It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epically awesome photos of Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
These are really awesome photos of Mars, so the only thing I can say about this is look and amaze yourself as I did.

Mars might not look like much from Earth, but close up, it's a perfect spectacle of natural beauty.
Since 2006, the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft has been orbiting Mars snapping pictures of the surface with its HiRISE camera.
Here is a collection of some of the most incredible images the camera has taken over the years.
The HiRISE images shown here have false coloring that highlights distinct Martian features, like sand dunes shown in the image to the right. The false-coloring helps scientists see how the grooves and troughs of these features change over time.

uk.businessinsider.com...-the-summer-on-mars-north-pole-all-of-the-surface-ice-is-gone-revealing-the-crac ked-surface-underneath-the-cracks-are-likely-from-underground-ice-expanding-and-contracting-with-the-seasons-1

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: spacevisitor

Pretty cool. Good post. It would be neat to stitch them all together in something you could "fly" through like a video game. Maybe with a Oculus Rift? Let's get on that NASA.

V

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hi spacevisitor! Just want to say thanks for the thread those pictures are stunning. Mainly posting a reply so I can come back to looking at them as in at work right now. Being a walker/trekker I'd love one day to able to explore this world but I doubt I'll ever have the chance. Star and flag for you

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

These picures are out of this world (and by world, I mean Mars).

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank you all, it's my pleasure.
And as Aleister said so well,

These picures are out of this world (and by world, I mean Mars)

new topics

top topics

join