It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an Emergency Remote Control of a Commercial Aircraft prevented this weeks mass murder?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It uses a GPS database that fits on an SD card.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
This is not about any currently known advancement in commercial aircraft but I felt it could go in this forum if not please move it.

If for example the German Plane that crashed purposely this last week could have been saved by remote should we not develop such precautions?

The co-pilot was able to use a safety switch to keep the pilot out of the cock-pit while he killed everyone including himself.

What could have been don't to prevent such a disaster?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I thought of an idea that I thought might be an answer to this type of situation and during a hijacking.

If that safety switch is pushed manually by a pilot an emergency signal goes out to the authorities and a remote controlled unit is implemented to control the plane after that. This unit operated by someone at a remote location could correct any changes made or keep the pilots from making any changes in the flight route, altitude and pitch, and be used to bring the plane to the nearest airport where it is landed and then the ground authorities can move in to take the hijackers or pilots off the plane thereby preventing any such disasters in the future.

What thinketh ye of ATS?

It's not too bad idea, but there would be also ohter problems with that.... If someone would built something like that, then there are always bad guys, who could figure out how to hack these remote controllers.
By building something like that would allow terrorists to sabotage any plane remotly...I guess.
I'm not webmaster, but I think it would be possible for them.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh yes, many years.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aboveTopGun15

You might be surprised that many aircraft can already be controlled remotely and "hacked" into. It's supposedly happened a couple times already, thankfully not by anyone who wanted to kill any folks - but only to prove a concept.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aholic
a reply to: aboveTopGun15

You might be surprised that many aircraft can already be controlled remotely and "hacked" into. It's supposedly happened a couple times already, thankfully not by anyone who wanted to kill any folks - but only to prove a concept.

Not civilian airliners.

Well there was this guy that "hacked" an pc based ACARS simulator.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join