It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Accepts DOJ’s ‘State Secrets’ Claim to Protect Shadowy Neocons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Source: firstlook.org...

Snippet:

A truly stunning debasement of the U.S. justice system just occurred through the joint efforts of the Obama Justice Department and a meek and frightened Obama-appointed federal judge, Edgardo Ramos, all in order to protect an extremist neocon front group from scrutiny and accountability. The details are crucial for understanding the magnitude of the abuse here

A further Snippet:

This group of neocon extremists was literally just immunized by a federal court from the rule of law. That was based on the claim — advocated by the Obama DOJ and accepted by Judge Ramos — that subjecting them to litigation for their actions would risk disclosure of vital “state secrets.” The court’s ruling was based on assertions made through completely secret proceedings between the court and the U.S. government, with everyone else — including the lawyers for the parties — kept in the dark.

That is the red meat. Here are the potatoes of the story.

Big government insiders and the hard core Neocons have as much or more under a Progressive left wing camp as they do under a so called conservative right wing administration. When it comes to agents of the State the US, UK, and Israel have a hard core that act in lock step on certain issues. There is no way I can see to do more than notice this as they are intractable forces in government at this point.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The same mentality seems to be working in the middle east .The ones we are against we are with and the ones we are for we are against . some kind of the extreme neo-liberal/conservative . I always struggled to see the left right paradigm and am probably getting it wrong .

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I am really sick of what our government has become.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is how it has been since 9/11, all court cases that touch on 9/11 events have been either dismissed with prejudice or ruled in the neo con favor. If there have been any exceptions to this I would like to hear about it.

The fact that the DOJ can admit this is a start. The legal system in the US does appear caught in the gridlock and fear of money and the military.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Enough of the lies,
tear it down.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No trust in Obama's DOJ, hmmmm?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It would have helped the OP if you provided an explanation or context?

OK...So there is this "Group"...called "United Against Nuclear Iran" or UANI..

Part of their campaign was exposing and calling out people trading with Iran in "dark" deals to make money during the sanctions.

In May 2013, UANI launched a “name and shame” campaign designed to publicly identify — and malign — any individuals or entities enabling trade with Iran. One of the accused was the shipping company of Greek billionaire Victor Restis

So Victor Restis retaliates and files a defamation of character suit in US courts...

For UANI to defend themselves they would need to prove they weren't BSing but had proof he was in fact trading in shady deals with Iran.

The DOJ stepped in and asked the judge to dismiss the case because it would violate state secrets aka put methods and sources at risk.

So the question arises...Where did the UANI...a purportedly non-government org get the information about Victor Resti trading with Iran?

Of course they are a front for a Gov run shame campaign on international criminals violating sanctions. They got their info from operatives in the CIA or undercover sources in Iran.

If they were compelled to reveal their sources, sources would die, operations critical to security would be exposed etc ...at least that is what most judges look for before considering State Secrets as a cause for dismissal.

And it's entirely likely Billionaire Victor Restis filed the suit for no other reason than to OUT the informant(s) in his operation.

This doesn't really bother me? I am not shedding tears for Billionaire Victor Restis's reputation, more so if he was secretly trading with the Iranian gov. Nor do I think his beef warrants potentially costing the lives of whatever informants the CIA has in the Iranian gov etc.

Here are some links to specifics
firstlook.org...

Court docs
fas.org:8080...

edit on 30-3-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Big government insiders and the hard core Neocons have as much or more under a Progressive left wing camp as they do under a so called conservative right wing administration.

This has been completely obvious for a long time.

There was a brief moment when Obama first appeared that I thought just maybe something else was going on. But then I sat back and really thought about all the creepy, shady, scary crap that happened during the Bush years and how the Democrats didn't really seem to be all that interested in stopping any of it.

Then it struck me that the people who had such a firm grip on power for 8 years during the Bush administration were not just going to sit there and let some virtual unknown come in and ruin everything. I knew right then and there that Obama was all part of the plan. He had to be. I have seen nothing since then that has changed my mind about that. I'm more sure of it now than I ever was.

top topics

join