It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican States Are More Dependent On Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
These are great. I bet in a few hours there will be a post about how the Republican party is made up of "rich evil white racists". Well? You can't have it both ways. Are they poor and destitute and relying on the govt? Or greedy racist CEO's?

LOL.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The map I wanted is back up (from the link). The first time I looked it said "this map doesn't exist".

OFF TOPIC: I'm having trouble with sites loading for some reason. Usually I click and it's "right now", but it's taking forever to load a simple page. It's not just here, it's Huffpo, and everything I click on, so it's me. Sigh.

I'm going to investigate and see if I can figure out what's causing this decline in speed.

Be back later. I don't have the patience for all this waiting on pages/sites right now. Maybe I can figure it out, although figuring out computer problems is not my forte, I will try.

In the meantime, thanks for joining in, everybody.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You'd have to break out the spending for military bases, agriculture, etc. Simply saying red states get more government money is typical shoddy liberal analyses. Without controlling for the reasons and the various types of subsidies, the OPs post is bunk.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It must be the Democrat voting pockets.

Mississippi for example

Every state has "democrat voting pockets" or cities as I call them, but MS, AL, LA, have republican dominated state legislators.
States like IL and MN pay their own way while the reddest states are the takers you hate the most.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Awesome deflection. Look it up for yourself. Percent of population:
www.census.gov...

It's just one of the many, MANY confounding variables unaccounted for in this "very scientific study"...

Still didn't address the California multi-billion $$$$$$ federal bailout discrepancy.

-Crickets-

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
You'd have to break out the spending for military bases, agriculture, etc. Simply saying red states get more government money is typical shoddy liberal analyses. Without controlling for the reasons and the various types of subsidies, the OPs post is bunk.

Go to the wallet hub link I provided a couple posts back.
You'll see they measure per capita, take government employees into account, etc

What they left out is the list for:
% of citizens on food stamps, states with the worst schools, % of citizens in poverty
The list is almost exactly the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hm. I restarted the computer, ran the virus scanners (said okay) but it's no better and now the sound is gone. I'm breaking this puppy down and taking it in. I had to sit and wait on it 10 minutes just to log back in. GRRRR!

Sorry for jumping ship. Be back later.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Although not really "new" information, it is surprising to see that the states who rely on government subsidies most often, are the ones who continue to vote for them time after time, shooting themselves in the foot, unwittingly, one must presume. Surely.

New Mexico is the most-dependent state in the U.S., according to WalletHub's data. The state gets $2.19 in federal funding for every dollar paid in federal income taxes. In contrast, New Jersey, which is the least-dependent state, gets only about 50 cents in federal funding for every dollar paid in taxes, WalletHub calculated.

The analysis found that red states, or those that voted Republican in the 2012 presidential election, were much more likely to depend on the government than blue states.

That's somewhat ironic, considering the Republican Party's general reluctance to support federally funded initiatives like Medicaid expansion, and its long-term dedication to across-the-board budget cuts to slash the federal deficit.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ironic, indeed. It boggles the mind.

(The map they offered to show the states, apparently doesn't exist, but you know who you are.)

Aren't these states typically the ones yelling "Get the Federal Government out of my state!" ? If the Feds did pick up and pull out, looks as though they would be left in a world of hurt. I suggest probably paralyzed with shock.

But maybe then they would fathom the exploitation, and realize for once how they've been used by their own party.

Yupk

But.. the wealthiest or economic powerhouses are mostly blue. California for one. It's the biggest economy in the US by far.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: preezy120
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Awesome deflection. Look it up for yourself. Percent of population:
www.census.gov...

It's just one of the many, MANY confounding variables unaccounted for in this "very scientific study"...

Still didn't address the California multi-billion $$$$$$ federal bailout discrepancy.

-Crickets-

And California is a bigger economy by leaps and bounds than any red state.

There are facts too that the red states on average take in far more federal money and the blue states and cities (such as California or NYC) give more.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Although not really "new" information, it is surprising to see that the states who rely on government subsidies most often, are the ones who continue to vote for them time after time, shooting themselves in the foot, unwittingly, one must presume. Surely.

New Mexico is the most-dependent state in the U.S., according to WalletHub's data. The state gets $2.19 in federal funding for every dollar paid in federal income taxes. In contrast, New Jersey, which is the least-dependent state, gets only about 50 cents in federal funding for every dollar paid in taxes, WalletHub calculated.

The analysis found that red states, or those that voted Republican in the 2012 presidential election, were much more likely to depend on the government than blue states.

That's somewhat ironic, considering the Republican Party's general reluctance to support federally funded initiatives like Medicaid expansion, and its long-term dedication to across-the-board budget cuts to slash the federal deficit.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ironic, indeed. It boggles the mind.

(The map they offered to show the states, apparently doesn't exist, but you know who you are.)

Aren't these states typically the ones yelling "Get the Federal Government out of my state!" ? If the Feds did pick up and pull out, looks as though they would be left in a world of hurt. I suggest probably paralyzed with shock.

But maybe then they would fathom the exploitation, and realize for once how they've been used by their own party.

Two points: first, you mean the capitalist states turn a profit on their taxes (ie bringing in more than they pay out)!? Evil capitalists

Second, it has been proven over and over and over who the recipients of said welfare vote for. Democrats. Whether they live in a red state or a blue state, the welfare folks love dems.

ETA a bonus point:
This actually lines up perfectly with the "get out of my wallet" mantra. They're getting money stuffed into their wallet by the federal government at a greater rate than the money is being taken out of their wallet.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join