It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes resolution urging Obama to send weapons to Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House on Monday overwhelmingly approved a resolution urging President Barack Obama to send lethal weapons to Ukraine to protect its sovereignty in its fight against Russian-backed rebels.

The resolution was approved 348 to 48.

House passes resolution urging Obama to send weapons to Ukraine

This could be a major development. I recall the senate passing something in December that I think authorized the sending of weapons to Ukraine for "defense".

I also recall Russia saying that the US arming Ukraine would be considered an indisputable act of war against Russia, or something similar.

This does not bode well, especially considering the massive support it has. Not from you and I, mind you... but from the psychopaths who we have supposedly elected to lead us... seemingly straight into perdition.

edit on 3/23/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Something is going on, the US needs to inform us more on what their strategies are on dealing with Russia

edit on 23-3-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Lots of talk and then President Obama caving in and doing nothing at the end -that's the summary.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Big Democrat support I see.

Hmmm.

There must be big financial influences somewhere.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
By all means. Lets give weapons and support to the Nazis to destabilize the Russians. Solid plan, I mean, not like that's ever backfired on us before right?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Big Democrat support I see.

Hmmm.

There must be big financial influences somewhere.

If it wasn't so lame and sick, it would be funny. It's like the two parties just trade seats. Republicans on the gravy train, democrats waiting in the station. Then Democrats on the gravy train and republicans waiting in the station. Problem is, everybody BUT the republicans and democrats are paying for the gravy train, the tracks, the station and everything else it costs to support this scam.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats in todays America is which corporations are doing the political funding and lobbying.

As far as the agenda...... Well, its the same. The only argument is how to get there the fastest.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
US launches an ICBM and now this?

I think it's time for me to take a vacation away from NYC.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
just as it was getting a bit quiet and peacefull down there...
some don't like peace it seems.

"poking the bear" is the new coolest thing for usa.

i'm looking forward to the stupid and whiny faces if it bites back seriously.

why don't we send politicians instead of weapons? then they can headbutt some russian tanks...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is just another diplomatic tool to use when cutting deals with Russia. If for example Russian forces do not pull out Ukraine then the US arms Ukraine or if the the Russians break the cease fire the US arms Ukraine. Ect. I suspect that in the end Ukraine will be armed the same way the US arms Taiwan. Just enough to defend itself but not well enough to go start trouble. Although what Ukraine really needs in training. Ukraines forces have been let to fade away since the Cold War. With both the West and Russia as friends Ukraine saw no threats. After Georgia twice and Moldova and the Russian role in Azerbajan and Armenia, Ukraine was naive to think Russia would treat them any better.

What is going to be interesting is watching as Belarus tries to slip away from Moscow. Russia pretty much considers Belarus as a part of it. Hopefully Belarus plays this smart and slow and unlike in Ukraine the US and Europe have some sort of idea how to react this time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I agree it's a bad move. And a dangerous one potentially.

If the US openly elects to send offensive weapons to their puppet regime in Ukraine, it will follow that Russia, and China through Russia, will themselves openly and massively i suspect, begin sending the latest offensive weapons to the Eastern fighters.

Inevitably...there will be significantly more misery and death in Ukraine for the fighters and non-combatants alike, and there will exist a huge potential for both spill over of hostilities and expansion of the same.

Our leaders have finally lost their minds, assuming they really had any real control over their faculties to begin with that is.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
just as it was getting a bit quiet and peacefull down there...
some don't like peace it seems.

"poking the bear" is the new coolest thing for usa.

i'm looking forward to the stupid and whiny faces if it bites back seriously.

why don't we send politicians instead of weapons? then they can headbutt some russian tanks...

When it bites back, i believe it will be very sudden and very ferocious, to the point of being totally shocking...i don't want to be anywhere near it if and when it does happen, and if the US has any sense left, neither do they.

Never try to corner a bear, especially a nuclear and conventionally armed to the teeth bear would be my advice for a sensible foreign policy.

