It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little “Fighter” That Couldn’t: Moral Hazard and the F-35

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

This is what I'm talking about by they should have done research.

The overall cost of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II programme will come in at about $7.5 billion less than previously expected, according to the 2015 selected acquisition report (SAR).
Released on 18 March, the report indicates that research, development, test and evaluation cost remains unchanged at $54.9 billion, but that procurement costs declined by $7.7 billion, to $331 billion. The F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) says the reduction was primarily due to decreased labour costs.

While the SAR reports that the operating and support (O&S) costs of the F-35 over its service life remain nearly $1 trillion – the cost assessment programme evaluation that authors the SAR does not adjust O&S figures until a major milestone is reached – the JPO claims its revised cost estimate for this metric showed a $57.8 billion reduction from 2014, bringing the overall figure to $859 billion.
Lockheed's F-35 programme general manager, Lorraine Martin, says the company has reduced O&S costs for the F-35 by $60 billion in the past year alone.

www.flightglobal.com...

He claims that the program cost is $1.4T, but the JPO, who I'll trust a lot faster than an unknown blogger, shows it at $859B and dropping. It dropped almost $60B last year alone.
edit on 3/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
@ the person who talked about fusion reactors.

YEs they will be a great assett. Also imagine if we can make it into a viable warhead. mmmm fusion warheads. clean and enviro mentally friendly.(relatively)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Aliensun

Can you tell us the operational capabilities of said triangles?

Which forums are they best suited to and what are their advantages ?

The operational capabilities are virtually unlimited. As I've said many times on ATs forums, they are the greatest development since the invention of the wheel. They are the greatest war weapon ever. Ditto for space travel as compared to our best rocket technology. It is a self-enclosed environment encapsulated from gravity and lacking mass.

Tthink about what you could do with a such a device. They don't use air to fly when in the atmosphere and they and don't have mass and inertia in space. They can start and stop instantly. Want to drop a bomb on Moscow, you'll be there in a fraction of the time of an ICBM. Want to fly to the Moon base? No thought given to achieving escape velocity, you punch in the instructions and you zip there in a few hours. No retro burn anywhere. You simple stop, with a slight nudge of your reversed ion drive unit. Want to go to Mars? No problem, the virtually unlimited payload will allow you to carry whatever you need and you head out and be back in a month. No waiting for the precise launch time of a rocket to hit Mars. No billion-dollar expenses to go.

The triangles that have been seen, and I saw one for several minutes in 1998, are immense craft and I seriously doubt that that body which was larger than a 747 is taken up by the means for it to move. Having the capability of incredible speed, maneuverability and payload, not to mention extreme endurance such as an nuclear submarine has, makes it immediately the only means for the future of travel, whether, land, air, or space.

The hits on the economies that cannot build their own or afford to buy such craft from our developers of Boeing, Northrup and Lockheed will be devastating. The triangles are what are keeping us safe. Unfortunately, while they are more or less an open secret, the technology must be protected at all costs. Every wonder why we never had a serious replacement for the shuttle and apparently have let half a dozen other countries seeming taking the lead in space exploration? The explanation is the development of the triangles and similar craft.

Our biggest problem is that the aerospace industry is one of the mainstays of America. The aerospace industrial and air travel carrier conversions from aircraft to UFO-type of craft would be a tremendous hit on multiple sectors in the US economy. Copying the UFO systems were financed in secret, built in secret and kept secret as war weapons and to maintain the existing economy.

While we seeming play tag with the military powers of Russia and China building F-117s, F-22s, and F-35s more for cover operations and export than for our own long-term use. You have to wonder, did the Chinese really steal the plans to our new fighter jets, or were they allowed to steal them was guaranteed to caused them to spend large sums on developing their counterparts while their intelligence knows damned well we have the triangles and with them are invincible for the time being and several years into the future.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Where's your proof? Thousands of people have claimed to have seen triangles yet not one pic of them has surfaced.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Must be a UFO...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was just buzzed by a triangle. I was fast enough to run and get my camera and took a picture of it, there can be no doubt now.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

You entirely underestimate this technology and the flexibility of the uniqueness of it. It is not an over-statement for me to say that it is the greatest development--across the board for any form of transportation--since the invention of the wheel.

As Arthur C. Clarke the famous science-fiction writer said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” So if you can't imagine it, you must call it magic. And if you can't allow yourself to do that, then you are left to your disbelief and nothing will sway your mind. This forum needs more what I call "forward thinking." Are UFOs real? Of course they are, and we have some of their secrets.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Where's your proof? Thousands of people have claimed to have seen triangles yet not one pic of them has surfaced.

Ask yourself how long the F-117s were OPERATIONAL before you saw a picture of one and then how long before they were acknowledged AND you saw a decent picture of one?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You have to wonder, did the Chinese really steal the plans to our new fighter jets, or were they allowed to steal them was guaranteed to caused them to spend large sums on developing their counterparts while their intelligence knows damned well we have the triangles and with them are invincible for the time being and several years into the future.

Highly speculative- even if I say so myself..which I did... errrr... 2 days ago- in a thread you posted in!

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Hell, you might even let the "enemy" get a look at your F35 schematics and let them waste billions trying to recreate technology you have already left behind in preference for something even more WOW!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-3-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My biggest gripe with the program was the requirement to share the airframe between the three services which gives the Air Force and Navy a less than optimal fuselage for their versions.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ask yourself how long the F-117s were OPERATIONAL before you saw a picture of one and then how long before they were acknowledged AND you saw a decent picture of one?

About 5 to 10 years depending how you count it. Initial operating capability 1983, revealed 1988, first used operationally in 1989. I saw one in the flesh in 1991 at Top Gun Mirimar.
edit on 25-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Yeah I cant really count towards that because I saw classified aircraft quite a bit being a boom operator. I do see your point but the technology that your claiming they have is what I have a problem with. We simply don't have that sort of technology or it would be used on other projects. So if there really are some magical triangles out there then A
They aren't fuelled by tankers or I would have seen one, and B
they are probably from another world besides earth.

I don't discount that we have had classified aircraft flying a lot longer than the 5-10 years the F-117 was kept dark, but not with the technology that is claimed on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join