It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Skunk:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Definitely not me hehe. It's just a small mirror, less than a meter. It's mainly for the SLOAN sky survey, but also for teaching. I finished all my astro courses the semester it was finished so I didn't get to use it lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was on my plans. finances got in the way. It's probably better that I DON"T see anything else up there.

Wonder what it is though. Some sort of cloaking? Maybe some sort of normally invisible beam used for communications arcing across the sky. Maybe a whole patch of sky turning different colors like a area wide veil laser to disrupt enemy communications.

IS this whatever it is that can only be seen with gen 4 night vision area specific or is it all over the continental us and abroad?

As for Dugway. IT's a great place to get a tan. Weather can be unpredictable, heavy fog on occasions.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Latest installment:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There are a lot of service members that use gen IV+ ... I wonder why we haven't heard anything from them? I mean, even if they don't know what it is you'd think they'd say something...
edit on 31-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The only thing I can think of is back in the latest Iraq war there was video footage from marines of columns of light going up into the sky, but it was only visible via night vision. Haven't seen it in years though on youtube. May have been taken down. Maybe it's still there in youtube. But I'm too lazy to look.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sliiightly off topic, but feel free to message me if your family member needs some info / help with working for the VA here in Texas, (thats where I work).

On topic - I have family that works in the depths of the pentagon and I've had clearances (not up to their level) from previous jobs, but I feel like a lot of the questions I ask them garner responses similar to these ask a skunk responses, i.e. general and measured.

I'm sure compartmentalization plays a key role in generalizations, (i.e. how much would one skunk know about any other project except that which they are working on) but I can't help but think folks that work at higher levels of strategic commands have to know what kinds of "black" assets are available them (how else does one coordinate / plan / execute)...

Ask a Skunk is fascinating, but I am keeping my eyes and ears open for "ask a squirrel"...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Obviously the first video was a joke about the alien stuff(I THINK?!) but it seems like they think 4th graders will be watching this stuff. NO our products don't look like skunks......WTF who thinks that?
edit on 31-3-2015 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They actually answered one of my questions in one of those videos! Was kinda blown away when I saw my twitter username pop up with my question.

They have so much in development that we may never even know about.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

What was the question?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Alas, that level of personal information, I am not prepared to divulge. Hope you understand - we are on ATS after all :-)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Oooooh. Maybe we have Asgard beaming technology?! You said pillars of light going up into the sky...? Maybe they were going from the sky to the ground?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That would be sweet!!! I knew Stargate the series was for real!!!!!!!! They must be getting some insider knowledge. Looks at ATS aviation members suspiciously.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

It's cool you can tell us... We're like one big family in the aviation forum. Mystic and Zaph are like the big brothers that you follow around as a kid cause they were cooler than you. Sammammish is like your older brothers friend who every now and then would high five you to be nice and make you feel like you were cool too. Boomer's like the cousin that knows how to have more fun that anyone else, and I'm like the socially challenged black sheep that attracts friends like two like poles of a magnet. It's safe to tell us.

JK, it's totally understandable to keep certain things private.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Lol. Hey, way to go....high five!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was on my plans. finances got in the way. It's probably better that I DON"T see anything else up there.

Wonder what it is though. Some sort of cloaking? Maybe some sort of normally invisible beam used for communications arcing across the sky. Maybe a whole patch of sky turning different colors like a area wide veil laser to disrupt enemy communications.

IS this whatever it is that can only be seen with gen 4 night vision area specific or is it all over the continental us and abroad?

As for Dugway. IT's a great place to get a tan. Weather can be unpredictable, heavy fog on occasions.

Hey , here's a crazy idea. What if something from space could illuminate an entire area of interest at night, and the only thing that could pick it up was special nv lightweight glasses. Now that would be a big bonus for soldiers instead of wearing bulky nvg.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

you could use a mirrorr the only reflects a part of it IR spectrum. but if that wavelength ever got out anyone would be able to use it. i know ac-130's have a cool IR 'light' on them its like*bright spot....BOOM BOOM BOOM.....silence*

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Possibly targeting for allied aircraft to engage.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join