It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Sci Fi Quotes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
These are a few of my favourite Sci Fi quotes:

Babylon 5- Jeffrey Sinclair:" Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…[and] all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars."

Dune- Litany Against Fear: “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Jurassic Park- Dr. Ian Malcom: "I don't want to think about what I will wear in the morning. Truly, can you imagine anything more boring than fashion? Professional sports, perhaps."

Star Trek: The Next Generation- Jean-Luc Picard: "What the devil"

More to come. Please add your own!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Two.

Both from Wrath of Khan.

"Khhhhaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!"

and

"They put creatures....in our bodies" gotta say this one in Checkov's voice to get the full effect.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Bada boom.

"fifth element"

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Roads? We don't need Roads where we're going!
edit on 26-3-2015 by bananashooter because: cause I am an idiot

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Haha, the second I saw this thread I knew it would open with a B5 quote. And I was right. Great show. My wife says I have a piece of Kosh in me.

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

👣

edit on 993ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Babylon5 was excellent series.. now i wonder can i find it in netflix..

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Which Kosh? The first enigmatic Kosh, or the 2nd arsehole Kosh? lol

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hmm. Depends on my mood, I guess. 😝

👣

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Nice

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Speaking of back to the future, this is one I liked: "But when I kiss you, it's like I'm kissing... my brother".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
KAHN!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Damn it, Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away! I need my pain!

BSG
“No. Not now. Not ever. Do you hear me? I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eyeteeth to end you. I swear it! I’m coming for all of you!” – Laura Roslin

edit on 3 26 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Bladerunner, Roy Batty :

I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die…

Star Trek , First Contact, Zephraim Cochrane :

My God.....they're really from another world

Star Trek II, Kahn :

He tasks me, he tasks me.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Dune- Litany Against Fear: “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

I love that one too. Especially with the 'inner voice' it's done with in the movie. I like it so much because it really strikes home for me. Coaching kids sports you have to help them overcome fear. While I've never used the quote it's incredibly apt.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."
Morpheus in The Matrix

"Klaatu, barada, nikto"
Klaatu in The Day The Earth Stood Still

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

That reminded me of Kirks last words from Generations: "Oh my".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Pfft, that's from Army of Darkness!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
KAHN!!!!!

Oh this thread was made for you

👣

link   
Young Monk: “Do not try and bend the spoon—that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.”
Neo: “What truth?”
Young Monk: “There is no spoon.”

never forget

edit on 26-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Right on! That was one of the greatest scenes in the history of film.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join