It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Medical Marijuana Bill Gains Momentum

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm all for medical marijuana, but from a DISPENSARY. What other medicine allows you to make it at home outside control of a pharmacist?

Medical marijuana should come from a PHARMACY, just like all other drugs that require a prescription.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

But why not alcohol?

I don't believe that the government or anyone else, should have the right to decide what I, as a consenting adult, should be allowed to put into my body.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they should have that right. It goes against the essence of liberty to make such micro-managing details about everyone else's lives. I don't care what you or anyone else puts into your body.

Just don't hurt anyone else and we're good. Can you help me understand why you feel like the government should be micro-managing such asinine aspects of people's lives?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I'm all for medical marijuana, but from a DISPENSARY. What other medicine allows you to make it at home outside control of a pharmacist?

Medical marijuana should come from a PHARMACY, just like all other drugs that require a prescription.

What other medicine can be grown in a home garden and is completely harmless?

Apples to oranges.

Big pharma is completely against marijuana precisely BECAUSE it's so hard for them to control the distribution.
edit on 3/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Answer

Businesses can set whatever rules they want as long as it isn't discriminatory.

Wait. Wait.....so....

If someone is using Prozac, or Antihistamines, or drinks, or smokes, or needs off every Wednesday and Sunday to go to Christ the King Catholic Church, or every Tuesday and Friday to go to dialysis, or becomes pregnant and needs bedrest or less physical work "at speed", or feels compelled to observe Ramadan, or doesn't wear pantyhose or a bra or stiletto heels, who doesn't paint their house beige, or have trimmed shrubbery......or has a car older than 3 years of age, or shops at JCPenney (or, worse - thrift shops!) instead of L.L. Bean or Eddie Bauer or Vera wang...or likes pink, or doesn't own a John Deere lawn tractor, or is shorter than 4-feet-tall, ....

and they are fired, given fewer hours, or paid less, because of any of those circumstances - say, are gay and adopting, or trangender, or born in Africa and nationalized, or a cross-dresser in their spare time,.. or have brown eyes instead of blue eyes, or once had an abortion.........................what is it then? .......

it IS DISCRIMATORY.

IT IS DISCRIMINATORY.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was referring to the government's idea of discriminatory: race, gender, sexual preference, or religion.

I think it's all nonsense.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I would say whatever the majority of the human race used BEFORE the industrial revolution. You could actually grow you own penicillin if you wanted too.

I grow many of my own herbs (no, not marijuana) such as sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, handful of others. These also have medical benefit to alleviate symptoms. When im all congested and stuffed up, I crush of some sage, boil it in water and inhale the steam. Man that cleans you up so good its almost like a revival of sorts. Honey and lemon are great combo for sore throats I have been using sine childhood (thank you parents raised in the old ways). Of course I dont have a lemon tree or a hive of bees, but I could legally if I wanted, or had the land too.

Plus using many of those fresh ingredients in your home cooking daily gives the body some really excellent health benefits.

Point is, do not allow the profit motivated opinions of others to influence how you think of home grown medicine. Educated yourself, and you can save alot of money. And the day Marijuana is decriminalized in my state, I will absolutely grow it myself. for MYSELF though. if you turn a personal hobby or passion into a commercial enterprise, it does not become as fun anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Intoxicate in this sense is supposed to mean that it alters your normal state of mind. It changes the way you think while under its influence. That certainly DOES happen when you are high. I agree that it is nothing like being drunk and does entirely different things to your head, but that doesn't mean you aren't intoxicated.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Why? It's so easy to grow. Why would you want to give your money to intermediary when you could just grow it yourself? Not to mention, it shouldn't be illegal anyways.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More good news on that front. As much as I dislike it, the west takes it's cue's from the USA.

If they can push something through Congress and the Senate and get this done proper, then it will mean a lot of good things for us here in Canada as well.

~Tenth

geez, you canucks have only 28 million in population or so, and vast areas of open space, it would seem fairly easy to grow your own, without anyone knowing, or frankly caring, that much.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is a step in the right direction. It's a damn tragedy here in Colorado people are still serving prison sentences for possession charges. I say just legalize it across the board, focus on the stuff that causes real addictions that lead to violent crime. Contrary to what the media makes it look like the overall crime and marijuana use is down here.

The atmosphere has even changed slightly. Sure crazy stuff still happens, but people in general seem to be less on edge and more compassionate towards one another. I have lived my whole life in the mile high city and it feels like 15 years ago when people would wave in traffic rather than give the one finger salute.

Stood behind 2 elderly men at the grocery store last week who were discussing the drastic benefit to their quality of life from smoking a little cannabis. It makes me smile, especially being one of the people behind the scenes...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is great progress towards a sensible, mature Cannabis policy, finally.

I hope they'll consider amnesties for all those hundreds of thousands of people currently rotting away in some hell hole prison for simply growing, possessing or ingesting a simple, but fantastically beneficial plant.

Once the UK sees how many benefits a mature Cannabis policy can bring, hopefully there'll be a paradigm shift in our stuck in the mud politicians too.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The atmosphere has even changed slightly. Sure crazy stuff still happens, but people in general seem to be less on edge and more compassionate towards one another. I have lived my whole life in the mile high city and it feels like 15 years ago when people would wave in traffic rather than give the one finger salute.

That's great to hear.

People are generally at their best when you remove some oppression from their lives, knowing the door isn't going to be kicked off it's hinges in the wee small hours because you've had a few joints, must be a huge relief to those who do.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Big pharma has been trying to make synthetic THC for almost 30 years now to no avail. That is one reason why it will NEVER be associated with the pharmaceutical industry or big corporations for that matter. Best to leave this plat in the hands of the botanists where it can do the most good for us all. You put it in the hands of some corporation and they will splice it, patent it, and pre-package it just like the rest of the world.

We are already seeing growing medical marijuana on a large scale is not a good idea. It's a very delicate time consuming process and mass producing it leaves to much room for error. You have to produce a stable reliable product and asking that from a plant that wants to be unique can be hard. There has already been a few incidents because of the concentration of CDB oils fluctuated. That was because they tried to mass produce the strain and the genetics got damaged.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Don't worry, America is the reason most of the world hates marijuana. When we change our policies, the rest of the world will probably follow suit shortly afterwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join