right to free speech.***

Are you even trying to make an argument or are you just saying whatever and hoping something sticks? Dave Bloomfield is Republican. Get out of the left-right argument you're trying to make.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I see some dems are backing him on Freedom of Speech grounds.

***Others were uncomfortable with what they saw as piling on Chambers. State Sen. Dave Bloomfield said Chambers has the right to free speech.***

Are you even trying to make an argument or are you just saying whatever and hoping something sticks? Dave Bloomfield is Republican. Get out of the left-right argument you're trying to make.

youre right. I should have said 'some idiots' are etc.
basic point still stands, any Republican that says something controversial is mercilessly vilified, often by other republicans.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
By doing this, he may be giving a bigger spotlight on police abuse.

Not sure what his motives are but he seems clever, maybe a little mad now with age. I wonder if he's had death threats in the past or had friends/family shot by police.

Hopefully something good comes from this.

At least he's standing his ground.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

We are living in a police state where cops kill with immunity and you call this man crazy ?

Oh how dare him want to protect himself from the jack boot police farce psst. We should all lay down and let the cops kill us our family and pets or we must be mental by your logic.

I got my CCW and carry out of fear of the police. It was the smartest thing ive done.

Cops > ISIS > Terrorism

The earliest use of the word terrorism identified by the Oxford English Dictionary is a 1795 reference to tyrannical state behavior, the "reign of terrorism" in France." Coined by Robespierre to describe how the government killed "enemies of the revolution" to stay in power. Extraordinary violence against civilians to further a political cause .

I think this is why he made the comparison. Or you could equate the police as the biggest street gang in the usa , same thing.

Take para military weaponry , M 1's and tanks away from the police farce.

Defund and abolish DHS and we are off to a good start.
edit on 30-3-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

We are living in a police state where cops kill with immunity and you call this man crazy ?

Oh how dare him want to protect himself from the jack boot police farce psst. We should all lay down and let the cops kill us our family and pets or we must be mental by your logic.

I got my CCW and carry out of fear of the police. It was the smartest thing ive done.

Cops > ISIS > Terrorism

The earliest use of the word terrorism identified by the Oxford English Dictionary is a 1795 reference to tyrannical state behavior, the "reign of terrorism" in France." Coined by Robespierre to describe how the government killed "enemies of the revolution" to stay in power. Extraordinary violence against civilians to further a political cause .

I think this is why he made the comparison. Or you could equate the police as the biggest street gang in the usa , same thing.

Take para military weaponry , M 1's and tanks away from the police farce.

Defund and abolish DHS and we are off to a good start.

there is no widespread police-on-citizen violence. that is a myth promulgated by the leftist media and fueled by leftist politicians like Senator Chambers. Thousands of suspects are questioned, arrested, processed and released by the police every day. there are thousands of traffic stops and other interactions with no conflict or issues. only a handful of violent idiots (Eric Garner, Michael Brown) who fight,, resist etc bring about any violence.
Police = good. Isis = bad. it's not complicated.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
While the police clearly aren't as bad as IS some of you really are clueless as to the police state that is developing. Any American is more likely to be shot or killed by a police officer then IS. So his point does stand although not the best one that could have been made. It's hilarious how lefty and hypocritical ATS is becoming. Most of you libtards complain about the police state in one context and then completely understate it in the next. Typical lefties using examples to prove a political point instead of facts!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A police state isnt defined simply as police outright shooting citizens. It's insidious, deeply rooted, covert, etc. America is very much becoming a police state. Corruption is rampant especially at the federal level. Police doesn't mean Barnie Fife local cops. It can include the DHS, DEA, Marshals, etc.
This Senator may not have had the tact or eloquence to say what he meant, but any liberty loving American understands what he means. You work for the DHS I don't expect you to understand, like they say you're entire livelihood relies on not understanding it!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

And your ignorance is hilarious! IS bad? Ask our government ! It's called Hegelian dialectics, and they are masters at it!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

A police state isnt defined simply as police outright shooting citizens. It's insidious, deeply rooted, covert, etc. America is very much becoming a police state. Corruption is rampant especially at the federal level. Police doesn't mean Barnie Fife local cops. It can include the DHS, DEA, Marshals, etc.
This Senator may not have had the tact or eloquence to say what he meant, but any liberty loving American understands what he means. You work for the DHS I don't expect you to understand, like they say you're entire livelihood relies on not understanding it!!!!!

Sounds like your gripe is against the politicians that run things. Like...Senator chambers.
I consider ignorance to be sad, not hilarious. I'm not exactly on the front lines in the war on terror but I know what I know and there are bad guys out there that want to kill us.
don't think ISIS is bad? here's a news story (one of many)
www.ibtimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join