I agree with your suggestion mate. Send all the warmongering mouthpieces over to personally lead the front lines, armed with a rifle and a handgun...then we'd see the war drums fall silent faster than a blink.

They love to send our kids to kill and die for them, they're not so keen on facing the same deal themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Excellent move and long overdue.

If you can't get the EU to sign up to real tough economic sanctions which they keep refusing then the US can only start arming Ukraine. Get the weapons in there to stop Russia from annexing more territory. Sadly the EU doesn't have a system of government to deal with military aggression very well. Once again they need to be bailed out.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

They've launched at least 8 Minuteman ICBM's in the last 5 years, why is this one so special? Because Russian state media has jumped on it and spun it for their anti US rhetoric?

edit on 24/3/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Because Russian state media has jumped on it and spun it for their anti US rhetoric?

Ding...Ding...Ding...

You would be correct on that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Excellent move and long overdue.

If you can't get the EU to sign up to real tough economic sanctions which they keep refusing then the US can only start arming Ukraine. Get the weapons in there to stop Russia from annexing more territory. Sadly the EU doesn't have a system of government to deal with military aggression very well. Once again they need to be bailed out.

Great, another US created mess for us Europeans to have to deal with. I mean, it's not Russia is in the USA' s backyard and so they don't have to suffer the ensuing conflict they are so rabidly pushing for. In fact, I'd go so far as to say we'd all be getting along much better if the US forces in Europe were all told leave immediately.

Sadly the EU doesn't have a system of government to deal with military aggression very well. Once again they need to be bailed out.

That just about sums up once again the complete arrogance of the USA. They funded and created this mess, then say Europe isn't doing enough to control it? As for "bailing us out", let us not forget that is was largely US banks that funded the rise of the Nazi Party in pre-WWII germany to begin with. Let us also not forget the US corporations who made very nice profits arming and supplying the rising Nazi Party and military prior to stepping into the fray.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
That just about sums up once again the complete arrogance of the USA. They funded and created this mess, then say Europe isn't doing enough to control it?

The EU is the group that wanted Ukraine to join it. The EU courted Ukraine for a long time to pull it away from Russia's sphere of influence. Just like the EU has done with lots of other Eastern European countries.

We can blame the US for many nasty things, but the EU prompted Russia to over react when Ukraine was pulled away. The US has little interest in Ukraine.

Love seeing Brits trash the US. Reminds me to tell my children to let the Brits get themselves out of trouble the next time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Great, more tax payer money being spent on other countries.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Governor Claims Russian Forces Attacked Air Defence Unit Far From Front Line

Governor Claims Russian Forces Attacked Air Defence Unit Far From Front Line
10:18 (GMT)

The press office of the governor of the Lugansk region, Hennadiy Moskal, claims today that Russian special forces have conducted an attack on a Ukrainian air defence unit far to the north of the front line, deep inside Ukrainian-held territory near the Russian border.

Informator.lg.ua reports that Moskal's office said that, at 3:30 (1:30 GMT) this morning, a mobile radar-location station on the outskirts of Melovo was fired on.

The Interpreter translates:

"Two rounds were fired from an RPG at an army truck, in the back of which was faulty air defence equipment. As a result of the blasts, the vehicle was seriously damaged," says the statement.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Ah, I see!
Victoria Nuland was only on a social visit then and had nothing to do with the coup. Nothing at all and that compromised phone call between her and the US ambassador was all misunderstood, as was her "F*** the EU" comment?

Yes, the EU was courting Ukraine, as they have done with other states, to try and widen their control on behlaf of the same bankers that control the US. However, it was the US that brought about the coup and has been the most vocal in their calls for aggression and is the one directing it all with their ridiculous claims and driving around Europe in their shiny little tanks to try and intimidate those pesky Russkies some more.

Much as you hate to hear it, the biggest warmongers on the planet are the good ol' USofA. Simple historical fact shows us that time and time again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join