It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast from the Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A couple thing I found today reminded me of how cool those flying machines of old really were. One is of an Air show by the Texas Flying Legend Museum aircraft at the Bucket AirShow in Saint Barthélemy:

www.texasflyinglegends.org...

The other is a series of 17 photos showing the resilience and strength of the original flying tank, the B-17 Flying Fortress and the resilience and strength of the greatest generation:

www.warhistoryonline.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love classic warbirds just like classic muscle, sports and luxury cars, I hope to be able to help keep those old gals in the air one day. But finding a teardown manual for a Packard V-1650 with the supercharged turbos or a P&W R-2800 double Wasp has become somewhat difficult.

Those B-17s are just beasts, its been so long but I used to get a ride in one every year when they came with the airshows. Never got to see a B-24 or B-29 up close. Ive probably been in every flyable B-17 and most B-25s, will NEVER get old. First aircraft I ever sat in was "The Old Crow" P-51 when Mr. Anderson flew her to Nashville back in the very late 80s or early 90s when the F-117 came to the local airshow. That picture was lost so many years ago and its the one toddler pic I wish I still had, I was just 6-7 years old at the time.

join