It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.a.t.f.e. Head resigns after two years to "spend time with family"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ATF director B. Todd Jones announced his resignation Friday after less than two years in office. Jones was the first Senate-confirmed director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

This has me wondering if president Obama has pressured jones to resign for caving on an ammunition ban.

Just last month, gun rights supporters blasted the ATF for proposing a ban on the steel-tipped .223 caliber bullets that serve as ammunition for AR-15s and other rifles. The ATF said the ammunition has no legitimate sporting purpose.

The budget of the BATFE is $1,150,000,000.00. For that we get repeated civil rights abuses, entrapment, perjury and malicious prosecutions. Instead of finding a replacement for Todd, the entire agency should follow him into the “Dreaded Private Sector.” I’m sure many of the current employees would make excellent Mall Cops.

www.myfoxdc.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Maybe he knows something is coming and wants to get out of dodge.

Every one I know feels 'it' coming.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How many Chiefs of Staff has Obama (or any president) had in his years in office? Two years is about right for any position at that level. I don't think it is unusual at all.

join