It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARK Act Blocks States From Mandating GMO Labeling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
Everything works together - it's not "either-or." Such polarization is synthetic, and supports the "divide-and-conquer" strategy.

I don't disagree at all. The synergy of all these things in our body isn't understood and is almost certainly having an impact that is far greater than the sum of its parts. My thought was about the disparity between relative risk and perceived risk that I frequently observe.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
a reply to: FyreByrd
A big DUH why all the fuss.

All producers of Non GM foodstuffs merely have to have big labels on their products stating :

GM CROPS HAVE NOT BEEN USED IN THE MANUFACTURE OF THIS PRODUCT

Those who use GM foods cannot put this label on otherwise they are lying and will be open to prosecution !!!!!

See simple, you just gotta switch the brain on and fight fire with fire.

I'm not 100% but I think that GMO is going after that. Claiming "non-GMO" discriminates against GMO which gives GMO and unfair disadvantage. Poor GMO...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

...My thought was about the disparity between relative risk and perceived risk that I frequently observe.

Happens, but are you aware that the current NCD Pandemic is the leading cause of death globally, killing more people each year than all other causes combined? And its emergence can be traced back to the beginning of mass vaccinations? And that most of all the seemingly 'different' chronic NCD diseases result from the same molecular pathology?

(It's Fibrosis btw, and starts with a misfolded actin protein, which spreads and evolves to affect a variety of other proteins, cells and tissues - and is renamed with each new iteration.)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I'm not 100% but I think that GMO is going after that. Claiming "non-GMO" discriminates against GMO which gives GMO and unfair disadvantage. Poor GMO...

This kind of thing already happened Oakhurst Dairy sued by Monsanto. This really didn't sit well with Mainers. Ultimately it was ruled they had to change their label, but I'm not sure what may have happened in the years since.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I'll have to go and read the thread later since it's time for work, but I agree that our tinkering has put us in a very bad situation.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

On topic, we need GMO labelling. But I suspect the new Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) Joint Forward Plan, aka the "Joint Forward Plan," will quash it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

On topic, we need GMO labelling. But I suspect the new Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) Joint Forward Plan, aka the "Joint Forward Plan," will quash it.

Not to mention the secretive Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) that is being pushed forward behind closed doors.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Thanks for the info but I have no idea what you mean my NCD even after looking at your post briefing and googling it.

I find it very helpful, when using aconyms, to spell out the actual title the first time using it in any correspondence. You have no idea who your audience is going to be and using undefined aconyms will turn off readers.

Ah - and it's a acronym for Non-Communicable Diseases NCD (from your thread). I think Chronic Degenerative Disease would be a better title myself but I'm not the definition police today.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I know - I've gotten lazy. Plus, they keep changing the name. Started as "diseases of civilization," then became chronic disease, now it's non-communicable disease (NCD).

...Originally called "diseases of civilization" because they go hand in hand with industrial development, NCDs have now spread around the world. NCD stands for Non-Communicable Disease but no gender, age or country is immune; historically, nothing ever has spread so far and fast without an infectious component.

2005. Bird Flu and Beyond: Chronic Disease to Kill 400 Million

2011. NCD Pandemic Killing Over 37 Million This Year

butcherguy complied this list in 2011:

ATS thread

Another one

Obesity and NCD

5th of Nov

Another

yet another

Euthanasia and NCD's

Thanks and S&

edit on 27/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Mostly co-sponsored by republicans b

Technically there are no republicans in congress despite what they like to call themselves.

Republicans in congress have voted to:
1. Voted for a fixed gov't controlled market when they voted for the bailouts.

2. Voted to squash State rights when they voted for GMO to not allow states to decide what it can label or not label.

3. Voted to stump on your freedom when they created and voted for the Patriot Act.

4. Voted to increase gov't size by creating Homeland security .

5. Have never voted to decrease gov't or cut significant taxes.

just to name a few.
edit on 40331America/ChicagoFri, 27 Mar 2015 16:40:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Perhaps you are right - anyway not my daddy's republicans

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have recently stopped eating all processed foods, and as a result feel about a million percent better, as well as losing a lot of weight. But even so, I realized that currently we have NO idea where our food is coming from conclusively unless we grow it ourselves. Even if you go to the farmers market and buy organic, you have no real way of knowing the food source. Whole foods is a mega corporation and who knows really where they are getting their products from? Trader Joes wont even disclose their suppliers. Thats disturbing. GMOs should be labelled in all cases and this will prompt a lot of people to dump processed foods, to at least have a chance at avoiding GMOs, so that is ultimately a good thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
A big DUH why all the fuss.

All producers of Non GM foodstuffs merely have to have big labels on their products stating :

GM CROPS HAVE NOT BEEN USED IN THE MANUFACTURE OF THIS PRODUCT

Those who use GM foods cannot put this label on otherwise they are lying and will be open to prosecution !!!!!

See simple, you just gotta switch the brain on and fight fire with fire.

It's a great idea, but a milk company in the United States was sued by Monsanto for putting on their carton that they contained no bovine growth hormone.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If you look, I suspect you'll find that the DARK Act was passed to comply with the Fast Forward Plan, which is NAFTA 3.0 - the latest iteration following the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (NAFTA 2.0).

The immediate goal is to define the USA and Canada as a single "market" under international trade law. And yes, the TPP will be a major trading partner for the US-Canada Trading Nation as (re)defined by the Fast Forward Plan and support legislation like the DARK Act.

edit on 29/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Good research. I'd love to see $$$ amounts those schills have received from big AG

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
National distributors cannot accommodate the law of 3 states.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If you look, I suspect you'll find that the DARK Act was passed to comply with the Fast Forward Plan, which is NAFTA 3.0 - the latest iteration following the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (NAFTA 2.0).

The immediate goal is to define the USA and Canada as a single "market" under international trade law. And yes, the TPP will be a major trading partner for the US-Canada Trading Nation as (re)defined by the Fast Forward Plan and support legislation like the DARK Act.

You are probably correct. The Dark act has not been passed, just reintroduced and sent to committee. But yes it's all part and parcel of the Food Destruction Plan.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Do you get that the big picture involves Global Corporate Government and in that context, the DARK Act and Fast Forward Plan are simply enabling legislation? That the real changes are contained in trade agreements like the TPP - and would override mere national laws?

Ooops. Yes, you know that. Just scrolled back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join